[WTA] View Distance Far

Thread: [WTA] View Distance Far

[WTA] View Distance Far

Hello Guys,
    Does anyone know how to set the view distance at maximum? i've problem when zooming or viewing airplane at some distance those aircraft model is missing only some part visible, until you zoom it very close it's become normal
    is it has something do with view distance setting?
    Which part at configoverrides.xml that control the view distance?
    any help would be appreciate

Thank you

Woki
    Last edited by wiekniera; December 21st, 2014 at 03:46.

Most aircraft models include information related to what pieces are displayed at the various LOD (level of detail) settings.

Where each LOD kicks in is contained in the compositetexturebudgets and compositescenerybudgets xml files.
    US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorMagee View Post
    Most aircraft models include information related to what pieces are displayed at the various LOD (level of detail) settings.

Where each LOD kicks in is contained in the compositetexturebudgets and compositescenerybudgets xml files.
    Ahhhh thanks much much MajorMagee!!..never thought it was there, just place all LOD=250/300 in compositescenerybudgets and all just fine now !
    now i can see all those huge hobbit b-17 formation !

Damn!! ...i just try oldcrow settings and those missing back ! then i change to my previous setting but it's has no effect now ..

i don't know if this odd but after i change effects.xml 1.50 to effects.xml 1.40 it's working now !

Australia Mate! living the good life in Gods Country
    Hi Wiekniera,

I'm not sure about the settings not working in one effects file and working in another.

But I do know if you run ETO 1.5 using the effects from 1.40 then you will have issues. The 1.50 effects file is exactly the same as the 1.40 but with additional effects for weapons included.

regards Rob.
    No other success can compensate for failure in the home..

Quote Originally Posted by MajorMagee View Post

Does this control aircraft model LODs? I thought it only had to do with scenery and terrain detail.

@capt winters
    guess u're right..now it's happen again...LOL..guess it's not because effect.xml like you said, this's odd sometime it's normal and sometimes back
    im viewing as a bomber gunner and at some distance i can see all the formation then suddenly they dissapeared, when i zoom out or in sometimes i can see them sometimes not, it's also happen when im piloting as a fighter, sometimes when im encounter a bomber formation, they were dissapeared then they show up again even in close or middle distance and this's frustrating me...how can i shoot that "Ghost plane"
    this's really annoying annomaly, i've uncheck duall pass also but seems nothing work even using standard low,middle,high setting configoveriddes.xml
    also trying off the sweetfx/enb stil no luck
    any idea capt?

or maybe gecko do u have any idea what's goin on?
    Thanks

regards
    Woki

I think I understand what you're talking about. I have heard of this "ghost plane" bug occasionally, but not very often and it has been a while since I've heard of anyone having it. I suspect it may have to do with your hardware and/or running a mission that has more aircraft than your system can handle (this can be a factor even if you have high frame rates). Does it only happen when flying around large numbers of aircraft?

Are you running any version of Ankor's shaders? It is possible that this could be a new as of yet unreported bug. Does it still happen when running everything else the same without Ankor's shaders?

yes im running hobbit mission, it's his custom mission with about 50-100 B-17 maybe, i didn't see problem with framerate but they often dissapeared at some view distance. all i can see sometimes just only 4 engines with propeler blade visible but not a Whole body
    or my guess is this might be because it's just an AI_B17_002 use in that mission ?? their LOD have limited distance than non AI model? i have no problem with other mission but will see this as i've haven't play lot mission
    right now im stil using old ankor self shadow and old shader.xml

SOH-CM-2021
    Blog Entries
    There are over 100 b-17's in those missions
    try the files i sent via e-mail.
    for the assets folder..

Thanks hobbit !! but i fixed it already because my curiousity that i replace the AI plane with non AI and works perfectly without droping too much framerate and also im editing your mission into B-17 mission as i wanna see close enough with that lot formation...it's beautiful hobbit but need little tweak
    i don't like when they turn back from last waypoint, they just like bee's swarm and it's creepy as hell that makes you put your head down when other group just passing close hopefully he didn't ram your plane but it's fun seeing big heavy formation and those big fortress almost hit your plane when they turning back
    btw what is meshbuilderbudgets file for? as it's too heavy for framerate that i see nothing change from my previous scenerybudget & texturebudget setup, can you describe what those setting for? as i've seen nothing change but heavy framerate drop

here's my last shot before im down and i really don't get it why those komet pick me as his meat among 100 planes!

Oh btw Hobbit here's some teaser for my upcoming texture replacement..can you spot the target hobbit?? i saw swimming pool !! XD

Now we just need lots of contrails...
    US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

SOH-CM-2021
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by wiekniera View Post
    Thanks hobbit !! but i fixed it already because my curiousity that i replace the AI plane with non AI and works perfectly without droping too much framerate and also im editing your mission into B-17 mission as i wanna see close enough with that lot formation...it's beautiful hobbit but need little tweak
    i don't like when they turn back from last waypoint, they just like bee's swarm and it's creepy as hell that makes you put your head down when other group just passing close hopefully he didn't ram your plane but it's fun seeing big heavy formation and those big fortress almost hit your plane when they turning back
    btw what is meshbuilderbudgets file for? as it's too heavy for framerate that i see nothing change from my previous scenerybudget & texturebudget setup, can you describe what those setting for? as i've seen nothing change but heavy framerate drop

here's my last shot before im down and i really don't get it why those komet pick me as his meat among 100 planes!

Oh btw Hobbit here's some teaser for my upcoming texture replacement..can you spot the target hobbit?? i saw swimming pool !! XD

Not to worry you will not see the last turn once you have the proper fuel load , you will run out of fuel long before they reach that point.
    Will polish the last turn before the finals..
    Still polishing these, I am going to use Borek's B-17 in the one for older computers and the standard ETO (AI) B-17 in the others for faster computers, there are 5 missions each with different formations, to try.
    Looking good, send the new scenery when you have it ready and I will test it in my Win 7 machine.
    This will look good in a ETO 1.50 Hotfix perhaps..

enjoy..
    Last edited by HouseHobbit; December 22nd, 2014 at 12:55.

SOH-CM-2021
    Blog Entries
    Yea. getting dangerous..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Me 163 b 004.jpg  

Members who have read this thread: 0