179 New AI ships released - Page 4
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: 179 New AI ships released

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 15020909574516112912948381.jpg   15041907530916112913186590.jpg   15032008530016112913089044.jpg   15050909315216112913251933.jpg   15051701250316112913275297.jpg  

The next update?
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

As a guy who spent 21+ years in the ocean freight industry working for various container shipping lines, I am so pleased to have this addon to FSX!!! Especially around major ports like Rotterdam and Hong Kong, etc where the world simply isnt "as real as it gets" without the maritime traffic.

Much appreciate the effort.

kind regards
    Eric

Quote Originally Posted by YoYo View Post
    The next update?
    Yes, including close to a hundred new ships based on some 50 new models by various authors... 7 days to go.

Quote Originally Posted by kl791 View Post
    After a long silence here on SOH it is time to a small update. Beta test is ongoing the new shipping package - if no major problems are found release of the new package will happen next week including a full update of the previous routes for the US and Canada and including this time also the Great Lakes.

Wow - "lakers"! Really? that IS fantastic......

Bill

As always.. stunning work Henrik

Incidentally.. I knocked this up a few days ago using your Liberty's..

Believe it or not.. the only thing that pulled my FR's down was the carrier in the middle of the convoy and the 4 warships around the outside. Sadly.. the FS maritime world needs more 'period' merchant ships but for now.. the Liberty Ships will do fine
    ATB
    DaveB

Blog Entries
    Great news Henrik!!!

Dave, I proposed some 50's / 60's era merchant and passenger ships to Henrik a good year or so ago, and he liked the idea then - so it may not be impossible ...

In the meanwhile - these are awesome.

dl

Quote Originally Posted by DaveB View Post
    As always.. stunning work Henrik

Incidentally.. I knocked this up a few days ago using your Liberty's..

Believe it or not.. the only thing that pulled my FR's down was the carrier in the middle of the convoy and the 4 warships around the outside. Sadly.. the FS maritime world needs more 'period' merchant ships but for now.. the Liberty Ships will do fine
    ATB
    DaveB

Yes indeed I've actually 'modified' (dare I use that word) the Liberty Ships slightly. They now wear 'Red Dusters' rather than the Stars'n'Stripes (all the ones in that convoy anyway) and I've lowered them in the water by 10ft to represent them being fully laden. I've kept the originals of course so I can mix'n'match I've been flying around the Med recently and was very pleased to see his ships around Malta and leaving Port Said. Can't wait for the additions to be released.
    ATB
    DaveB

Here's another shot a bit closer in. Now.. if only I could get AI taking off from the carrier (out of shot).. that would complete the picture

ATB
    DaveB

Here's another shot a bit closer in. Now.. if only I could get AI taking off from the carrier (out of shot).. that would complete the picture

ATB
    DaveB
    Fantastic shot and utilization of the Liberty model... Exactly the use I imagined when I started doing the model. You should soon have more for the variation as the modern pack has gone in Beta and I can return to the classic collection. First up a small 1937 steamer.
    Regards to your comments on FPS - all models are done with minimal draw call - one texture for the whole model. I think that is the major part of the trick. Of course the liberty ships are much simpler than an aircraft carrier, but compared to similar size models that I have seen and analyzed and which have been done in Sketchup they are much lighter. When analyzing one of the new ships for the upcoming package done by another author in Sketchup, we realized that vertices for that freighter was 6 times higher than my ships and drawcall 40 compared to 2... I model in good old GMAX and start from a texture - I think Sketchup modeling often tricks you to eg write letters directly in the model which is extremely costly on vertices instead of having the ship name on the texture sheet with no impact on frames.

Wow can't wait. The deadliest catch boats are in there too? Great work

Maybe a stupid question----but i cannot see any ship traffic around Ireland.
    I am pretty sure to have all packages installed----or not?
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by big-mike View Post
    Maybe a stupid question----but i cannot see any ship traffic around Ireland.
    Quote Originally Posted by big-mike View Post
    I am pretty sure to have all packages installed----or not?
    Mike
    Not that stupid a question... There are only routes in the Irish Sea - I never did routes for the Irish West Coast - It might still be possible for the upcoming package as I will not upload until next week.

Thank you Henrik.
    Mike

Isn't it silly, you get such a thrill when you see a ship a sailing that you just have to buzz them. Thanks for this add-on. Why is it that some of the best ones are the freebies.
    Intel i5-10600K 4.10 GHz 12 Core CPU
    Asus ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming LGA1200 Z590-E Motherboard
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory
    Water Cooler - CORSAIR iCUE H100i RGB PRO XT
    Corsair 850W PSU
    MSI RX580 Radeon Armor 8Gb
    Windows 10 Home Premium 64
    3 x 21" Acer LED screens

Quote Originally Posted by Naismith View Post
    Isn't it silly, you get such a thrill when you see a ship a sailing that you just have to buzz them. Thanks for this add-on. Why is it that some of the best ones are the freebies.
    Amen to that

Glad you like the convoy too Henrik
    ATB
    DaveB

The new package 80 AI Ships and AI Ship Traffic is now available on www.simviation.com The package updates the previously released routes around North America, adds routes across the Great Lakes, adds traffic for Alaska and Greenland, and adds additional routes across the rest of the globe. The package contains several navy ships from Denmark, Norway, and Brazil and a lot more... Below some screenshots...

P&O Oriane near Vancouver Island

Alexander von Humboldt by Erwin Welker

Vega Taurus, a 190 m bulk carrier

A Brazilian patrol boat leaves Rio de Janeiro
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 15062707202416112913403344.jpg   15062705565716112913403181.jpg   15062707202716112913403345.jpg   15062705565916112913403182.jpg  

Cheers Henrik

ATB
    DaveB

Cheers Henrik

ATB
    DaveB
    Hi Dave,

Next up will be the classic ships... The first one in the shipyard is a 1937 freighter which would fit perfectly in your convoy

Henrik

Excellent

Just had a look at one of the new ships I saw included in 80Ships.. Milton's AI Bounty. I've got her ICW a minehunter (which may be released at some point) and noticed Bounty is flying 3 Ensigns!!

The rest of her looks just fine. Will have to nip to North America soon to see what the new routes look like.
    EDIT: Note added to Milton in the Bounty thread.
    ATB
    DaveB

Excellent

Just had a look at one of the new ships I saw included in 80Ships.. Milton's AI Bounty. I've got her ICW a minehunter (which may be released at some point) and noticed Bounty is flying 3 Ensigns!!

The rest of her looks just fine. Will have to nip to North America soon to see what the new routes look like.
    EDIT: Note added to Milton in the Bounty thread.
    ATB
    DaveB
    Good that I have a solid tradition for making patches.... And it might not be Milton who put the three ensigns there... It can be from the compilation I did of the model to make the wake sit better in the water when the Bounty is used as AI ship in P3D - it might have messed up an animation, and I did not go close enough to see it when I did the test. Actually I think you can notice it also on the screen below, which is from the test, but you have to look for it - I just looked at the waterline...

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 15062705570716112913403188.jpg  

Ah yes.. it's just visible!!

The wake moves around a bit 1st person in FSX too.. I remember commenting to Milton about it at the time. Wake at the stern was always where it should be but running down the side.. it was often a lot higher.

Anyway.. I'd sooner have an AI Bounty with 3 ensigns than no AI Bounty at all

ATB
    DaveB

Henrik, there are actually 4 flags in the Bounty, each one has a wind speed range for its display. For some reason, all 4 seem to be showing.

Ahhh, I know, you may not have model xml that must be compiled in.

Why not just remove all but 1 set.

Or, you can include the following in your model xml code:

Well, it is not pasting well. I will send to you via Email.

Milton

EDIT: Email sent
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

Members who have read this thread: 5