Macchi C.200 Saetta. May be unpacked before Christmas.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Macchi C.200 Saetta. May be unpacked before Christmas.

Macchi C200 model by Alessandro Cassadio

Did anyone update the old DAF_C200 model by Alessandro Cassadio with the dynamic shine capability? If not, any plan for it by somebody or is it maybe impossible?

cheers
    Morton

Icon22 Reply...

Morton,

This is one of my closet wishes, to replace this model and the Macchi Mc-205 with updated multi-lod versions. But alas, so far no dice.
    "Rami"

"Me? I'm just a Sea of Tranquility in an Ocean of Storms, babe."

My campaign site: http://www.box.net/shared/0k1e1rz29h
    My missions site: http://www.box.net/shared/ueh4kazk3v
    My scenery site: http://www.box.net/shared/knb1l0ztobhs2esb14rb

Hello Morton,

This one?

I stored it under IS4G, but they developed out of DAF, I think??

It is the only MC 200 for CFS2, I think. It was made using SCASM, but is not shinable.

Ahoi,
    Jax
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails MC200.jpg  
    Visit my CFS2-dedicated sites: CFS2 : Tips&Tricks + Downloads + A/C-Profiles + Links

MK_Saetta_MC200.zip

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category CFS 2 Aircraft - Italian

Description: This is the "old" FS2004 Macchi C200 Saetta by Capt. I. D'Attomo and Capt. G.Quai converted to CSF2. 3 skins and widescreen panel.

Thanks to Blood_Hawk23 for making a freestanding Italian pilot clone of Martin Wright's RAF pilot figure for me. He even made a version with an animated head!

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit MK_Saetta_MC200.zip
    The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.

Macchi C.200 Saetta. May be unpacked before Christmas.

There's not many Macchi C.200 Saetta for CFS2 around so I decided to use the FS9 C.200 by I. D'Attomo and G.Quai. As Mr. Quai pointed out to me, this is a very old model from his side. It has some snags, but with some new textures and stuff it looks rather nice I think. A big thanks goes to Black_Hawk32 for making a replacement for the pilot. With the permission from Martin Wright he made an italian clone of his RAF pilot. And with an animated head!
    I threw in a panel hacked from a G50 as well.

Morton
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails C200-panel.jpg   C200-167b.jpg   C200-b.jpg   C200-c.jpg   C200-a.jpg  

It looks great!!! thank u guys!! I realy apreciate this bird for my MTO
    Cheers
    Mario

Quote Originally Posted by Morton View Post
    There's not many Macchi C.200 Saetta for CFS2 around so I decided to use the FS9 C.200 by I. D'Attomo and G.Quai. As Mr. Quai pointed out to me, this is a very old model from his side. It has some snags, but with some new textures and stuff it looks rather nice I think. A big thanks goes to Blood_Hawk23 for making a replacement for the pilot. With the permission from Martin Wright he made an italian clone of his RAF pilot. And with an animated head!
    I threw in a panel hacked from a G50 as well.

Morton
    Your most welcome. I hope it all works as planed.

With Morton's help in the textures we now have 5 new pilots based on Martin Wright's RAF pilot. The Italian pilot, which for now will only be with this model. There is one for Russia, Japan, Germany, and a re-textured British pilot. I'll release those soon.

Just for fun I made the heads animated. There are also un-animated versions. As I've been learning more in Gmax I've wanted to try new things. So that was one of them.

With Morton's help, we'll be making a version 2 with new texture mapping to help with those that want to paint the model. That will be one to look forward to in the new year.

Til Later,
    John
    "Courage is the discovery that you may not win, and trying when you know you can lose."-Tom Krause

My works Here: http://www.thefreeflightsite.com/JFortin.htm

Icon22

Hi Morton,
    Congratulations, You made a very good work on the old D'Attomo & Quai's model, Your textures always are astounding, expecially the weathering.....
    Please check on the documentation You used the shape of Savoia's Cross on the tail, AerMacchi used a typical shape for the Cross and its shape shown also the factory (Macchi, Breda or SAI) that built the plane (every manufacturer used a different one), also the camouflage schemes were different, the typical "fried eggs" scheme (with small reddish brown in the bigger sand splashes on dark green background) applied by Aermacchi was different from the one applied by Breda......
    Probably the a/c painted in "fried eggs" scheme had the wings insignas with white background and "negative" version (white on black background) on wings bottom.
    Probably You forgotten the white Cross on 364th Squadriglia plane....

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	croci.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	107.3 KB 
ID:	17073

Nice one Morton. Does it have folding wings? Some bearded old geezer in a red suit has just rung me to ask....

Thanks mate,

Graham.

Icon14 Reply...

Morton,

It's too bad that the source files for this aren't available...a multi-lod version would be an amazing upgrade over the old DAF version! Great work on this!
    "Rami"

"Me? I'm just a Sea of Tranquility in an Ocean of Storms, babe."

My campaign site: http://www.box.net/shared/0k1e1rz29h
    My missions site: http://www.box.net/shared/ueh4kazk3v
    My scenery site: http://www.box.net/shared/knb1l0ztobhs2esb14rb

mvg3d, I'm sure you are right about that. I'll try to check and fix it. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Rami View Post
    Morton,
    It's too bad that the source files for this aren't available...a multi-lod version would be an amazing upgrade over the old DAF version! Great work on this!
    Are you sure they are not available? I didn't ask Mr.Quai specifically..

Wow! What nice AC. Great going guys.

BH23....a question regarding the pilot. Animated head is neat, but my guy has no facial features or color. Am I missing something?

Quote Originally Posted by Worthless View Post
    Wow! What nice AC. Great going guys.

BH23....a question regarding the pilot. Animated head is neat, but my guy has no facial features or color. Am I missing something?
    there should be 2 textures. One title ITA - for the body and P2_ITA for the head.
    "Courage is the discovery that you may not win, and trying when you know you can lose."-Tom Krause

Icon22

Quote Originally Posted by Blood_Hawk23 View Post
    there should be 2 textures. One title ITA - for the body and P2_ITA for the head.
    Hi Blood Hawk,
    ITA.bmp is in "SCENEDB\Weapons\Texture" folder, but P2_ITA.bmp isn't......
    However I'm flying with the Saetta in FSX, but I'm using the original D'Attomo & Quai's model, the converted model for CFS2 doesn't appears in FSX....
    Hei, I'm still waiting for the Italian pilot........

Quote Originally Posted by mvg3d View Post
    Hi Blood Hawk,
    ITA.bmp is in "SCENEDB\Weapons\Texture" folder, but P2_ITA.bmp isn't......
    However I'm flying with the Saetta in FSX, but I'm using the original D'Attomo & Quai's model, the converted model for CFS2 doesn't appears in FSX....
    Hei, I'm still waiting for the Italian pilot........
    Hummm... I'll get it out tonite. Just got back from a family dinner. so I'll need a few.

so it seems the head texture is missing from the download.

Quote Originally Posted by Blood_Hawk23 View Post
    so it seems the head texture is missing from the download.
    My God.. cant i do anything right? Blood_Hawk23. Maybe you can just as well upload the entire Pilot package?

Morton

Anyway, I attached the missing BMP here..
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by Morton View Post
    My God.. cant i do anything right? Blood_Hawk23. Maybe you can just as well upload the entire Pilot package?

Morton

Anyway, I attached the missing BMP here..

Morton,

Man your doing great. Don't worry about anything.

I'm releasing the Pack as a V1.0. When we get then new ones finished we can release them as a V2.0. So don't worry.

Nice job boys. It's a great Christmas present, thank you.
    Cheers,

Captain Kurt
    ------------------------------------------------------
    "Fly, you fools!" Gandalf the Gray

All fixed!

Thanks guys.

Fidenza, Northern Italy, 65 miles south of Milano

Icon22 We could have MVG3d's C.200

If I may step in, Manuele Villa just got in touch with me and told me he has a Macchi C.200 designed for CFS3 offering the same quality level of his C.202 and C.205.

He is willing to send me the Gmax source code, but we have to find who can convert from CFS3.

I don't know who, among us, can convert from CFS3 models. Any suggestion?

Cheers!
    KH
    My wee mods here at the Outhouse:

FileUploadName=kelticheart

Icon22

Quote Originally Posted by kelticheart View Post
    If I may step in, Manuele Villa just got in touch with me and told me he has a Macchi C.200 designed for CFS3 offering the same quality level of his C.202 and C.205.

He is willing to send me the Gmax source code, but we have to find who can convert from CFS3.

I don't know who, among us, can convert from CFS3 models. Any suggestion?

Cheers!
    KH
    Hi Friends,
    I have a phone conversation with Stefano just an hour ago, I offered him the Italianwings's C.200 (CFS3) for CFS2 conversion, but I forgotten to say him that the basically conversion is ready, it needs only VC dimensional adjustments, gauges and needs also ALL the animations. I started the CFS3/FS9 conversion with Milton Shupes's help, but the project ia actually "archived"......
    I mantained the original CFS3 texturing for the external model (a single 1024x1024 bmp for the whole model), in the previous models (202 & 205) I remapped completely the external model.....

HAPPY CHRISTMAS !!!

Blog Entries

European looking faces...

Blood_Hawk,

If you want to use them, I've created a set of new faces (the pilots in the pack all have the same standard CFS2 Asian face)...
    German, Italian, English, Russian and American (can only have 3 pics on the post, so the next two follow):

Members who have read this thread: 0