Glowing Heat B-58 Hustler texture issues

Thread: Glowing Heat B-58 Hustler texture issues

Glowing Heat B-58 Hustler texture issues

Been trying to add some of the old AS textures. Mostly works (some I am happy to mix new with old). The problem I am having is figuring out the mapping for the external pod. The GH FSX plane seems to have pod textures in several places in including .spec files, which I don't really understand. Want to use the -661, 662 and -664 paints from this site: http://www.b-58.com/ (go to flightsim tab > Complete list of aircraft available) and - ideally - the painted smaller pods you can see in the screenies. I end up however with a very glossy (must be the alpha layer) white pod with red fins. I see that on the GH FSX plane the pod is also on the "fuse_rear" (?) texture, .spec texuture as well as the "various external parts" DDS but its all got me very perplexed!

Thanks

expat
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Quote Originally Posted by expat View Post
    Been trying to add some of the old AS textures. Mostly works (some I am happy to mix new with old). The problem I am having is figuring out the mapping for the external pod. The GH FSX plane seems to have pod textures in several places in including .spec files, which I don't really understand. Want to use the -661, 662 and -664 paints from this site: http://www.b-58.com/ (go to flightsim tab > Complete list of aircraft available) and - ideally - the painted smaller pods you can see in the screenies. I end up however with a very glossy (must be the alpha layer) white pod with red fins. I see that on the GH FSX plane the pod is also on the "fuse_rear" (?) texture, .spec texuture as well as the "various external parts" DDS but its all got me very perplexed!

Thanks

expat
    Hi Expat,

The big pod textures are indeed on the fuse_rear texture. The fins textures are on the various external parts file. Don't ask me why, but I never amalgamated the two.

Apologies.

Don't apologize. You did a great job on this one indeed - can't stop flying - and looking at this amazing aircraft. Enjoy the challenges. What about the fuselage_rear_t_spec? It looks like a second color bitmap type of texture (rather than an alpha layer thing to give specular shine). How would you suggest modding the AS pod textures to fit the GH FSX model?

Thanks!

expat

free image hosting
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Quote Originally Posted by centuryseries View Post
    Hi Expat,
    The big pod textures are indeed on the fuse_rear texture. The fins textures are on the various external parts file. Don't ask me why, but I never amalgamated the two.

Apologies.
    You can put all blame on me. When the FSX rebuild first started I was trying to get David to combine as many bits on as few textures files as possible.
    This was afterall a new compile for FSX and not just a portover. Backward compatibility was of no concern on my part. I was only partially successful or it would have been even worse.

Hey Frank! Good to see you here. Trying to port some of your paintwork as part of this! Can't resist another shot - she was the Supersonic Supermodel . .

Quote Originally Posted by expat View Post
    Hey Frank! Good to see you here. Trying to port some of your paintwork as part of this! Can't resist another shot - she was the Supersonic Supermodel . .

Hi Expat,

I would suggest saving the current Glowingheat pod texture and adding it as a layer into your paint program, then use it as a guide.

Glad you like it, she was certainly a great looking aircraft!

David.

Members who have read this thread: 1