Antonov 124

Thread: Antonov 124

Antonov 124

Not sure about where to post this, just want to share this ...very impressive

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bFauQDXzUME&sns=em

Regards

Impressive. Thanks for posting

Great Video , great find .. one thing I noticed was its well since I have not followed the 124 for a whiles was the new engines.

Sweet video -

These fattys used to fly in and out of Duluth but ever since their airline sand blasted 100k worth of damage to the Cirrus fleet they haven't returned

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails an124.jpg  
    FAA ZMP
    PPL ASEL

| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | EVGA GTX1080 Ti | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X |

Impressive video !
    This plane has some kind of beauty... it's not "beautiful", but somehow...
    Makes me think about the 124 in native FSX format... by Thomas Ruth, if I remember correctly ? Were there any HD repaints available for this bird ?

Absolutely brilliant video! Some very good footage in there, especially of the ramp retraction and kneeling processes.

Quote Originally Posted by Daube View Post
    Impressive video !
    This plane has some kind of beauty... it's not "beautiful", but somehow...
    Makes me think about the 124 in native FSX format... by Thomas Ruth, if I remember correctly ? Were there any HD repaints available for this bird ?
    I think BananaBob did a HD/photorealistic Volga-Dnepr repaint for it back in 2009. Don't know if that paint is still widely available, I haven't seen it since then.

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Warren View Post
    Great Video , great find .. one thing I noticed was its well since I have not followed the 124 for a whiles was the new engines.
    These are more or less the original Progress D-18 engines, only difference being that they are slightly uprated for 150 tonne MTOW and have a sawtooth configuration for noise reduction. It seems that Antonov Design Bureau is the only operator of this variant. They were banned from flying into Sydney for a period of time due to noise ordnances, until we realised there was no other way to get the Ericsson Skycranes over here.

I usually see one or two of them sitting on the ramp when driving past LEJ (EDDP, Leipzig). Next to the Atlas 747s the only big birds coming into there. (The rest is A300s and 757s at night and A320s, 737s and CRJs by day.)

They're regular visitors to Prestwick (EGPK) too, although not quite as jaw-dropping as the real biggie - the An-225. Only time I saw that one she was on approach for Prestwick. Pity the crews, they're airborne nomads - it must get wearing after a while.
    Tom
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________________
    Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding. Proverbs 4:7

Members who have read this thread: 1