C-97 - Page 6
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: C-97

Ah I wasn't clicking on ALT etc on the left hand side! But still no joy with the altitude and radar altitude.They just read zero.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuor2112 View Post
    Ah I wasn't clicking on ALT etc on the left hand side! But still no joy with the altitude and radar altitude.They just read zero.
    Same here... No altitude reading.
    -- WH

If at first you don't succeed, try, try,try again. ... or go read the manual.

I'm sure someone will jump in here but in the meantime.. I'm not quite sure what problem you're seeing with the radar altitude. Are you saying that it reads zero all the time? I know I've seen this working each time I've taken off. Can't remember what it's 'terminal' or cut-off altitude is but it certainly wound up as I was in the climb. With altitude 'in flight'.. you can either select one of the pre-determined altitudes.. 5K, 10K e t c or dial-in a given altitude on the RH side of the gauge with your mouse. You then hit ALT on the LH side and it will climb to that altitude.

Off for another look

EDIT: Zsolt.. have you been up all night painting!!
    ATB
    DaveB

Freeware Event Loggin Gauge is my problem

Update: by process of elimination I have discovered that the "fsx_event_logger.gau" is what got screwed up. If someone knows how to rectify my issue with it (in the "fsx.cfg" file entry?) please speak up. I merely removed mine to get the C-97 operable, but I'm sure this missing gauge now precludes a bunch of functionality. Bill

Autopilot all good now but altitude gauge and radar altitude gauge read zero all the time.

I see what you mean now.. the Altimeter itself remains at zero. Yup.. mine does too. The pressure control isn't active yet either. I'm sure they guys know about this.. it IS a beta after all My radio alt works fine all the way up to it's 800ft limit so I'm not sure why you're not seeing that. Some of the controls on the shift+4 overhead aren't working yet but again.. as this is still in beta, I expect them to be functional in future updates.

You can still see exactly what altitude you're at in the far LH overhead so all is not lost. If the radalt becomes active while you're flying.. you'd better be landing!!

ATB
    DaveB

wow, it's a big bird!

she handles as she looks, like a whale!

funny, I never bought the A2A whale, because I thought it looked so ugly, but now I find myself liking this one...weird..
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

You watch that paint doesn't run!!

No.. I was never really tempted by the A2A model either though I've had Greg Peppers model on my HD for years. I didn't like the idea of blowing an engine up if I didn't do things correctly!! I like stuff like this.. jump in and have fun without a fortnight at ground school. Nothing against those who enjoy that sort of thing but it's not for me

BTW.. I've already seen someone enquiring about an Israeli Air Force paint over at CBFS!!

ATB
    DaveB

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails o-matic.jpg  
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=81650&dateline=141228  2824

Fantastic!!! Ready to test!!!

Nice repaint Jan!!!

Zsolt, where we can download your repaints?

One of the top award shows! Awesome!

"Time is God's way of keeping everything from happening at once"

Thank you!

Paints soon here!
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=81650&dateline=141228  2824

Looks beautiful, sounds beautiful and flies beautiful too
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

Blog Entries
    I love this plane almost as much as the A2A 377. Incredible sound TuFun!
    Ted
    Vivat Christus Rex! Ad maiorem Dei gloriam

I do like Zsolt attack with his paint brush ... almost like he was stirring the paint before the C-97 dried

Quote Originally Posted by jankees View Post
    funny, I never bought the A2A whale, because I thought it looked so ugly, but now I find myself liking this one...weird..
    JK You would love the A2A then , but this one I want to try some off the exotic inflight refueling , would make for some Oresome screens !

dvj, that is a nice shot! What scenery is that?

On that topic, I'm looking for some decent scenery that would fit with the era the KC-97 would of been used in. Anyone have any ideas?
    Jim Stewart

I noticed there's no bump map for no.3 texture (vertical stab, engines, pylons and fuel tanks)? I realize this is a beta, so is there a bump.coming or should I make one? will it even work if I do?
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO
    Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

She's a beast, all right - but a beast with personality, which is all I ask for in a beast.

Just had time for a brief circuit at KADW in P3D 2.5. She handles nicely and the sounds are terrific. I did notice she's very hard to get rolling from a full stop. Reducing the fuel load seemed to help and maybe the taxi friction is what goes normally with a full load. However, I've had the same issue in P3D with a few other aircraft, notably the A2A B-17, so I mention it here for what it's worth. I have Accu-Feel running so I need to test with that turned off as well. More work to do but I'd be interested to know if others have seen the same behavior.

My testing time is limited over the next few days but I'll report back as best I can.

Bottom line: really a pleasure, looking forward to updates and to my eventual freighter....
    "Ah, Paula, they are firing at me..."

-- Saint-Exupery

Quote Originally Posted by zsoltquack View Post
    engine smoke and then will be?
    Started coding the engine smoke today. Had to study up on xml coding. Each radial will have its own smoke control by throttle.

"Time is God's way of keeping everything from happening at once"

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyRFR View Post
    dvj, that is a nice shot! What scenery is that?

On that topic, I'm looking for some decent scenery that would fit with the era the KC-97 would of been used in. Anyone have any ideas?
    "Secret" Death Valley base. I think I found it on Flightsim.com or Avsim last year. Great for flying to and from Edwards for test flights. You also get a special ops training base for helos or STOL.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan_A View Post
    She's a beast, all right - but a beast with personality, which is all I ask for in a beast.

Just had time for a brief circuit at KADW in P3D 2.5. She handles nicely and the sounds are terrific. I did notice she's very hard to get rolling from a full stop. Reducing the fuel load seemed to help and maybe the taxi friction is what goes normally with a full load. However, I've had the same issue in P3D with a few other aircraft, notably the A2A B-17, so I mention it here for what it's worth. I have Accu-Feel running so I need to test with that turned off as well. More work to do but I'd be interested to know if others have seen the same behavior.

My testing time is limited over the next few days but I'll report back as best I can.

Bottom line: really a pleasure, looking forward to updates and to my eventual freighter....
    FSX/DX10 no rolling start problem I can see. Feels heavy, which is what we would expect.

Quote Originally Posted by TuFun View Post
    Started coding the engine smoke today. Had to study up on xml coding. Each radial will have its own smoke control by throttle.

Members who have read this thread: 3