OT - a few weeks ago I asked for prayer for my wife. - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: OT - a few weeks ago I asked for prayer for my wife.

The dreams of my wife keep coming. They are pleasant dreams until I wake up. then the loneliness seems to grow deeper.

Once I wake up and find she isn't with me, I just cry. I find myself getting more and more depressed. More and more wanting to get drunk to stay numb. I promised my love I wouldn't go into the bottle fifteen years ago.

Life is dark for me right now

It is loneliness
    "Thats some of the best flying I have ever seen, upto the point that your dead, Never ever leave your wingman!"......Jester, Top Gun

Please follow Captain Kurt's advice and seek out a grief counselor and visit with them sooner rather than later.

It is sound advice, preferably a Christian one.

Use this sad situation to draw closer to God, not further from him.

Our life on this earth is momentary in comparison to eternity.

Find a grief counselor today or tomorrow. Please do not wait.

Again, my prayers are with you.
    Devildog73

Semper Fi
    "Earned RESPECT seldom needs to demand respect"

I agree with devildog. seek out the counselor sooner than later. it will take time. i know its too early but maybe consider getting a pet at some point that would give you companionship day in day out ebsides relatives visiting or checking on you. I turned to getting a kitten when I lost someone special. its not the same but it does help in long run.

http://www.wikihow.com/Live-After-the-Death-of-a-Spouse

PS: I lost my mom when I was 18 back in 1991 and was in high school then. She was closest to me than anyone including my father. i cried and still think of her and the good times every now and then. I am 41 now and dont go a day without thinking of her. So cry, grieve and share with the counselor. remember you always have us here at the forum too.

Very sad news. My condolences to you. Please stay strong in this dark time.
    I haven`t lost close family members yet, but I can tell my life has changed very much within very short time.
    I am very happy now with my little family still growing. But 5 years ago, I could swear, I will never have kids.

Give your sadness the time it needs. But there will be better times again. For sure.
    46 is just somewhere in the middle! Still so much to explore!
    Visit my CFS2-dedicated sites: CFS2 : Tips&Tricks + Downloads + A/C-Profiles + Links

Hi Darrell.

We don't know each other, but I am moved by your suffering.

This is my belief, and I hope it gives you some comfort.

God loves us. I don't know why, but He does. We are bound by a covenant with God created by the perfect sacrifice of Jesus. We are all saved... this means at death we are all forgiven, all corrected, all accepted. You will again meet your dear wife in Paradise, and all will be better than before. This is certain.

Dick

Darrell,

Hang in there mate. No words I utter on this page can give the comfort you need, but I hope in some way the reactions here on the OH give you some kind of support. I'm not a religious man myself, but I always try to look ahead and imagine what the person I lost would want me to do. There is a time to mourn for such a terrible loss, but eventually you must accept it and go on. I think your late wife would have wanted you to do just that.

My sincerest condolences,

Cees

Members who have read this thread: 1