Virtavia Blenheim and Hampden in FSX - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Virtavia Blenheim and Hampden in FSX

Before we start passing around any more complete versions of the release please let's get Phil to verify that it is the same as what has been uploaded to the venders. If not then he can get them to update it on their servers. Then anyone with the problem can download it again from wherever they originally purchased it.

I have issues with the props / clouds too.

My current Hampden zip file is named

ALPHA Hampden FSX v1_1.zip

And the FSX texture folders contain only bmp files; no dds files.

Tommy
    Windows 7 Professional 64 bit, 16 Gigs Ram
    Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower
    ASUS P7P55D Deluxe
    Intel Core i7-860 Lynnfield Quad-Core 2.8 GHz LGA 1156
    ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB 128-Bit GDDR5
    SCEPTRE 27"
    WD Black 1 TB
    ASUS Xonar DS 7.1
    CORSAIR K95 RGB Platnum XT, PBT double-shot keycaps, Cherry MX Blue
    Logitech M510

Quote Originally Posted by sjrichardson View Post
    First off, I tried Mal's version with the default prop textures; as Paul has suggested, they are indeed quite dark. It was possible to see 3D ground objects through them, BUT now the cloud textures were appearing in front and masking the props - perhaps they were trying to get their own back!

However. I have now put in Mal's three dds prop texture files instead and - hey presto - I can see clouds through them as well as the ground objects.
    If you look closely, the clouds will still be appearing in front of the prop discs - it's just that with the new dds files, the textures are so pale and faint that it's not as obvious as with the darker textures. Its an FSX problem with FS9 port-overs, though it seems P3DV2.4 doesn't have the issue.

Glad the original glitch, with everything disappearing in the prop disc, is sorted too. I don't know where that particular problem stems from.

Members who have read this thread: 4