Warbirdsim Mustang Collection Christmas Offer
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Warbirdsim Mustang Collection Christmas Offer

Warbirdsim Mustang Collection Christmas Offer

Warbirdsim North American’s Classic Icon the P-51 takes to the skies with 20 aircraft from 5 different products together in this unique set specially designed for FSX, featuring THE most accurate modeling and performance of this iconic aircraft ever made for simulation!
    From the early P-51B and P-51D-5 and up to date with P-51D Warbirds flying today.

TIME LIMITED OFFER - UNTIL CHRISTMAS EVE

RRP £39.95- SPECIAL OFFER £19.95

20 P-51 MUSTANGS IN THE PACK

P-51D-15-NA ‘The Millie G’
    P-51D-15-NA ‘Baby Duck’
    P-51D-20-NA ‘Big Beautiful Doll’
    P-51D-25-NA ‘The Enchantress’
    P-51D-5-NA ‘Donald Duck’
    P-51D-5-NA ‘Cripes A’ Mighty 3rd’
    P-51D-5-NA ‘Lou IV/Athelene’
    P-51D-5-NA ‘The Comet’
    P-51D-30-NA ‘Happy Jack’s Go Buggy’
    F-6D-25-NT ‘Lil’ Margaret’
    P-51K-10-NT ‘Fragile But Agile’
    P-51D-25-NT ‘NACA 127’
    P-51D-20-NA ‘Jumpin Jacques’
    P-51D-25-NA USAF FF-704
    Cavalier Mk.II ‘It’s About Time’
    P-51D-25-NA ‘Moose/Candyman’
    P-51B ‘Ding Hao!’
    P-51B ‘Old Crow’
    P-51C ‘Princess Elizabeth’
    Mustang Mk.III 133 Wing FB-38

Wartime P-51s were the‘Little Friends’ the affectionate name given by Bomber crews when esorted on raids to their targets.
    The D model is modelled in its original form. Featuring an extremely accurate researched and modelled Gunbay with ammunition shoots and indivudual built shells. Recreated to match all of the exact original factory specifications. With the P-51D-5-NA version, the N-9 reflector gun sight is fitted, with P-51B-style instrument panel, fabric elevators no dorsal fin fillet. Featured are removable exhaust shrouds. 75-gallon drop tanks that can be added/removed and released, and a working automatic supercharger with engine damage effects (Acceleration only). A simulated collimated gun sight reticle, in conjunction with the N-9 reflector gun sight, as installed on all early-model P-51Ds.
    Also featured are restored examples as they fly today across the world, featuring some of the finest restorations of the breed!
    The earliest versions featured are the P-51B/C & Mustang III. These are the early birdcage canopied versions with the high rear fuselage.

http://www.warbirdsim.com/Store.do?s...=39&category=5

Have fun
    Albert
    www.warbirdsim.com
    Last edited by WarBert; December 16th, 2014 at 08:35. Reason: text error

Looks like a great package. I'd been thinking about buying one of the B/C sets to try them out alongside my A2A D models, and then maybe migrating into the Warbirdsim D's. But will have to think about this as well. All the choices are a little confusing for a newcomer, however. Maybe someone more knowledgeable (John T himself, possibly?) could provide some guidance about what we'd be missing from the other packages if we bought the limited edition, and what the best way would be to add some of the other models at some later point.
    "Ah, Paula, they are firing at me..."

-- Saint-Exupery

of course I bought most of the previous packages separately, but if you you haven't bought any of the previous packages, or just one of them, then this would be the one to go for! As far as I can see it covers all the different models, and since I did well over a 100 paints for all the different models together, you'd have enough aircraft and paints to enjoy yourself for quite a while......
    My fav's still the D-5 series:

You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

and the B/C was very nice to paint too:

You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.

Thanks for that, Jankees (and beautiful work, as always!)

Is there enough variety here among the B and C models for a start?

Though given my affection for the 356th FS/354th FG, as you know, I suppose I could be happy with Ding Hao! for a while...

EDIT: Whoops! We cross-posted. Sorry for that. Yes, I'm convinced - off to buy later today, once I've crunched a couple more pre-holiday deadlines...

-- Saint-Exupery

OK, here's a few more D's:

Those are fine-looking models. And paints, of course...

Are yours best found here or on OZx, or both?

-- Saint-Exupery

and then there are the Iwo Jima Mustangs:

OK, I'll stop with the commercials now, as you can see there should be enough to keep you inn the air for a while..
    and all my paints for the WBS Mustangs are on OZx

Oh, man, I'm going to need to add another wing to the hangar...

And it's been a couple of weeks now since I've been back to Manfred's C-47 - need to change that, too. More hours in the day required.

Am I right in assuming that the Warbirdsim models are well-behaved in P3D V2? I'd think that's a yes since they're native FSX models, but if anyone knows differently, please advise.

-- Saint-Exupery

Dag nab it.. I can't believe how much money I've spent on WBS sets over the past few weeks

For anyone sitting on the fence.. this is one hell of a package and well worth the asking price

ATB
    DaveB

A few more paints.. In my books the WBS Mustang series are the very best Mustang representations you will find for FS. The update for the old Bs and Cs are also very welcome.

Best regards
    Jens-Ole
    Repainting since FS5..

In my books the WBS Mustang series are the very best Mustang representations you will find for FS.
    Without a doubt

ATB
    DaveB

Thanks for the kind words.
    And also for all those wonderful repaint images, beautiful!

We have tried to give you a very broad cross section of our favorite and the most interesting aircraft.
    This sale is aimed at both those who wish to top up their existing collection, but mainly those who have been sitting on the fence for a while, wondering what to go for.

Sorry if you have them already.

Albert
    www.warbirdsim.com

Got it :-)

Great offer, expecially for me because of the old B-models. Had been eyeing them for a long time.

I use P3Dv2.4, off to check them out now!

Cheers,
    Mark
    My scenery development galleries:
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/x0skkam7xu8zz8r/DFwnonB1nH

Solomon 1943 V2 Open beta download: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/download...on-1943-V2.zip
    Solomon 1943 V2 update 2013-02-05 download: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/download...2013-02-05.zip

Current Project: DHC-4 / C-7a Caribou by Tailored Radials
    Dev-Gallery at https://www.dropbox.com/sh/qjdtcoxeg...bAG-2V4Ja?dl=0

Jankees, are you using the old B/C model in those screenshots? Looks different from my P-51B/C. (pilot , canopy details, radio antenna/wire, drop tank details etc)

Best regards
    Jens-Ole
    Repainting since FS5..

Best regards
    Jens-Ole
    Repainting since FS5..

I wasn't aware of any new model?

Oh I'm torn on these... They just look soooo good!

Good thing there's not an RCAF version included, or my impulsive nature would kick in for sure!
    Jim Stewart

Bought, but not yet downloaded, much less flown. Still need to get a whole month's work out the door by Friday. Then... airborne...

-- Saint-Exupery

John released new B/C models for a few years back which brought them up to the same standard as the Ds. A lot of small improvements which makes them look so much better. I suspect these "gen 2" models are included in this combo pack.

Best regards
    Jens-Ole
    Repainting since FS5..

oh dear, I'll have to resist, I bought the B's twice already (FS9 & FSX), I'm not going to buy them again..
    besides, mine don't look that bad, do they?

hahahahaha..

Your paints are great Jan I didn't realise there were old and new versions. I only bought the B/C pack a few weeks ago so I hope they're the 'new' versions. Incidentally Jan.. I downloaded your 'Cheshire' paint only last week and it looks just fine on the model I have.. whichever version it is

ATB
    DaveB

Hehe... It is an expensive hobby we have. I don't dare to think about all the payware stuff I have bought over the years. But I can tell you practical shooting which is my other hobby is even more expensive. 9 and 5.56 mm ammo easily makes payware look like freeware..lol Not to mention the carbines and optics themselves... They go over my "special budget"...

I bought the B/C model for a few years back, but I also bought the DVD release only "Mustang Collection" last year which included a new updated B/C model together with many other models. Beside all the small details (gear, drop tanks etc) there are something about the model shine and particular glass shine which stands out I think. When I compared the two, the newest definitely looks nicer. I do not know if it is B/C generation 1 or 2 which is currently sold as a standalone package. There are also some texture mapping issues between gen 1 and 2, so the repainters should take notice to say which model their paints are for. I don't think gen 1 paints will work 100% on the latest model without some additional textures.

Best regards
    Jens-Ole
    Repainting since FS5..

The B/C and Mustang III have had a few improvements, as spotted, with pilot animations, updated sound as per the D model without gun port whine and a few other details.
    These are updates that where being applied to an all new version as well as a P-51A a little further on down the road.

All of course after our little aft engined friend being put together is released.

New website launch early in the new year too!

Albert
    www.warbirdsim.com

Plenty to look forward too then Albert. Thanks for the HU

ATB
    DaveB

Members who have read this thread: 2