C-97 - Page 3
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: C-97

Nice! I haven't been in the C-117 in too long (too busy with the C-47), but those sounds could be enough to get me back in. Hope you'll consider releasing them when you're past the experimental stage.

BTW, the tanker is a handsome devil in close-up...
    "Ah, Paula, they are firing at me..."

-- Saint-Exupery

Pilots and cockpit objects added

At long last we got us some pilots to fly this thing! One of them is saying, Are we there yet? And the other one says, not until we do the paintkit. And some window panes...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Screen2015-02-03a.jpg  

This will give you an idea the different sound produce at different angles/positions of the aircraft. In the front view you get more thrashing of the props, and more drone at the rear. On flybys you can hear the difference of the multiple sound effects used. Very cool with a home-theater setup! The power is set at cruise 2200 rpms at 40".

"Time is God's way of keeping everything from happening at once"

Oh Lord....please let this beauty run under P3D!!!

CK
    Flying Canada's "Left Coast"

So far the testing has covered FSXSP2, FSXA, FSXSE, P3DV1, and P3DV2.4. P3DV2.5 will be checked soon.

--Dan
    Never trust a clean Crew Chief.

Excellent news. My move to P3D went fairly easily other than the lack of oil drippin' smokin' old radials.
    The DC-3 sure helped with that and now the C-97. If I could only talk a developer into building a Boeing B314
    all would be perfect in my FS world.

CK

Here's the Tanker in P3Dv2.5 with FTX Global enabled. The Tanker feels heavy but in a good way.

"Time is God's way of keeping everything from happening at once"

Ok....ok....enough teasing....when will this puppy be ready for we peons?

CK

Quote Originally Posted by CanadaKen View Post

CK
    This x 1000.

Nowadays payware developers are putting out unfinished / beta product that people PAY for then update as they go along. (not sure I like this, though I own some of it.). Time for this great work to see the light of day!!! I like Dino Cattaneo's way of putting out a late beta then finalizing based on wider feedback.

Eric

Quote Originally Posted by CanadaKen View Post

CK
    I agree - enough teasing !! However I've also learned that patients can be very gradifying !! I for one have to wait longer on this particular project - my brother flew the C-97 for a 'guard' unit so I'm actually looking forward to the cargo version more than the tanker one...

One thing I used to tell my boss all the time (which would piss him off - lol) that would certainly apply to a lot of the great developers in this hobby is:

"YOU CAN'T RUSH PERFECTION" !!!

Bill

Any updates folks? I have too many ANG units to put to work.....
    USAFVET
    12 year USAF veteran , Air Trans
    "Life is like herding cats through a fish market".

Nice avatar! Not many pics of HC-97's around, are there ...

Thanks for bumping this thread. We are revamping selected sections of Greg Pepper's VC and that takes a bit of time, even if we leave 70 percent or so non-functional for the WIP release. This is what it looks like now.

Blog Entries
    NICE! Yes, the cockpit needed an update. WOW!
    Ted
    Vivat Christus Rex! Ad maiorem Dei gloriam

Thanks MJ, could we possibly see some EC/HC's also? If so great, if not, perhaps a paint from some of the other talented folks here. Cockpit is looking super.
    Cannot wait, I have Peppers KC-97 fleet in use (E,G,L) but alas they are long in tooth. Keep it up, many great skins for so many great units out there.
    USAFVET

Yes, I'm interested in the EC- and HC- variants as well, and they should be an easy mod. We had the KC's in Frankfurt and the EC's in Wiesbaden and Berlin. Never seen any HC's, though some were stationed in Scotland I understand.

HC's were in Japan/Okinawa/Scotland (usually based near water). I also forgot the RC's
    USAFVET

Possible Beta release KC-97G dressed up as 53-136. Note staining, coated areas etc. but no custom alpha reflection, shine or bumps yet.

Wow, that's a very-very nice plane! Can't wait for that thing to come out!

SimWorks Studios

Alex Vletsas

3D Modeler & Animator
    http://www.simworksstudios.com
    http://www.facebook.com/SimWorksStudios

Ok, time to prod the post again.....any news on release?
    USAFVET

Coming along, coming along, albeit slowly. Hoping to get the Beta release done sometime after Easter. Here she is with a bit of reflection, spec shine and just a pinch of bumps. (Interesting observation on bumps: had to invert mirrored surfaces in order to keep innies as innies and outies as outies ... if you know what I mean...)

It is one hell off an interesting aircraft, the types It did refuel , course playing around with A2As Strat puts this, it into a WOW category with the energy and effort gone into this one so far, one amazing aircraft in its own right , going thru the records we only had the C-97 cargo come into New Zealand, obviously I missed them, the only types close to this type I did put my peepers onto was the C-124 and the Connies and RD4s - whoops the LC-47s but the C-97 always seemed to miss out on them.

Man oh man....between the C-97 and waiting for the DC-3/C-47 vintage panel I'm like a kid before Christmas!!!

CK

I would like to add that I have many payware aircraft that are NOT as good looking as Mjahn's DC-3 and this C-97!!!

The FS community never fails to amaze me!!! Thank You!!!

CK

whut in the heck is a "Bump"?...not the bump of the thread..but a bump that was mention up about about the fuselage...

Quote Originally Posted by TuFun View Post
    Here's the Tanker in P3Dv2.5 with FTX Global enabled. The Tanker feels heavy but in a good way.

well i for one am highly disappointed!!!!!!!!!! im also i wanna and this fits me as well......the truth?...i saw all the banter about a "tanker" ,my first and very incorrect thought was......OH GOODY, A TANKER!!!.....which i thought was going to be the fire fighting Air Tanker.......

Members who have read this thread: 3