I wonder!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I wonder!

Question I wonder!

Hello! I begun to work with the C.A.N.T. Z1007 series.
    Which would be the key asignament to change the angle of the propeller blades in cfs2?
    I know there is no cfs2 native plane that changes such angle in the game (visually), but perhaps , talking about behaving, there is a key for that. So in the case.. i would like to give it a try.
    Cheers
    Mario

Mission, there is no key assignment in the command menu for prop pitch. Its one of those things you'll have to control 100% with an appropriate ECU gauge that contains prop pitch, throttle and mixture.

"If you're in a fair fight, you didn't plan it right"

You could try the lever_prop_pitch0 to lever_prop_pitch3 and see if they work in CFS2.
    "Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right!" Some SOH Founder.

Icon26

Thank u guys!!
    Those were good ideas and all a response.
    Now I can not imagine how to compose a gauge such animation.
    Allen, this movement would be automatic Or would with a key?
    If in both cases it would be automatic with working prop disk, may it is not visible?
    thanks
    Mario

lever_prop_pitch# is listed as keyframe animation 0 to 100.

Icon26

Thank u Allen, i´ve tried that today without succes. In fact i´ve used that animation name for levers and like i´ve tried with panel gauges pointers, had no succes. Such animation name it wont work
    Ok ! any way, do you remember that troubles that i had in the begining of Z506 series conversion? I keep having such troubles until now , always had it. some times bglc9 compiller works well and other bad with corrupt resoults. So to make trys still being a challenge. Is just in this conversion , i´ll try to learn something more.

I´m really interested in the bearcat choice, i knew about that tool, but forgot it at same time. But i really dont have a idea how it works. Time ago tried to do it with the Me262 slats , my idea was to copy it from some slats of a Me109e7 gauge made by some italian guy that i cant remenber the name. If we can use a gauge to trigger fs9 animations in cfs2 , it would be great. Where can i get some info or tut about this?
    Any way thank u for helping me.
    Cheers
    Mario

The lever_prop_pitch# are from the FS2002 MakeMDL so everything from it will not work in CFS2.

Icon26

Hello everyone !.
    I worked on the animations two models Z1007 Mb & Bb besides ailerons and rudders and the usual animations, there have been others. I lack the models variants "NIGHT".
    My summer vacation (here in the south) begin on 1/26, where I will devote full attention.
    I would like to have a bombay aiming view, but i´m not a panel expert , ideas?
    cheers
    Mario

The views can be changed by panel. This was done in the OH B-24D and the other OH bombers. I'm not too good at it but it can be done.

Hello, greetings to all! I have finished converting all models practically the C.A.N.T. Z1007 series. But I still have to work on the panel, air, aircraft and dp file.
    I tried to make a model multilod without success due to the complexity of the models, to start the action seems to be very heavy sources, many scales to adapt (hundreds) and compilations failed. http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...nd-LOD-s/page2

And i want to thank ur help Bloodhawk and others. About the multilod try, i just gave up.

Beepee, I need your help to continue panels because they are your conversion of gauges used.

Volunteers to give me a hand are very welcome.
    I still building my new house at miles from i´m living and little time is remaining for this, but we deserve to have it finished.
    Cheers
    Mario

Question

Hi Mission,
    I wish I had time to help you with the build. The problem of the failed compilations is probably due to the huge amount of poly's, as this is a complex detailed ac, and without major surgery to reduce the poly count, you really could anly add the most basic of LOD's. Having said that you could add a few very low poly/basic models and a blank on, which would help a little bit.

As for prop angle, well you could tweak the airfile to improve the performance slightly. Then have a lever/button (with or without a gauge) to activate a spoiler, this will slow the ac down to it's correct speed/climb rate at lower altitudes, simulating a fine pitch. Then activate that lever/button at a certain altitude to remove the 'spoiler', this would simulate a change to a coarser pitch at higher altitude and give better performance? Just an idea, and would take a lot of experimentation to get right.......

Cheers

Shessi

Quote Originally Posted by Shessi View Post
    Hi Mission,
    I wish I had time to help you with the build. The problem of the failed compilations is probably due to the huge amount of poly's, as this is a complex detailed ac, and without major surgery to reduce the poly count, you really could anly add the most basic of LOD's. Having said that you could add a few very low poly/basic models and a blank on, which would help a little bit.

As for prop angle, well you could tweak the airfile to improve the performance slightly. Then have a lever/button (with or without a gauge) to activate a spoiler, this will slow the ac down to it's correct speed/climb rate at lower altitudes, simulating a fine pitch. Then activate that lever/button at a certain altitude to remove the 'spoiler', this would simulate a change to a coarser pitch at higher altitude and give better performance? Just an idea, and would take a lot of experimentation to get right.......

Cheers

Shessi
    thank u Shessi for ur suggestion.
    I am already using such key for other animation. But i forgot that too.
    About the lods in that way u mentioned, i think it would be a pity to break such detailed model with a poor basic lod model even at long distance eye view. But thank u again.
    Cheers
    Mario

Some pics, there are more variants!
    Four diferents models converted (monoderiva&bideriva+night versions), now I begun to work in dp file.
    Cheers
    Mario
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Texture.176.jpg   Texture.193-6.jpg   Texture.210-2.jpg   Texture.261-7.jpg   Texture.263-5.jpg  

Icon22 Great news from Beepee!!

Thank you Beepee for your help again !!
    Remain lot of work in the dp, air and aircraft file.
    Chhers
    Mario
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails z1007- 2D panel.jpg   z1007- VC panel.jpg   z1007-bomb aimer 1.jpg   DPboxes.jpg   Dpboxes2.jpg  

It's all looking good Mario.

I have a question. Can you get dimensions from Gmax to aid in making damage boxes for your damage profile?
    I'm thinking possibly x.y, and z numbers. Engine locations, cockpit, etc.

For me this is always the most time consuming. Try, try, and try again can make one nuts.

Have any tricks?

Icon26

Quote Originally Posted by dvslats View Post
    It's all looking good Mario.

I have a question. Can you get dimensions from Gmax to aid in making damage boxes for your damage profile?
    I'm thinking possibly x.y, and z numbers. Engine locations, cockpit, etc.

For me this is always the most time consuming. Try, try, and try again can make one nuts.

Have any tricks?
    Hi Dave !! What I do is to use the coordinates in meters located in the Blue Print tab (DPED program). The important I think is that 0,0,0 point in the model has the correct location. But I have doubts if this zero point is affected in aircraft file too.
    And I cant scape of the trys and retrys neither.
    Cheers friend!
    Mario

Sorry , i missed to post the pic.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails coordinates.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by misson View Post
    Hi Dave !! What I do is to use the coordinates in meters located in the Blue Print tab (DPED program). The important I think is that 0,0,0 point in the model has the correct location. But I have doubts if this zero point is affected in aircraft file too.
    And I cant scape of the trys and retrys neither.
    Cheers friend!
    Mario
    Thanks for the reply Mario. So there's no easy street...

Dave

Question

Dave,
    Unfortunately no, it's a lot of trial and error with DP's! Mind you, having DPed is better than having to do it all by hand.....

Mario, I think you know this, but the zero point used is the model zero point, built into the mdl, and not the aircraft.cfg zero point.

Did you manage to add any LOD's at all?

Cheers

Shessi

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Shessi View Post
    Dave,
    Unfortunately no, it's a lot of trial and error with DP's! Mind you, having DPed is better than having to do it all by hand.....

Mario, I think you know this, but the zero point used is the model zero point, built into the mdl, and not the aircraft.cfg zero point.

Did you manage to add any LOD's at all?

Cheers

Shessi
    No Shessi! See , I `ve tried (as other people) as u saw, and i want to leave it as it is. When it comes to export it... it is a complex , and dont forget that gmax exports to fs2k4 no directly to cfs2. And then later run other tools + mdlc .
    But thank u for ask.
    Cheers
    Mario
    Last edited by misson; March 27th, 2015 at 12:00.

Blog Entries

Que quede entre nosotros...

No Shessi! See , I `ve tried (as other people) as u saw, and i want to leave it as it is. The main source is some complex in the hour to export, and dont forget that gmax exports to fs2k4 no directly to cfs2. And then later run other tools + mdlc .
    But thank u for ask.
    Cheers
    Mario
    Creo que en lo que escribistes, quieras decir en castellano... "es algo muy complejo a la hora de exportarlo"...
    en ingles... "The main source is some complex in the hour to export"... no tiene significado... es decir, no
    se entiende... debes decir...."when it comes to export it... it is a complex etc. etc."
    Un ingles o Americano que lee lo que escribistes... not le ve ni pie ni cabeza... como si se dice: "Cuando el viene a exportar" en vez de "a la hora de.. etc."

Algo como "But thank you for ask"... no es correcto pero SI se entiende... es OK

En otras palabras, la pronunciacion y faltas the ortografia.. no importan nada... si se entiende...
    pero muchas veces... el orden o las palabras mismas... no se traducen bien de una lengua a otra...

Espero recibas esta correccion bien... no es critica sino ayuda a mejorar tu habilidad con el Ingles... que es MUY BUENA...

Un abrazo....
    Carlos

Icon22

Quote Originally Posted by gaucho_59 View Post
    Creo que en lo que escribistes, quieras decir en castellano... "es algo muy complejo a la hora de exportarlo"...
    en ingles... "The main source is some complex in the hour to export"... no tiene significado... es decir, no
    se entiende... debes decir...."when it comes to export it... it is a complex etc. etc."
    Un ingles o Americano que lee lo que escribistes... not le ve ni pie ni cabeza... como si se dice: "Cuando el viene a exportar" en vez de "a la hora de.. etc."

Algo como "But thank you for ask"... no es correcto pero SI se entiende... es OK

En otras palabras, la pronunciacion y faltas the ortografia.. no importan nada... si se entiende...
    pero muchas veces... el orden o las palabras mismas... no se traducen bien de una lengua a otra...

Espero recibas esta correccion bien... no es critica sino ayuda a mejorar tu habilidad con el Ingles... que es MUY BUENA...

Un abrazo....
    Carlos
    Gauchito como me voy a calentar contigo? dejate de embromar . si que se yo medio apurado respondì sin buscar la mejor oracion.
    Un abrazo hermano !
    Mario

Icon25

I'm nearing the end. But I do not think even the weekend ready.
    BloodHawk ... Can i use your weapons?
    Cheers
    Mario
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Z1007b (2).jpg   Z1007b.jpg   Z1007m.jpg  

Icon22

I'm nearing the end. But I do not think even the weekend ready.
    BloodHawk ... Can i use your weapons?
    Cheers
    Mario
    Hi Mario,
    Congratulations for Your hard job, but, please, remember that '1007 (and '506) NEVER launched torpedoes.....
    Please take a look to the history files enclosed in both the original FS9 packages for the standard loads.

Quote Originally Posted by mvg3d View Post
    Hi Mario,
    Congratulations for Your hard job, but, please, remember that '1007 (and '506) NEVER launched torpedoes.....
    Please take a look to the history files enclosed in both the original FS9 packages for the standard loads.
    Manuelle , u probably are right, but seems there are contradictions. I`ve read the files but... read this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CANT_Z.1007 But there is not problem, torpedoes will be removed.
    Cheers
    Mario

Members who have read this thread: 2