Aerosoft F-14 Repaints - Page 6
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Aerosoft F-14 Repaints

Mistake Corrected

Domingo just mentioned I missed changing the aircraft type above the number on the Thief of Baghdad. It has now been changed to what should be F-14B. The correction has been uploaded. For those who what this aircraft completely correct you can re-download for the correction. Several very small modifications are included. Sorry for taking time away from flight.
    Regards, Tom Stovall KRDD

Two new Aerosoft F-14 repaints. The first is of the VX-9 Vampires. The last two are of the VX-4 Evaluators.

Super. Thanks, Tom.
    -- WH

If at first you don't succeed, try, try,try again. ... or go read the manual.

Thank you Mr Stovall.

Hopefully Hani will port this IRIS repaint to the Aerosoft F-14.

sepp666, I did two versions of the VF-103 sometime back. I will upload if there is interest. These screenshot are already in this thread.

Tom, those are VF-84 paints on the IRIS "A", but great job on -103!
    Fly Navy/Army
    USN SAR
    DUSTOFF/ARMY PROPS

Quote Originally Posted by stovall View Post
    sepp666, I did two versions of the VF-103 sometime back. I will upload if there is interest. These screenshot are already in this thread.

Yes i would like to have them, so please upload them.

And Victory103 is right, it is a VF-84 paint what Hani did for the IRIS F-14. It was BuNo 160661, she looked like that:

Ok, I will package them up and upload. During research several used the skull and crossbones at their logo. These included the VF-84 originally Wolf Gang and the VF-103 Jolly Rogers as well as others.

Got 'em... Thank you, keep up the good work. Maybe Ferris Camo next?

Thanks Stoval some crackers to add to my hanger.

Quote Originally Posted by sepp666 View Post
    Got 'em... Thank you, keep up the good work. Maybe Ferris Camo next?
    My humble attempts at the F-14A Ferris. I have upgraded my pictures to reflect changes in the points along the fuselage.

Last edited by stovall; February 6th, 2015 at 07:49. Reason: Change Pictures

Tom, great Ferris paint...

Looking fast, looking fast!

My humble attempts at the F-14A Ferris.
    Looks very good. Will look right at home on the Enterprise as well.

My humble attempts at the F-14A Ferris. I have upgraded my pictures to reflect changes in the points along the fuselage.
    Yes, Mr Stovall that is amazing! The first ever Virtual Ferris Tomcat!

What will you do next? I'm very excited...

sepp666, I haven't posted the F-14A Ferris scheme yet because there are several versions of what it should look like out there. The model versions appear inaccurate. The real photo version of the pattern is different. Fsafranek pointed out that there should be five points along the fuselage. He is absolutely correct when viewing the photo versions. My first rendition had only four. This was because there is a poly aberration on both sides of the lateral views. This made producing a straight line almost impossible at this area. After more attempts I think I have what should be an accurate version using the only photos I could find. (About 5 photos). Unfortunately there is no really good photo of the right lateral fuselage. I found one showing most of the right side so decided to make both sides the same with five points. Hopefully fsafranek or someone will see what I have done to verify the results are what they should be. fsafranek got a PM asking for help with the images of the new results. I made two versions for the VF-1 Ferris scheme as seen in a picture of the USS Enterprise. One has decals and the Modex 100. The other has no Modex or any markings other than the Ferris pattern. There is a number 42 on the tip of the vertical stabilizer. Waiting for verification of the new pattern.

Hello stovall, anything new with the Ferris Tomcat? Did you got better info? I have searched for a while too, but did not found better pictures, sorry.

Sorry sepp666, I got distracted with the new version of P3D. I have the final done and will load her up later today. There will be two versions of the VF-1. One without decals and a number 42 on the tail. The other is AC 100 as seen on the USS Enterprise. I have fairly good pictures of both. My helper got back to me and confirmed the pictures above are correct on the points along the fuselage. Back soon. Thanks for the interest.

Sorry sepp666, I got distracted with the new version of P3D. I have the final done and will load her up later today. There will be two versions of the VF-1. One without decals and a number 42 on the tail. The other is AC 100 as seen on the USS Enterprise. I have fairly good pictures of both. My helper got back to me and confirmed the pictures above are correct on the points along the fuselage. Back soon. Thanks for the interest.
    Thank you for the info, those are good news. Is there a chance that you upload the original photos too?

Sepp

just so you are aware....the aircraft that has the number 42 on the nose is VX-1 Evaluators.

VX-1 aircraft number 41

VF-124 also had a jet.

Skyhawk, all my research shows the two F-14A Ferris Paint schemes to be uploaded were from the VF-1 WolfPack. AC 100 is mentioned in this reference. See HERE! My pictures of the number 42 bird also say it was VF-1. Other references say there were Keith Ferris schemes especially VF-124. Comments and any help is very much appreciated. I should have these two birds up within the hour.

Sepp666, I will put several real photos in the readme files.

Thanks to all who helped me with this project.

Both from the VF-1 WolfPack Keith Ferris version have made it to the Warbirds Library. Thanks for all you patience.

Alrighty........i will do some research later. What buno are you using for nunber 42?

I was wrong it was VX-4

Additionally, in the late 1970's a few F-14s (VX-4: 159827/"41", 159829/"43", 159830/"44", 159831/"45"; VF-1: 158979/"NK100"; VF-2: 158985/"NK200"; VF-124: 159827/"NJ410"; PMTC: ??????/"201"; VF-101: 161135/"AD102" slightly different Ferris colours in 1981) were temporarily painted in the so-called Keith Ferris camouflage scheme (see below). For this deceptive paint system three gray colours were applied in a serrated scheme (matt dark gray (FS 36118, dark gull gray (FS 36231) and light gull gray (FS 36440)).

<center></center>

And sometimes, when an exercise was on schedule, some squadrons painted their F-14s with water-soluble dark green and brown colours (at least VF-11, VF-74, VF,124, VF-211, VF-213 (see F-14 Photo section)). Today there fly a few special coloured F-14s at the Navy Fighter Weapons School (see F-14 Sqaudron and F-14 Photo sections), wearing the colours of Russian Sukhoi Su-27s or Iranian Tomcats for adversary air combat training. Also, a few VF-74 F-14Bs received a special two-tone grey colour scheme for adversary training just prior to the squadron's disestablishment (see F-14 Squadron and F-14 Photo section).

Actually number 42 did not have a BuNo paint on the fuselage. There wasn't much of anything on number 42. The BuNo for 42 by the records with the VF-1 was 159828 put into service October 1976 and retired January 1996. The real picture in the included readme shows no numbers at all.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Screenshot_2015-02-18-00-31-40.jpg  

Members who have read this thread: 2