Merry Chrisitmas

Thread: Merry Chrisitmas

Kurier auf Stube...pauke! NachtPiloten's Avatar

Icon4 Merry Chrisitmas

??

Cato said "Carthaginem esse delendam"
    I say "Carthago iam diu deleta,sed enim Bellum Alium adhuc aedificandum est"

I guess you need to login????

Not sure if Santa put it under the tree but when I log in it is there......

Live: Western Maryland. From: North Central West, By God, Virginia.
    I'm logged in, and I don't see it, either, Ted.

Tooth, Fang, & Claw

Another use for sheep: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2FX9rviEhw

Late to the party again, but I can see it. Hals un beinbruch, Ted!
    Tom
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________________
    Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding. Proverbs 4:7

SOH-CM-2020
    What a cute machine! Can't wait to take on a much newer craft and down it!

Incredible!!!! Thank you, Sir!

SOH-CM-2021
    Blog Entries
    Thanks Ted, this will be fun.
    Merry Christmas to you also.

Blog Entries
    Nice! Thanks Ted
    CFS3 Battle of Britain Website: https://cfs3bob.wixsite.com/cfs3-bob
    CFS3 ACC Member & ETO Expansion Group

Australia Mate! living the good life in Gods Country
    Hi Ted,

Thanks Mate, a great addition.

For those who would like to try it I added in a few items to the xdp file. Histroy and revised pilot view and short name. Back your xdp file up first.

copy and paste the text below into the xdp file, overwriting everything above the lines: <Moving MinSpeed="27" MaxSpeed="60" CruiseSpeed="54" GroupSize="1" Type="0"/>

<?xml version="1.0"?>
    <UnitData>
    <General Allegience="0" LongName="Siemens Schuckert DIII" ShortName="SSW-DIII JG/4 1918" ModelName="SSW_DIII_LO.m3d" BlastDamageScale="1.0" ImpactDamageScale="1.0" FireDamageScale="1.0" Priority="1" Type="moving" EnteredService="01/01/1917" LeftService="11/11/1918" BlastDamageMod="1" ImpactDamageMod="1" FireDamageMod="1" Category="fighter_bomber" Country="Germany" AllowSpawn="n" InfoURL="aircraft\dr_Walrus\help\AvHistoryInfo_dr_ Walrus.htm" ChecklistURL="aircraft\dr_Walrus\help\AvHistoryInf o_dr_Walrus.htm"/>
    <GunStations>
    <GunStation UpLimit="0" DownLimit="0" LeftLimit="0" RightLimit="0" RateLimit="0" SystemID="right_guns" Tracer="40" Trainable="0" Trigger="1" Type="303calBrowning_gun" Name="Right Guns" ConvergeDistance="150" Pitch="0" MaxAmmo="500" UseSmallFlash="1"/>
    <GunStation UpLimit="0" DownLimit="0" LeftLimit="0" RightLimit="0" RateLimit="0" SystemID="left_guns" Tracer="40" Trainable="0" Trigger="1" Type="303calBrowning_gun" Name="Left Guns" ConvergeDistance="150" Pitch="0" MaxAmmo="500" UseSmallFlash="1"/>
    </GunStations>
    <Seats>
    <Seat Name="Pilot">
    <Stations>
    <Station Name="Pilot" Type="pilot_station" View="0" FovUp="30" FovDown="15">
    <PadlockLimit AzimuthMin="-134" AzimuthMax="134" ElevationMax="90" ElevationMin="-55"></PadlockLimit>
    <Views>
    <View Event="HeadStop"></View>
    <View Event="HeadPitchUp" Azimuth="0" Elevation="-45"></View>
    <View Event="HeadPitchDown" Azimuth="0" Elevation="30"></View>
    <View Event="HeadPitchUpLeft" Azimuth="-45" Elevation="-10" X="-0.08"></View>
    <View Event="HeadPitchUpRight" Azimuth="45" Elevation="-10" X="0.08"></View>
    <View Event="HeadRotLeft" Azimuth="-110" Elevation="-5" X="-0.08"></View>
    <View Event="HeadRotRight" Azimuth="110" Elevation="-5" X="0.08"></View>
    <View Event="HeadPitchDownLeft" Azimuth="-154" Elevation="-17" X="-0.08" Z="0.1"></View>
    <View Event="HeadPitchDownRight" Azimuth="154" Elevation="-17" X="0.08" Z="0.1"></View>
    </Views>
    <GunStations>
    <GunStation ID="0"/>
    <GunStation ID="1"/>
    </GunStations>
    </Station>
    <Station Name="Pilot wide view" Type="pilot_station" View="0" FovUp="45" FovDown="30">
    <PadlockLimit AzimuthMin="-134" AzimuthMax="134" ElevationMax="90" ElevationMin="-55"></PadlockLimit>
    <Views>
    <View Event="HeadStop"></View>
    <View Event="HeadPitchUp" Azimuth="0" Elevation="-45"></View>
    <View Event="HeadPitchDown" Azimuth="0" Elevation="30"></View>
    <View Event="HeadPitchUpLeft" Azimuth="-45" Elevation="-10" X="-0.08"></View>
    <View Event="HeadPitchUpRight" Azimuth="45" Elevation="-10" X="0.08"></View>
    <View Event="HeadRotLeft" Azimuth="-110" Elevation="-5" X="-0.08"></View>
    <View Event="HeadRotRight" Azimuth="110" Elevation="-5" X="0.08"></View>
    <View Event="HeadPitchDownLeft" Azimuth="-154" Elevation="-17" X="-0.08" Z="0.1"></View>
    <View Event="HeadPitchDownRight" Azimuth="154" Elevation="-17" X="0.08" Z="0.1"></View>
    </Views>
    <GunStations>
    <GunStation ID="0"/>
    <GunStation ID="1"/>
    </GunStations>
    </Station>
    </Stations>
    </Seat>
    </Seats>
    <Description String="Siemens Schuckert DIII
    ====================================
    Unit: JG/4.
    Pilot: ObLtn, Ernst Udet.
    Metz Aerodrome,
    France.
    September 1918.

The most famous D.III is that of Oberleutnant Ernst Udet, however it is unknown if it was ever flown in combat.
    The name on the side is that of his fiancee Elanore 'Lolo' Zink, and was carried on all his aircraft in 1917-18.
    Ernst Udet survived the war with a total of 62 victories.

The SSW D.III was designed as a fast climbing interceptor and was to make use of the new 11 cylinder Siemens Halske 160hp counter rotary engine. This engine featured a propeller and cylinders that rotated opposite to the crankcase, allowing a slower propeller speed for the same power and the elimination of torque among other things. Initial tests of the Sh.III engine in the SSW D.IIb saw the remarkable climb of 21,000ft in 35 minutes, and the decision was made to design a new interceptor around it.

Tests with the prototype D.III fitted with a two bladed propeller and long undercarriage that typified the first incarnation of the type showed that ground handling left a lot to be desired, therefore a new four blade propeller and shorter undercarriage were soon to be standardised on the production D.III. In tests against the Fokker D.VII and Albatros D.V, the SSW D.III was the faster of the three.

Operational history
    Approximately 41 D.IIIs were delivered to frontline units between April and May 1918. Most aircraft were supplied to Jagdgeschwader II, whose pilots were enthusiastic about the new aircraft's handling and rate of climb. After only seven to 10 hours of service, however, the Sh.III engines started showing serious problems with overheating and piston seizure. The problem was later traced to the Voltol mineral oil that was used to replace the now scarce castor oil. Furthermore, the close fitting engine cowling provided inadequate cooling to the engine.

In late May 1918, Jagdgeschwader II replaced its D.IIIs with the older Fokker Dr.I. The remaining D.III aircraft were returned to the Siemens Schuckert factory, where they were retrofitted with new Sh.IIIa engines, an enlarged rudder, and cutaway cowlings that provided improved airflow. A further 30 new production D.IIIs incorporated these modifications. Total production amounted to 80 aircraft.

In July 1918, the D.III returned to active service as an interceptor with home defense squadrons. By this time, the D.III had been replaced in production by the Siemens Schuckert D.IV.

General characteristics:
    Crew: One
    Length: 18ft 8 and half inches
    Wingspan: 27ft 7 thre quarter inches
    Height: 9ft 2 and a quater inches
    Wing area: 203.44 sq ft.
    Empty weight: 1,177lb
    Max. takeoff weight: 1,598lb
    Powerplant: Siemens Halske Sh.III rotary, 160 hp

Performance:
    Maximum speed: 112 mph
    Service ceiling: 26,245 ft

Armament:
    2 x 7.92mm 08-15 Machine Guns.
    "/>

the next line you see is
    <Moving MinSpeed="27" MaxSpeed="60" CruiseSpeed="54" GroupSize="1" Type="0"/>

For those who have OFF I can recomend copying the sound folder out of the Fokker_DR1_Sqd aircraft folder and putting it into this one.

Thanks again Ted, she's a beauty.

regards Rob.
    No other success can compensate for failure in the home..

Icon5 OFF

Rob -

How do you get it to work in OFF?

Ted

I have it in OFF; you'll need to change the .xdp (guns) and link a sound folder (your choice). It will only show in CFS3 QC...(from the "Workshop" tab). Hope this helps...

Australia Mate! living the good life in Gods Country
    Quote Originally Posted by NachtPiloten View Post
    Rob -

How do you get it to work in OFF?

Ted
    Hi Ted,

can you PM me your email address, I seem to has misplaced it. I have the files for you to allow QC from the CFS3 part of OFF.
    you cant actually access 3rd party standalones in the OFF manager in OFF Phase 3 or 4. (the payware ones.)

I have made a set of dialog files, which control what buttons and text you see in the GUI while CFS3 is running. I added back in the buttons to allow you to select QC and Multiplayer. and put the right texture files back into the UIRES folder so you can see the buttons.

thanks again for the great planes.

regards Rob.
    No other success can compensate for failure in the home..

Very nice, thanks, Ted.

Members who have read this thread: 1