Restauravia, Mirage IIIC version 1.0!!!!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Restauravia, Mirage IIIC version 1.0!!!!

Restauravia, Mirage IIIC version 1.0!!!!

Was surfing the web tonight and came across this new(?) Mirgage IIIC from Restauravia!!!..........look'n good!!!!
    http://restauravia.fr/html/mirage_iiic.html

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails res5_zps4c5d4e59.jpg   res1_zps9a856a79.jpg   res3_zps3b6d9eff.jpg   res6_zpsf76f3d67.jpg   res4_zps3b47ce68.jpg  
    OS Vista 64 Home Basic
    WD 1.5 TB HD
    EVGA 550Ti 2GB MEM
    GSKILL RIPJAWS 8GB RAM
    Intel Core i5-2500K Sandy Bridge 3.3GHZ
    XION High Performance 1000W PS
    FSX/Acceleration

@LE151

Did You know SEARCH FUNCTION? It does not hurt.
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Quote Originally Posted by YoYo View Post
    @LE151

Did You know SEARCH FUNCTION? It does not hurt.
    So, he missed an earlier thread - big deal. I'm happy anyone shares new news about great FSX releases, and maybe someone else missed the earlier thread as well.
    Cheers,
    Dave

The mods do an awesome job of keeping relevant release threads pinned and un-pinned, but I'd propose that such brilliant freeware releases perhaps stay pinned a bit longer; it might help increase exposure to those who aren't able to stay current on the forums, while giving a bit of extra props to those developers who toil away at such labour simply for the love of the hobby and the community.
    Jim Stewart

Quote Originally Posted by DaveKDEN View Post
    So, he missed an earlier thread - big deal. I'm happy anyone shares new news about great FSX releases, and maybe someone else missed the earlier thread as well.
    Yes, such action has a name - the laziness. This will only mess on the forum. Just think.
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

C'mon guys... it´s not a big deal. The only thing needed is one mod shows the path to the original tread and lock the new one. Rapidly it will go fade away in the oldddd topics ....
    Flavio - P3D v4.5 - MSFS 2020 - Win 11 Pro 64
    i912900KF 5.2ghz - ASUS TUFZ690 - AIO Cooler Master PL360 Flux Masterliquid - 32gb Kingston Fury 3600mhz - Asus RTX 2080 Super - AGON 32'' AG323FCXE 165mhz -
    MCP 737R 2015 Virtual Avionics - SSDs M2 2Tb+1Tb XPG

Errors can be made and personally I don't think announcing a new model twice is an act of laziness. But I found it a bit odd to see the model mentioned again while the original thread had just slipped from the front page. Therefore I made a post with the link towards the original thread.

We use internal guidelines to make this type of announcements like this a sticky. The duration of period during which it remains a sticky is chosen to enable every regular visitor to see the announcement.

I could have closed this thread, but I didn't consider that necessary.

Cheers,
    Huub

If a member doesn't come here very often because of all the snarkyness from the usual suspects (who seem to live their every waking moment on SOH), then it just stands to reason that some news will be missed. I don't come here very often, and this post made me aware that the Mirage IIIC is available, so thanks.

PS I'm not talking about you, Huub, you did just post a link, which was more along the lines of informative.
    Last edited by grog swiller; January 8th, 2015 at 13:54.

Quote Originally Posted by grog swiller View Post
    If a member doesn't come here very often because of all the snarkyness from the usual suspects (who seem to live their every waking moment on SOH), then it just stands to reason that some news will be missed. I don't come here very often, and this post made me aware that the Mirage IIIC is available, so thanks.

PS I'm not talking about you, Huub, you did just post a link, which was more along the lines of informative.

Amen brother!
    Cheers,
    Dave

O.K.,
    Well nobody's perfect.........sorry if I "bugged" anyone.........yes I missed the earlier thread.

Cheers!
    OS Vista 64 Home Basic
    WD 1.5 TB HD
    EVGA 550Ti 2GB MEM
    GSKILL RIPJAWS 8GB RAM
    Intel Core i5-2500K Sandy Bridge 3.3GHZ
    XION High Performance 1000W PS
    FSX/Acceleration

For those like me that enjoy Swiss Air Force ops in the alps, there is a SAF paint for this over at simviation.com.
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Quote Originally Posted by expat View Post
    For those like me that enjoy Swiss Air Force ops in the alps, there is a SAF paint for this over at simviation.com.
    I noticed another up there this morning. It is painted as J-2201, the one and only Mirage IIIC operated by the Swiss Air Force.
    It was used to evaluate the type before the contract was signed. All of the others were license-built Mirage IIIS.

Quote Originally Posted by fsafranek View Post
    I noticed another up there this morning. It is painted as J-2201, the one and only Mirage IIIC operated by the Swiss Air Force.
    It was used to evaluate the type before the contract was signed. All of the others were license-built Mirage IIIS.
    Oh my! I am Doing the J-2201. :thumbdown:
    Miro

AMD FX-8350 @ 4.0 GHz, AMD (GigaByte) Radeon R9 280X Series @ 3GB Video, ATI Radeon SoundCard, GigaByte FX-990GAUD, Samsung 840EVO SSD @ 120GB, WD Caviar Blue @ 1TB

Painted!!!!

The Swiss Air Force, used really only one Mirage IIIC for evaluation and tests (including firing rockets and dropping bombs over Axalp shooting range), basis for the further purchase of the own-version Mirage IIIS. Its registration was J-2201 and flew for the GDA Emmen (Now Armasuisse), a departement of the Air Force, from 1962 to 1978. Today it's conserved in a museum in Dübendorf, near Zurich.
    Only one thing isn't exact: the font of the registration, if someone can say me which it was used in real, it will be very helpful.

I hope you like it.

I hope to upload it tomorrow in the WB library.
    Miro

AMD FX-8350 @ 4.0 GHz, AMD (GigaByte) Radeon R9 280X Series @ 3GB Video, ATI Radeon SoundCard, GigaByte FX-990GAUD, Samsung 840EVO SSD @ 120GB, WD Caviar Blue @ 1TB

Miro, the best way is to compare all available fonts with the pictures of the real thing. One that matches closely will obvious do.
    Sure it takes time, but patience is a virtue.

Hank

Miro

really enjoying this aircraft - thank you Restauravia! Working on a Swiss livery for the Mirage here also. Trying something different - I used some hi-rez photos (public domain only ) of a Swiss Mirage III S to concoct this fictitious livery for the C. Work in progress. Not sure that I'll bother finishing it because I took a run at this just to see how it would turn out. But I got some nice screen shots so here you go...

Your English is better than my French, German, Italian, Spanish.... so no worries my friends!

Quote Originally Posted by odourboy View Post
    really enjoying this aircraft - thank you Restauravia! Working on a Swiss livery for the Mirage here also. Trying something different - I used some hi-rez photos (public domain only ) of a Swiss Mirage III S to concoct this fictitious livery for the C. Work in progress. Not sure that I'll bother finishing it because I took a run at this just to see how it would turn out. But I got some nice screen shots so here you go...

That looks outstanding ... really hoping you will share this great skin. Mike

Quote Originally Posted by odourboy View Post
    Brian it looks very good. Only two remarkable things!
    1) the swiss IIIS nose cone was dark grey, not black. Just wanted to say
    2) what font you used for registration?
    Thanks! She's a beauty. I want to fly it!

P.S Zsolt what are those links?
    Miro

Quote Originally Posted by mirage3 View Post

P.S Zsolt what are those links?
    Look at the SOH library http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...ks.php?catid=3
    FSX skins

Zsolt
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=81650&dateline=141228  2824

Ok. Will take a look!
    Miro

Quote Originally Posted by mirage3 View Post
    Thanks Miro!

I wish I could help you with that font, but it was taken directly from a photograph of the S, so I don't know what it actually is.

Your 1st remark hints of why I'm being a bit coy about finishing and releasing this livery. I took it on as an exercise to see if I could use photos rather than the paint kit to build a livery. Some parts I'm really happy with (where I could get hi quality hi-rez photos with even lighting), but in areas where I'm off the mark - nose cone for example, but in particular, the camo pattern on the forward section, has proven to be quite a challenge to get right and sucking up more time than I intended to invest. Anyway, I'll continue to poke away at it for now.
    Your English is better than my French, German, Italian, Spanish.... so no worries my friends!

A little more friendly (I'm sure I'm not alone when I say I hate links that immediately start a download to my machine):

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...-Sqn-class-zip

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...h-Squadron-zip

You must have been reading my mind this weekend Zsolt. I was thinking a bare metal and camo Mirage IIICJ would be nice. And #59 to boot. Thank you!

Members who have read this thread: 1