Carenado Citation II - Released
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Carenado Citation II - Released

Carenado Citation II - Released

Around US$45...see their website for details:
    http://www.carenado.com/CarSite/Port...uct&correl=142

Is a must buy for me as I used to service Citation variants I/II/III back in the day. For now, I will observe comments from initial users & see how they like it while I plan my list of early to mid spring purchases. I was hoping their Hawker 850Xp would have come first but trust me, both will be in my hangar later this spring(after the Hawker comes out).

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Seems the Carenado site is a bit overloaded at the moment....Been looking forward to this one for a very, very long time!
    Matt

Found a bit step on the price but will get it too.
    Flavio - P3D v4.5 - MSFS 2020 - Win 11 Pro 64
    i912900KF 5.2ghz - ASUS TUFZ690 - AIO Cooler Master PL360 Flux Masterliquid - 32gb Kingston Fury 3600mhz - Asus RTX 2080 Super - AGON 32'' AG323FCXE 165mhz -
    MCP 737R 2015 Virtual Avionics - SSDs M2 2Tb+1Tb XPG

$45 for a lite product? Getting too pricey! I'd expect Navigraph support at that price point.
    FAA ZMP
    PPL ASEL

| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | EVGA GTX1080 Ti | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X |

Wait til the Hawker comes out at $60 or more. Yeah $45 is steep, but Carenado is smart enough to know that there are suckers like me out there that will go for it regardless.
    Matt

Not sure about what differentiates a Lite product versus something above that threshold but I'd point out in an aircraft like the Citation II the original aircraft did not have FMS systems nor EFIS. Most of the ones I handled back in the day had basic radio nav & dme equipment and Loran-C & RNAV systems. The first GPS units I saw & later FMS systems were very basic universal systems which were pretty limited in function. Looking at this product, it appears that Carenado has achieved a good balance of systems depth and added capability over rudimentary legacy systems found in the real legacy Citations. The real Citation is a very simple straightforward jet to operate.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

$45?????

Think I can wait until it goes on sale.

cheers,
    Lane

As usual, Carenado has released a visually appealing aircraft, but I will wait for some reviews and for a sale before deciding.
    My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

It's often not a bad idea to simply wait for Carenado to issue the first service pack to a new release before purchasing. In my experience, their products are beta tested by the community, and then the most common bugs fixed. Not a good way to run a company, but one could argue that they are still a thriving entity in the FSX/P3D world so they are clearly doing something right.
    Matt

This bird realy looks great!! I am happy to see that we have a company which is creating busynessjets that we can enjoy!
    But to be honest it is a bit expensive in my point of view.
    Is it realy necessary that the cost for addons become higher and higher?
    Actually I'will think twice about buying something at this price, even if I want to.
    Just my thought.

Purchased and tried it briefly yesterday. Looks fantastic, but need to do more research to see if it "flies right". I did report one issue to Carenado regarding incorrect ITT readings, which shot through the red-line on startup, and stayed on the red line at idle (then strangely enough dipped briefly while adding power, before climbing back to red at 85% thrust).
    Carenado responded with a form-letter email stating that they'll take it into consideration for the Service Pack.

Outside of that though, it seems to be a great aircraft. It even has a pulse landing light system, which I have not yet seen on other addons.

Just for information (And not derail the topic), Aerosoft BushHawk and Baytower RV7 has pulse lights
    Flavio - P3D v4.5 - MSFS 2020 - Win 11 Pro 64
    i912900KF 5.2ghz - ASUS TUFZ690 - AIO Cooler Master PL360 Flux Masterliquid - 32gb Kingston Fury 3600mhz - Asus RTX 2080 Super - AGON 32'' AG323FCXE 165mhz -
    MCP 737R 2015 Virtual Avionics - SSDs M2 2Tb+1Tb XPG

Quote Originally Posted by flaviossa View Post
    Just for information (And not derail the topic), Aerosoft BushHawk and Baytower RV7 has pulse lights
    Good to know! I don't have either of those, and I haven't seen that feature widely advertised, thus my original inaccuracy.
    For consumers considering this addon, I recommend waiting until the first Service Pack is released to see what state the aircraft is in at that point.

I really like Citations. Pretty much has been my favorite bizjet in Flightsim since probably FS98.
    But I've got Bill's Learjet in the hanger that isn't even a month old.
    I'll wait a while before seriously considering the new Citation II.

Don't they make their aircraft dual compatible? FSX/P3D? They're probably just trying to account for the additional fact that it will be used in 2 sims most likely. Nothing wrong with that in my opinion. Seems like there are people who buy every thing they put out regardless of quality or price. So good for them for capitalizing on it. I'm not one of those people. They do make some of the most visually beautiful models around. this one looks great as well.
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO
    Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

Quote Originally Posted by flaviossa View Post

I coded the Pulselite (TM) system in the Eaglesoft CII and CJ1 over eight years ago. Hardly anyone ever noticed this (then) exclusive feature.
    Bill Leaming
    3d Modeler Max/GMax
    C & XML Gauge Programmer

Military Visualizations
    http://milviz.com

Intel® Core™ i7-3770k 4.2GHz - Crucial 16GB DDR3 - Dual Radeon HD770 1GB DDR5 (Crossfire) - Eco II Watercooling - Win7 64bit
    Intel® Core™ i7-2600k 3.4GHz - Crucial 8GB DDR3 - NVIDIA EVGA GTX-770 SC 4GB - Win7 64bit

Oh yes we did and used it extensively
    Anneke

SOH-CM-2019
    Blog Entries
    Not worth the price. Used to buy all their planes, now much too expensive. Would rather buy Lionhearts aircraft.

They definitely need more sales though out the year. Just one in December doesn't cut it for me. I just paid full price for two of their aircraft, and my wallet is still smokin'
    -- WH

If at first you don't succeed, try, try,try again. ... or go read the manual.

i will wait for it to come to justflight where i can use store points to get a discount on it
    Thursday, November 27 2014 I Lost My Best Friend My Uncle! He Was Amazing person He was a volunteer For Las Vegas metro Police he will be missed, I Volunteer with him Many Times With LVMPD And USFS

THOMAS CURTIS
    Thursday Nov 27th 2014

==Punisher of Arizona == Thin Blue Line

Quote Originally Posted by SeanTK View Post
    Purchased and tried it briefly yesterday. Looks fantastic, but need to do more research to see if it "flies right". I did report one issue to Carenado regarding incorrect ITT readings, which shot through the red-line on startup, and stayed on the red line at idle (then strangely enough dipped briefly while adding power, before climbing back to red at 85% thrust).
    Carenado responded with a form-letter email stating that they'll take it into consideration for the Service Pack.

Outside of that though, it seems to be a great aircraft. It even has a pulse landing light system, which I have not yet seen on other addons.
    Purchased the Citation today, so far so good,

Quick question - is the pulse landing light system something you've coded or a flick of a switch in the cockpit ? not seeing it on my set up ?

Quote Originally Posted by Aircanuck View Post
    Purchased the Citation today, so far so good,

Quick question - is the pulse landing light system something you've coded or a flick of a switch in the cockpit ? not seeing it on my set up ?
    See here:

Service Pack / Patch 1 has been released.

S550 Citation II FSX/P3D Service Pack 1 20150126

Fixes
    ITT over limit
    N1 digital readout over 100%
    FMS time issue
    EHSI layout
    Fuel consumption with engines off
    TCAS issue
    USA flag turned around in some liveries
    Autopilot pitch knob adjusted
    Some tooltips showing wrong information
    Flap mouse manipulation issue
    Other minor issues

Improvements
    N1 reference box implemented
    Gear unlocked light implemented
    Flight dynamics improved in climb
    Climb, takeoff, landing and other new information added to the Performance document

Customers just have to log into their accounts at carenado.com to get it.
    You don t need this service pack if you downloaded the product after January 26th, 2015 1630 GMT

Members who have read this thread: 4