179 New AI ships released
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: 179 New AI ships released

179 New AI ships released

Hi
    I have today released 179 new AI Ships and AI Ship routes covering most of the world. The first site to carry the package is www.simviation.com - the package description is due to an upload problem missing so you get it here:

This package contains 179 AI ships and AI Ship Traffic for FSX and P3D covering almost all regions of the world. For full benefit of the files in this package you should install the previous packages in the project. New areas covered are Australia, New Zealand, Africa, India, Hawaii, the Black Sea, the South American West Coast, islands in the Indian and Pacific Oceans as well as Ireland, Scotland, Iceland, and the Faroe Islands - and more. Further, this package updates previous routes released for Brazil and adds trffic and diversity on shipping routes across Europe and Asia. New ship models include destroyers, frigates, cruise ships, oïl tankers, container ships, fishing vessels, coasters, river boats, and more. Ships visit among other places Sydney, Perth, Auckland, Wellington, Tahiti, Samoa, Fiji, Honolulu, Panama, Lima, Ushuaia, Buenos Aires, Rio de Janeiro, Salvador, Fortaleza, Belem, Manaus, Incheon, Ho Chi Minh, Manila, Bangkok, Koh Samui, Phuket, Singapore, Kuala Lumpur, Jakarta, Mumbai, Seychelles, Maldives, Mauritius, Dubai, Doha, Mogadishu, Durban, Cape Town, Lagos, Abidjan, Dakar, Las Palmas, Istanbul, Odessa, Burgas, Trabzon, St Petersburg, Helsinki, Stockholm, Kiel, Copenhagen, Stavanger, Liverpool, Glasgow, Reykjavik, and many more. Models and textures by Jean-Pierre Fillion, Knud Kristoffersen, Erwin Welker, Alberto Garcia, Antonio Diaz, Sebastien Viale, and Henrik Nielsen.

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cma0PVfrFac

Below a few screenshots:

A new model of the Arleigh Burke class Flight IIa type destroyer on patrol in the Hormuz together with a new repaint of Jagl04's OHP class the USS Halyburton.

Ship traffic in the Malacca Strait

Container ships near Hong Kong

An ore carrier near Durban

Very cool. Thank you. Although they are barely specs from altitude it is nice to have
    something down there when you get closer. Shows just how enormous the oceans are.
    Would be interesting if the AI labels we have for aircraft were also displayed for water traffic.

A million of thank you, your packages are in my opinion among the most enjoyable additions to our flight simulator : you bring the ocean to life, allowing missions and exploration of very accurate ships. I will install and tedt this new one asap !

Thanks Henrik, much appreciated!!
    Anneke

Thanks - Regards to labels - I am not sure but I think you can actually do that with the program Stenin AIround.

Below a few more screenshots from the coast of Somalia - for those who get down to surface level and might have heard about the hijacking of Maersk Alabama or seen the brilliant movie Captain Phillips with Tom Hanks - I have included it in a simplified version with coordinates according to the movie:

The 155 metre long Maersk Alabama

The pirates approaching...

USS Bainbridge comes to the rescue of Captain Phillips who is hostage in the lifeboat

You can stress the pirates and bring the lifeboat to stop with a helicopter...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 14122708574216112912827545.jpg   14122708572516112912827542.jpg   14122708573616112912827544.jpg   14122708573016112912827543.jpg  

Great,can´t get enough of your ship traffic!
    Thank you,Henrik for your hard work----much appreciated.
    Mike

Replaying Captain Philipps... Simply wonderful. And did you also made the MS Rosen, from the differeent but excellent movie "Kapringen", Hi-Jacking in english ? I think it is closer to your personal country, am I wrong ?

Thanks Mike - there should be a bit too look at now - if you have all the packages there are now 453 ships sailing...

Istanbul

Buenos Aires

Off the coast of Somalia

Evening in Salvador de Bahia, Brazil
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 14122802290716112912828743.jpg   15010104174316112912838413.jpg   15010104175016112912838415.jpg   14122812462616112912828581.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by wapanomi View Post
    Replaying Captain Philipps... Simply wonderful. And did you also made the MS Rosen, from the differeent but excellent movie "Kapringen", Hi-Jacking in english ? I think it is closer to your personal country, am I wrong ?
    Yes, it is Danish - I actually watched it two days ago, when it was broadcasted on Danish television - the small coaster above is not too far from the one used in the movie, but I did not have any plans for the one in the movie. The coaster I use is a repaint of a Dutch coaster which I have put in the locations which are likely to appear in the "Kapringen" - near Eyl and Ras Hafun which are both pirate strongholds.

Your packages are fantastic and will be installing this one asap. Looking at Google maps it seems to indicate ferry traffic in the Greek Islands? Is that something you might consider?

Quote Originally Posted by Snurdley View Post
    Your packages are fantastic and will be installing this one asap. Looking at Google maps it seems to indicate ferry traffic in the Greek Islands? Is that something you might consider?
    Hi
    I have put cruise ships, yachts, and other types of ships in the Aegean Sea, but no local ferries - it is too time consuming to do ferries which are then only relevant to one route compared to a container ship you can put all over.
    Best regards
    Henrik

Quote Originally Posted by kl791 View Post
    Hi
    I have put cruise ships, yachts, and other types of ships in the Aegean Sea, but no local ferries - it is too time consuming to do ferries which are then only relevant to one route compared to a container ship you can put all over.
    Best regards
    Henrik
    Gotcha. Thanks for all the work on these Henrik, much appreciated.

Cheers Henrik

I'm on a fresh install of FSX and this release is the impetus I need to get my ships back

ATB
    DaveB

The package is now also available on www.flightsim.com

Thank you very much for this wonderful add-on, Henrik!

Brian

Henrik..

I've just loaded them all up from scratch on the fresh install. 63 ships first then 75 plus the patch. Had a quick look and the Straights of Gibraltar was alive once more. Added 130 ships (the patch too) followed by the latest release (179).. went back to Gib (same time) and saw one container ship transiting north up the Spanish west coast.. the straights were empty Would the new routes have made this happen or have I lost the plot somewhere along the way??

ATB
    DaveB

Quote Originally Posted by DaveB View Post
    Henrik..

I've just loaded them all up from scratch on the fresh install. 63 ships first then 75 plus the patch. Had a quick look and the Straights of Gibraltar was alive once more. Added 130 ships (the patch too) followed by the latest release (179).. went back to Gib (same time) and saw one container ship transiting north up the Spanish west coast.. the straights were empty Would the new routes have made this happen or have I lost the plot somewhere along the way??

ATB
    DaveB
    Hi
    That sounds strange - you should have more traffic - did you along the way install the AI Ship Traffic for North West Europe?
    Best regards
    Henrik

Hi Henrik

Oh yes.. I forgot about that. All the ships and associated fx are in place so somewhere.. I must have cocked up with the traffic files. I'll bin the lot and drop fresh copies into Scenery\World\Scenery.. working through each release in a more methodical manner

ATB
    DaveB

Keen to try this excellent looking addition - my first go in 2013 killed all my AI traffic which suggests an unconverted FS9 TrafficFile somewhere in the mix.

I now find keeping clear about all the prerequisite files/packages - with corresponding patches - difficult to follow. Could you list out the complete or "ultimate" install sequence please? Are any of your previous packages optional? I expect you can for example install all the AI models and then use traffic files in the areas you like to fly for example and leave out others.

thanks!
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Quote Originally Posted by expat View Post
    Keen to try this excellent looking addition - my first go in 2013 killed all my AI traffic which suggests an unconverted FS9 TrafficFile somewhere in the mix.

I now find keeping clear about all the prerequisite files/packages - with corresponding patches - difficult to follow. Could you list out the complete or "ultimate" install sequence please? Are any of your previous packages optional? I expect you can for example install all the AI models and then use traffic files in the areas you like to fly for example and leave out others.

thanks!
    You are right - the project consists of many download files - sorry for that but it is a result of the long development project - for installation you need to follow a particular order as some files updates older files that goes for ships and traffic files. When I started the project I only had 63 ships, so the diversity on the routes was limited. The newer routes takes benefit of all the ships so with the new traffic.bgl installed you can see more than 40 different ships on one route - and a place like Rio de Janeiro will have a different traffic coming in every single day during a 14 day period with more than 250 models activated in that area
    The following packages exists - the ones marked by *** are obligatory if you want all ships - and you should install in the order of appearance here:

63 AI Ships and AI Ship Traffic for South America and Europe V1 (Download #175622) ***
    Patch for 63 AI Ships and AI Ship Traffic for South America and Europe V1 (Download #175703)
    AI Ships and AI Ship Traffic US West Coast (Download #176133)
    Caribbean AI Ship Traffic for 63 AI Ships (Download #175702)
    75 AI Ships and AI Ship Traffic - Mediterranean Sea and Asia (Download #178959) ***
    Patch for 75 AI Ships and AI Ship Traffic (Download #179076)***
    AI Ship Traffic for North West Europe (Download #178960)
    AI Ship Traffic for US East Coast V1 (Download #179258)
    P3D replacement effects for AI ships and AI Ship Traffic (Download #179348)
    130 AI Ships and AI Ship Traffic (Download #182953) ***
    AI Ship Traffic Mexican Gulf and Caribbean Sea (Download #183304)
    130 AI Ships and AI Ship Traffic - Patch/Fix (Download #184092) ***
    179 AI Ships and AI Ship Traffic (Download #188085) ***

You can choose to install just part of the traffic bgl - order them alphabetically and it should be relatively clear which ones you need for a particular area - they will follow a naming pattern: traffic_ships_region_number.bgl - note that the North West Europe is denominated EU while the Mediterranean is Med so Italy is not part of EU in this system

Perfect - thanks Henrik!
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

All I can say is !!!!

Jim

Hi kl791 and Thank You for Your hard work (and all Team).

Just a question about alternative installations. Most of the time I fly over the ground, so I dont need to have this traffic always "active".
    I created in AddonScenery new forlder dedicated for AI ships on/off for me. Here I put Whole Your Scenery from every ZIP file (like from the manual) but here is a problem. Which folder must be active? In This forlder I have 2 folders named Scenery now:

examples

1/ Prepar3D v2\Addon Scenery\AI Ship Traffic P3D\Scenery
    2/ Prepar3D v2\Addon Scenery\AI Ship Traffic P3D\Scenery\World\Scenery

In the first and second I see bgl files with traffic.
    For example
    In the First:
    traffic_Ships_BR_Angra_Ilha_Bella_20014... ect
    In the second:
    traffic_Ships_Africa_Abidjan_49173... ect
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Quote Originally Posted by YoYo View Post
    Hi kl791 and Thank You for Your hard work (and all Team).

Just a question about alternative installations. Most of the time I fly over the ground, so I dont need to have this traffic always "active".
    I created in AddonScenery new forlder dedicated for AI ships on/off for me. Here I put Whole Your Scenery from every ZIP file (like from the manual) but here is a problem. Which folder must be active? In This forlder I have 2 folders named Scenery now:

examples

2/ Prepar3D v2\Addon Scenery\AI Ship Traffic P3D\Scenery\World\Scenery

In the first and second I see bgl files with traffic.
    For example
    In the First:
    traffic_Ships_BR_Angra_Ilha_Bella_20014... ect
    In the second:
    traffic_Ships_Africa_Abidjan_49173... ect
    If you do not want the traffic always to be present you should go for the first and activate it when flying near or above the ocean.

The second does not make sense to use - The correct standard installation would be Prepared3Dv2\scenery\world\scenery - using that one ships will always be present.

But you could also to make regional folders e.g.:

1/ Prepar3D v2\Addon Scenery\AI Ship Traffic P3D Brazil\Scenery

and then just included the Brazilian traffic files in that one - that is the files starting with traffic_ships_BR_ In this case you can activate region by region. This makes sense to do for people who just fly in one area or two areas.

Ok, Thank You. I found it. In one zip (the first) You have Effect, Simobjects and Scenery folders > but it isnt folder for the main FSX path, just only for Scenery/World/Scenery (this).
    The rest is ok with right path. Thank You, installed.
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Members who have read this thread: 5