KTNP - Twentynine Palms released

Thread: KTNP - Twentynine Palms released

KTNP - Twentynine Palms released

Just a heads up, KTNP - Twentynine Palms has been released and its some pretty impressive scenery. http://29palms-store.de/home/18-ktnp...ine-palms.html

A few screenshots:

i7-4770K 4.4 Ghz - ASUS z87 PRO - Corsair H100i - 16 gig Kingston Beast DDR3 2166 Mhz - Gainward GTX 1070 GS GLH - CX 750M PSU - CoolerMaster HAF X case

A few night shots as well (including the sandstorm effect):

i7-4770K 4.4 Ghz - ASUS z87 PRO - Corsair H100i - 16 gig Kingston Beast DDR3 2166 Mhz - Gainward GTX 1070 GS GLH - CX 750M PSU - CoolerMaster HAF X case

Blog Entries
    Cool airport 35 miles down the road from my sister.....
    Now the Marine Base.....HINT.....HINT.....HINT......HINT......
    SoCal Y22......North Pole, Alaska

Quote Originally Posted by trucker17 View Post
    Cool airport 35 miles down the road from my sister.....
    Craig .. In New Zealand, .... Just for you , Its 29 Farms

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjZ1AQf6T-k I do wonder Robert Plant ... did he really Plant those trees

Blog Entries
    Personally i could never understand why they call it 29 palms.......They dont have 29 palms......

Personally i could never understand why they call it 29 palms.......They dont have 29 palms......
    Trust me ... in the NZ , names get real weird .. Whakapapa ... Maori lingo .. Wh is pronounced - or sounds like a 'F' .. put the in front off the word and then figure it out ... And people say I speak in Ianglish

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Warren View Post
    Trust me ... in the NZ , names get real weird .. Whakapapa ... Maori lingo .. Wh is pronounced - or sounds like a 'F' .. put the in front off the word and then figure it out ... And people say I speak in Ianglish

Wow, this brings back memories. You can almost smell Lake Bandini from there.

Man, the textures in this sure look something sweet. Incredible detail.
    Jim Stewart

This is for flight sim correct??? Kidding, looks like a popular console game I also use to relieve stress.
    Fly Navy/Army
    USN SAR
    DUSTOFF/ARMY PROPS

Yes, I was disappoint.

I had expected the USMC base.

That's exactly what it looks like out there on the way to the Mojave. Cactus, sagebrush, and Joshua trees as far as you can see. I've spend many days out there geocaching. After a while it all looks the same. Only your position relative to the mountains far away changes. Good stuff.

Great screenshots Montie and thanks for the release info...

I need a better paying job so I can actually afford what I buy lol
    enter..the Sandman

visit Heywood Planes - YouTube

Really nice! Easy on FPS even with all the features on. Perfect for flights between KTNP and FTX Palm Springs.

Flavio - P3D v4.5 - MSFS 2020 - Win 11 Pro 64
    i912900KF 5.2ghz - ASUS TUFZ690 - AIO Cooler Master PL360 Flux Masterliquid - 32gb Kingston Fury 3600mhz - Asus RTX 2080 Super - AGON 32'' AG323FCXE 165mhz -
    MCP 737R 2015 Virtual Avionics - SSDs M2 2Tb+1Tb XPG

Twentynine Palms

I just tried out this new Twentynine Palms airport scenery today, and it is very, very nice. As good or better than anything that Orbx has done. I hope they keep it up, and do more U.S. sceneries.

Quote Originally Posted by JimH View Post
    I just tried out this new Twentynine Palms airport scenery today, and it is very, very nice. As good or better than anything that Orbx has done. I hope they keep it up, and do more U.S. sceneries.
    Even better than Sumburgh and Southampton?
    P3D v4.5, DCS, AF2
    W10 64bit Pro
    Core i7 6770K @ 4,3 GHz
    32 GB DDR4 2666
    RTX 2080 Super 8 GB
    Oculus Rift S
    Cable 1000 Mbit/s

The advantage with 29Palms' KTNP is that currently it lies in a sparse region. Performance of an optimised airport is going to be excellent. I think a true comparison with Southampton is only going to be possible when FTX SoCal. I find Sumburgh works really well on my system even with FTX UK active.

Andrew Entwistle
    Per Ardua ad Astra

Quote Originally Posted by alehead View Post
    The advantage with 29Palms' KTNP is that currently it lies in a sparse region. Performance of an optimised airport is going to be excellent. I think a true comparison with Southampton is only going to be possible when FTX SoCal. I find Sumburgh works really well on my system even with FTX UK active.

Andrew Entwistle
    It was meant as a joke as OrbX Sumburgh and Southampton were actually made by 29Palms

Ofc you're right that this wouldn't be a fair comparison. But you can compare it with OrbX Palm Springs by Jarrad Marshall, at least i can as I have both sceneries, and as good as it is (I love it!) it cannot really compete with KPMS.
    P3D v4.5, DCS, AF2
    W10 64bit Pro
    Core i7 6770K @ 4,3 GHz
    32 GB DDR4 2666
    RTX 2080 Super 8 GB
    Oculus Rift S
    Cable 1000 Mbit/s

Quote Originally Posted by vora View Post
    it cannot really compete with KPMS.
    KPMS... That's a touchy airport to deal with. Very unforgiving.

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyRFR View Post
    Man, the textures in this sure look something sweet. Incredible detail.
    It does have authentic high desert touch to it. It's not that sweet when you're stationed there, but it grows on you in a weird way. Now Joshua Tree Hi Desert Airport is just down the way. that's where I did my first few hours in a C-172.

Members who have read this thread: 3