Problesm starting CFS3 MOS File Editor

Thread: Problesm starting CFS3 MOS File Editor

Problesm starting CFS3 MOS File Editor

I could use some technical assistance with the following problem.

I have the CFS3 Aircraft & Vehicle SDK, Terrain SDK, and Mission Builder SDK installed. I also have the Managed Direct X Redistributable from the SOH library installed, but this may or may not be an issue because I have been getting the following popup message every time I try to run the CFS3 MOS File Editor:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...49/Capture.JPG

I have had PM dialogues with a couple of SOH members (Pat Pattie and Hairyspin) regarding this and the general comment was:

"To make sure you have installed the June 2010 DirectX 9.0c package which does not replace DirectX 11 on your machine but sits alongside it. Once that's installed you may need to reinstall Managed Direct X."

I removed the DX9.0C and then downloaded the version recommended from the SOH Library and loaded that; rebooted; and tried the MOS editor to no avail!

I am reaching out to anyone here who has had the same problem and has found a resolution. If I can't get the MOS editor to work I would appreciate any knowledge of another tool that will do the same thing.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Capture.JPG  

SOH-CM-2020
    Erm, I haven't read this closely, so forgive me if I've missed it, but do you have .Net Framework installed? One has to be installed first, I think the Framework, then Managed DX afterward.

HTH,
    D

Windows 7, which he's using, has .NET framework included. Install the June 2010 DirectX 9.0c, then Managed DirectX. Reboot and .MOS editor should work.
    Tom
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________________
    Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding. Proverbs 4:7

I never have been able to get it working on my particular Win 7 machine, even with everything else properly installed. It's just one more MS Mystery.
    US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

Quote Originally Posted by hairyspin View Post
    Windows 7, which he's using, has .NET framework included. Install the June 2010 DirectX 9.0c, then Managed DirectX. Reboot and .MOS editor should work.
    Did just that to no avail!

Quote Originally Posted by MajorMagee View Post
    I never have been able to get it working on my particular Win 7 machine, even with everything else properly installed. It's just one more MS Mystery.
    So what do you use as a MOS editor substitute?

I had a similar problem earlier this year til I downloaded mxredist from Nigel's link on this page http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...hlight=sdsbolt

may be the same one you are using since it looks like you d/led from this site.

good luck

Icon23 Problem starting CFS3 MOS File Editor

Quote Originally Posted by sdsbolt View Post
    I had a similar problem earlier this year til I downloaded mxredist from Nigel's link on this page http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...hlight=sdsbolt

may be the same one you are using since it looks like you d/led from this site.

good luck
    I followed the link and downloaded again and it worked!

Thanks mate!!! That did the trick! I followed the info in the following thread and it worked! YOU MADE MY DAY!

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?86219-MOS&p=874606&viewfull=1#post874606

Best Regards;

That's good to hear!
    Tom
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________________
    Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding. Proverbs 4:7

Quote Originally Posted by hairyspin View Post
    That's good to hear!
    You have no Idea how good!! I feel like Snoopy doing his dance! Yes! Yes! Yes!

Thanks to all for persevering with me.

BTW, are the Microsoft CFS3 SDKs archived anywhere? I can't seem to find my originals anymore, and MS no longer has them posted anywhere.
    US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

Live: Western Maryland. From: North Central West, By God, Virginia.
    BTW, are the Microsoft CFS3 SDKs archived anywhere? I can't seem to find my originals anymore, and MS no longer has them posted anywhere.
    Here: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...s.php?catid=13

Tooth, Fang, & Claw

Another use for sheep: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2FX9rviEhw

BTW, are the Microsoft CFS3 SDKs archived anywhere?...
    Cough cough. Sticky threads above: helpful information etc.
    Tom

I had looked in all the different categories (for example "Utilities"), but hadn't noticed that there were also individual files there too, because I hadn't seen that you could scroll down below the category list.
    US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

Quote Originally Posted by RJW View Post
    You have no Idea how good!! I feel like Snoopy doing his dance! Yes! Yes! Yes!
    DITTO!!!

After many years of not getting this to work, I took another stab at it with the info in this thread and . . . .BINGO!!! I have an MOS Editor!!!

Thanks all!

Members who have read this thread: 2