B-58 Hustler AI oddity

Thread: B-58 Hustler AI oddity

B-58 Hustler AI oddity

When I convert my Glowingheat FSX flyable a/c to AI OR use the old AS FS9 B-58 AI model (much lower poly count), in either case the parked planes bounce and writhe all over the place (need to do a video to the tune of "Do the Hustle" . .).

Now I know I can get an FSX B-58 AI plane - and others - if I buy the add on scenery BUT as a matter of intellectual curiosity, what is causing this? I have converted hundreds of FS9 planes - and lots of flyable FSX models - to AI have never had this problem.

Swapped out the FDE and air.cfg (save for contact points and lights) for another working AI a/c but no improvement. Have read elsewhere that commenting out the MOI entries might help - it didn't here - or lowering mesh complexity, which I have yet to try but that is for where all your AI are doing the dance, not just one model.

Perplexed ..
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Quote Originally Posted by expat View Post
    When I convert my Glowingheat FSX flyable a/c to AI OR use the old AS FS9 B-58 AI model (much lower poly count), in either case the parked planes bounce and writhe all over the place (need to do a video to the tune of "Do the Hustle" . .).

Now I know I can get an FSX B-58 AI plane - and others - if I buy the add on scenery BUT as a matter of intellectual curiosity, what is causing this? I have converted hundreds of FS9 planes - and lots of flyable FSX models - to AI have never had this problem.

Swapped out the FDE and air.cfg (save for contact points and lights) for another working AI a/c but no improvement. Have read elsewhere that commenting out the MOI entries might help - it didn't here - or lowering mesh complexity, which I have yet to try but that is for where all your AI are doing the dance, not just one model.

Perplexed ..
    Possibly contact points, try adjusting them so that they are a bit further below the aircraft.

Hope that might help.

David, thanks - will give that a try.
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Central reservation of the M62 in God's Own County.
    Yes as David says definitely contact points. We had to tweak them for the original FS9 AI for Bunker Hill FS9.
    MickeyD

SOLVED: (I think) by using the contact points from the Glowingheat FSX model. Funny, I had initially converted that model for AI (not ideal I know because of the polys) and, as an AI aircraft, it also wanted to bob, move and slide around.

I have a frankenstein air.cfg and fde borrowed from Rob Richardson's AI F-106, now using the same contact points from the GH FSX flyable model, and a short test showed very still parked a/c and one taxiing normally. Need to further test some TNG's.

Thanks guys. To all thinking about getting the GH Hustler - DO IT!! I can't stop looking at and flying it, it's a wonderful add-on.

Members who have read this thread: 0