NAS Miramar- Mile High Simulations - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NAS Miramar- Mile High Simulations

Quote Originally Posted by gray eagle View Post
    I'd like to see if the FLOLS trailer function. I think some one mentioned that they might could get it to work
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...worth-it/page2

see #38 about that.
    Until it does work you might try Scene RFN v3.4 the from Royal French Navy at http://royalefrenchnavy.perso.sfr.fr/RFN-Creations.htm.
    It contains parts specifically for Miramar 24L. There are options to use it with and without their TACAN gauge.

Quote Originally Posted by fsafranek View Post
    Until it does work you might try Scene RFN v3.4 the from Royal French Navy at http://royalefrenchnavy.perso.sfr.fr/RFN-Creations.htm.
    It contains parts specifically for Miramar 24L. There are options to use it with and without their TACAN gauge.
    Thanks, I'll give it a go.

Icon5

My apologies for bumping up this old thread. I am wondering if any of you had luck getting replies from tech support dept of Mile High Simulations?

I bought from Mile High Simulations the KNQX Key West Naval Station scenery. The installation and scenery work well BUT there is tiny problem of few FSX default hangers overlapping the scenery buildings. I sent them email few days ago asking them to fix this problem. Have not heard back so far.

Here are screenshots as seen below:

Because this scenery looks terrific, I cannot wait to use it but would need Mile High Simulations to remove those wrong buildings from the scenery.

Tropical Sims famous for excellent Caribbean airport scenries had similar problem with one of their cool scenries that I bought and they immediately fixed the problem few hours after I sent them email requesting for removal of wrong FSX default buildings. Their fix file worked charm and they immediately responded to my emails.

I hope Mile High Simulations would read this post and help me with this problem.

Regards,

Aharon

Aharon,
    That is the stock KNQX bgl showing those hangers. Go into FSX folder (Scenery\0302\scenery) and look for this file APX26230.bgl.
    Then move it to a backup folder within the same folder and that should make those hangers disappear.
    Another way would be to open the MHS KNQX bgl in either ADE or the payware ADEX and create an exclude for the stock buildings.

Joe
    I7 6700K @ 4.8 / Gigabyte Z170X UD3 / 16GB G.Skill TridentZ 3200mhz / EVGA GTX 1070 Ti FTW Ultra 8GB / EVGA SuperNova 750 G2
    Samsung 960 Evo NVMe M.2 250gb Boot Drive / 960 Evo 1 TB SSD - Game Drive / WD Blue 500GB SSD - Sim Drive / WD Black 1TB HD
    Fractal Design Celsius S36 AIO Cooler / Fractal Design Define R6 / LG
    32GK850G-B 32" 1440P 144Hz G-Sync Monitor

Joe,

Thanks for tips BUT BUT I am afraid that if I follow your useful suggestions, I would invalid warranty or guarantee of the Key West Naval Station and Mile High Simulations will refuse to provide technical support to me.

Regards,

Aharon

This shouldn't be happening should it. If you've checked all the install instructions and readme files.. my advice would be to go to the vendor you bought it off and ask for your money back. The scenery is not fit for purpose.

ATB
    DaveB

Aharon,

Doing what I wrote first will not void any warranty being that all you have to do is move a FSX stock file or edit it.
    If you do this you will fix your problem with the Hangers and not have to wait on the developer to do it for you.
    I am only trying to help you as you asked for it.

Joe
    I7 6700K @ 4.8 / Gigabyte Z170X UD3 / 16GB G.Skill TridentZ 3200mhz / EVGA GTX 1070 Ti FTW Ultra 8GB / EVGA SuperNova 750 G2
    Samsung 960 Evo NVMe M.2 250gb Boot Drive / 960 Evo 1 TB SSD - Game Drive / WD Blue 500GB SSD - Sim Drive / WD Black 1TB HD

Okay Thanks Joe I will try luck with this programming stunt in hope it will work and will not screw anything up!

Regards,

Aharon

Quote Originally Posted by Butcherbird17 View Post
    That is the stock KNQX bgl showing those hangers. Go into FSX folder (Scenery\0302\scenery) and look for this file APX26230.bgl.Then move it to a backup folder within the same folder and that should make those hangers disappear.
    Joe,

Right now, I decided to be brave and try your trick. Unfortunately, it did not work and the FSX default buildings are still there superimposing over the payware scenery's buildings as seen on enclosed screenshots in previous post.

Regards,

Aharon

Icon5

Anybody can help me on this please?

Thanks,

Aharon

Have you got your scenery complexity slider at max, maybe reducing it will help.

look in settings-display-scenery.

cheers ian

Aharon,
    If it's not the stock knqx, do you have another scenery for this area installed? I would do a search of the root FSX folder for KNQX,
    and see if any duplicates come up in the search.

Joe

Quote Originally Posted by Butcherbird17 View Post
    If it's not the stock knqx, do you have another scenery for this area installed? I would do a search of the root FSX folder for KNQX,and see if any duplicates come up in the search.
    No other scenery. Just six FSX default buildings superimposing on payware Mile High Sim KNQX scenery. This kind of situation is common for other software companies' sceneries and they immediately sent files to fix the problem. For example, Tropical Sim fixed it IMMEDIATELY via repair file in two hours after my request to remove 2 FSX default buildings from payware MBPV scenery.

Unfortunately, Mile High Sim is totally impossible to reach and communicate. Even the reseller websites cannot reach that vendor!!! I know that Mile High Sim is capable of fixing that problem. I can ask other software companies to do me favor fixing that but it is NOT their problem.

Ian,

I do not think it has to do with scenery complexity slider but I tested it and it produced no results.

Regards,

Aharon

Quote Originally Posted by Aharon View Post
    Anybody can help me on this please?

Thanks,
    Aharon
    It would appear that at this point you're on your own Aharon. Obviously the Developer isn't interested enough to assist and so worrying if something you do will void any warranty/guarantee is a mute point. One of the previous suggestions "should" eliminate the default buildings if done correctly (use ADE or SceneryBuilderX to apply exclude boxes). The good thing about exclude boxes is that if it works you're off and running. If they screw something up, delete them and everything goes back to where it was. No harm, no foul. If you don't have SceneryBuilderX, don't try it....learning curve for someone who has never used it will take longer than it's worth. ADE however is fairly easy and will produce exclude boxes to knock out the buildings.

What position does your scenery hold in the Scenery Library? If it's not at the top, try moving it there to see if that alleviates the problem....just a thought.

Smile

Many many many thanks to the SOH forum member by the name of Dimus who sent me his specially custom made repair file to remove all eight FSX default buildings from gorgeous Mile High Sim KNQX Key West Naval station.

Now my payware scenery is working well.

Once again, many thanks to Dimus for his kindness and extremely valuable help to solve the problem.

Regards with great gratitude,

Aharon

As said to Aharon, I just made a few exclude boxes in SBX on the location of the hangars as seen in his screenshot and sent a small bgl to him. I do not even have the scenery. It was really Ed's idea that just took 5 minutes. I just wonder how something like this could show up in a payware scenery so it could be that Aharon's install may not have been done correctly. Anyway, I am glad it is working now.

Members who have read this thread: 1