River "waves" @ Clive, Daniel and anyone else with ideas!

Thread: River "waves" @ Clive, Daniel and anyone else with ideas!

Icon28 River "waves" @ Clive, Daniel and anyone else with ideas!

Looking at some of the pics here reminded me of one of my pet hates about CFS3 scenery: waves on the rivers! I know Clive and I have had discussions on this a couple of years ago and maybe also Daniel. I've lost track of what we tried to do about it, if anything. This is particularly relevant at night when the "waves" really show up when they shouldn't be there at all.

Cato said "Carthaginem esse delendam"
    I say "Carthago iam diu deleta,sed enim Bellum Alium adhuc aedificandum est"

Do you mean shorelines? The next version of Ankor's shaders will keep it from being too bright at night, or if you aren't using them, my new environment effects also fix this. Just don't try to use them together.

But otherwise it's all or nothing in terms of shorelines, they're either everywhere, or you delete them and they're nowhere.

I believe he's referring to the surface animation that looks like waves. Without remapping them as streams the rivers, estuaries, and oceans are all treated the same.
    US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

Oh, I see. This shouldn't be a factor at night, because with any of the newer work the water is dark. As for wave animation, Ankor and I were just discussing possibilities for having different water animations in different locations. So we may eventually see some improvement, but no guarantees of timeline as of yet.

Blog Entries
    If I was involved I don't remember that discussion James . There is a way around it I'm sure, Bob Park would be the man to ask, he still pops by very occasionally.
    CFS3 Battle of Britain Website: https://cfs3bob.wixsite.com/cfs3-bob
    CFS3 ACC Member & ETO Expansion Group

I mean the shorelines; the white breakers; the waves in a river proper are not a real problem at night with altitude. Clive, I remember some discussion on the Thames a few years back. I will have to check out if I still have a record. Daniel, will check out your ideas when get home.

Cato said "Carthaginem esse delendam"
    I say "Carthago iam diu deleta,sed enim Bellum Alium adhuc aedificandum est"

As for wave animation, Ankor and I were just discussing possibilities for having different water animations in different locations. So we may eventually see some improvement, but no guarantees of timeline as of yet.
    It is relatively simple to change my shaders to draw different waves on rivers. I just need to run a few tests and someone needs to prepare a map similar to cfs3h2o.dds but I'm currently busy with the (not initially planned) addition of better sun glare effects which take more effort that I expected.

As for shorelines - it seems more difficult. It might be possible to use the same map and make my shaders reduce or even remove the shoreline on rivers, but I'm not sure. Otherwise there is no built-in way to tell the large river and sea/ocean apart in CFS3 code.

WHOEVER SIR ANKOR IS , has and is bringing in the final touches on cfs3 , with and for it masters the launching pad of a sim" that soon will have no

end to its growth ....and scenes and effects , hobbit i know will work well with and be a great elf , in his workshop ...soon i will be sending him another computer to work with , and hoping this will add to his working tools and help and add to the masters workload

so thank you sir ankor , from canada

and from around the world for keeping the memeories and effects and life alive from the men and women and civilains, of WW2

ankcor clap of thanks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=barWV7RWkq0

Blog Entries
    I mean the shorelines; the white breakers;
    These are hard coded I think, although you can choose to have them displayed or not via the config.exe. Other than that it would be a case of modding the shoreline textures to provide a compromise twixt sea and rivers.

Some stuff we have to live with! ;0)

Blog Entries

Icon5 bdp zapper in bob

Hi Clive I just reinstalled BOB from ozs. Does it have a bdp zapper?

Thanks,
    Len
    CHEERS

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Tiger View Post
    Hi Clive I just reinstalled BOB from ozs. Does it have a bdp zapper?

Thanks,
    Len
    Hi Len, no it doesn't but you could use the one from ETO if you need it.

Clive :0)

Blog Entries

Icon14

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Pattle View Post
    Hi Len, no it doesn't but you could use the one from ETO if you need it.

Clive :0)
    Thanks Clive I usually delete em manually, all aircraft, objects, vehicles and weapons.

Len
    CHEERS

SOH-CM-2020
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Tiger View Post
    Thanks Clive I usually delete em manually, all aircraft, objects, vehicles and weapons.

Len
    OMG Old Tiger, there is an easier way!!

In some older package (maybe the early MAW?) there was a bat file set up to delete ALL bdps in the install whereas the bdp zapper exe only does some of them.

I can send you the file if you like, it will just need editing to point to your install as the pathway is built in to the script. I can send it as a .txt file, to get around virus checkers, it just needs to be renamed .bat

D

Live: Western Maryland. From: North Central West, By God, Virginia.
    Uh, guys?

AvH's Nuke CFS-3 bdp.zip: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...s.php?catid=90

Drop it into your install and run it from there, or send to desktop as shortcut.

Can't remember right now if you need to edit it. Maybe.

Tooth, Fang, & Claw

Another use for sheep: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2FX9rviEhw

SOH-CM-2020
    Quote Originally Posted by grizzly50 View Post
    Uh, guys?

AvH's Nuke CFS-3 bdp.zip: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...s.php?catid=90

Drop it into your install and run it from there, or send to desktop as shortcut.

Can't remember right now if you need to edit it. Maybe.
    Thanks for the reminder, Grizzly50 Good to see you emerging from under the load of 1.50.....

Members who have read this thread: 0