Dino's Belated Christmas Present! - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dino's Belated Christmas Present!

Here is a paint that needs doing.

I would do it but I am having trouble openning these textures for some reason. Font for "NAVY" appears to be standard USAF "Amarillo USAF"

Quote Originally Posted by PLUTO16 View Post
    Hi Eric,if you refer to external textures,i did it on standard DXT5 with alpha channel.

Bye,
    Ale
    I think my problem is these are 4096x4096 textures. I have a very modern PC, but still use Photoshop 7 because I am expert with it after many years of use. PS7 has its issues on things like file size and even the size of your HD. If its bigger than 1TB, Photoshop 7 thinks its full! (so I save to a lower sized partition.) In any case, I have always been happy with 2048x skins personally.

Eric...is there a paint kit for this yet?

K

Quote Originally Posted by ColoKent View Post
    Eric...is there a paint kit for this yet?

K
    I dont know. Just suggesting a cool paint in some colors I like!

Eric-- I'm with ya.... I've always LOVED this airplane, and have the books to prove it. Interesting point...I served with the current head of the ADF (Australian Defense Force) in the desert about 10 years ago, and before he was RAAF (and he ended up as head of the RAAF, I might add!), he was...RAN! About a 99% chance he flew these Aussie navy Macchis...

Kent

All,

A paintkit is in the works and will be released soon - but keep in mind it is still a Beta: we may need to make changes to the model (although that seems unlikely at them moment) so please refrain from releasing repaints until we release the 1.0 version.

Dino,

I'm sorry, but I simply don't like this bird--

I LOVE IT...

BTW...did you use the Ali D'italia book on the 324 as reference? I've had it on my shelf for years....

AWESOME job, Dino!!!!! You've made me a mighty happy man! If it's Italian and fast...well, it's good!!!

Kent

Quote Originally Posted by rvn817j View Post
    Just a question from your interesting story...Is it I-AIDE or I-ADIE as shown above?
    Sorry I made a mistake in the story..The corrected markings are ADIA-ADIE-ADIO-ADIU,according with this,the textures are correct as shown.
    Bye,
    Ale

Ale - REALLY cool detail on the Alitalia training story... Thanks!

Kent

always enjoy your work and she a beauty

Fantastic paints

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2015-1-6_21-41-38-322.jpg  

It's a fantastic model Dino and although my rides are usually low and slow this aircraft is in my hangar.

Oh and I see you have a donate button...must remember to press it tonight!
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

Did any of these happen to end up in North America in the 80s per chance?

Just finished shooting a little video aerobatic sequence flying the Brazilian marked version at a nice little freeware scenery of Ilhéus, Brazil. When I get it all put together & uploaded, I will post it here later.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by StormILM View Post
    Thanks. Great video!!!!! What scenery is that? It looks very good. Bob.

Quote Originally Posted by familton View Post
    Thanks. Great video!!!!! What scenery is that? It looks very good. Bob.
    The scenery is Ilhéus, Brazil which you can get at OZx of Terra Brasil:

http://aussiex.org/forum/index.php?/...ilheus-brazil/

http://www.terra-brasilis.org/brasil...tos-by-amengol

It is very nice scenery and quite challenging with different airliner types because of the short runway.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Another great vid, not that I ever need incentive to fly Dino's models. Adding this to the fun hangar when I want to take a break from the more modern fighters. Bikini spotting in Brazil would be cool.
    Fly Navy/Army
    USN SAR
    DUSTOFF/ARMY PROPS

this would be a nice livery:

Icon22

very nice video! I am very impressed with this scenery as well, and thanks again for posting links for how to get that. The beaches look great! I did not see any Brazilian bikinis on the beach though

Quote Originally Posted by cortomalteseit View Post
    this would be a nice livery:

Wow! that would be a great paint!

Actually we had a hard time to select which liveries should be part of the base package... The 326 has been an extremely popular machine and some awesome liveries.

By the way, Alessandro provided me with a paintkit - I'll review it and share it as soon as possible.

Great news! Here's to hoping that someone will do an Impala Mk.II in the low viz scheme without the national markings/roundels!

Dumonceau

I have a "low vis" Impala II repaint more or less finished with the blue underside as they used after the bush war. Just need to put on the number

Best regards
    Jens-Ole
    Repainting since FS5..

Love that plane, fly's like an angel.
    Thanks for another wonderful aircraft!

Members who have read this thread: 4