Aerosoft F-14 Repaints - Page 7
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: Aerosoft F-14 Repaints

Yes Skyhawk, I saw that at MATS. This is why I took so long to publish the textures. I have more references that say it was on the USS Enterprise and belonged to VF-1 Wolf Pack. Oh well, the paint is what it is. Hope everyone enjoys it. Thanks to those who offered assistance in trying to get the correct information and pictures.
    Regards, Tom Stovall KRDD

You can collect drawings, paintings, decal sheets, study repainted museum displays and model kits, read historical recounts
    written years later, etc., until you're blue in the face (and driven to search even more because they will conflict). But a
    photograph of the real aircraft is the indisputable final word (and even then always question captions).

Granted my sources are limited but I've only ever seen photos of the Ferris scheme in the darker grays on the Enterprise or
    flying with/parked among VF-1 birds. And also a couple examples (found after our messages Tom) from VX-4 taken at Nellis
    in 1977 (according to the captions) with the same camo pattern in lighter tones of gray but with all markings painted over
    except the nose numbers and crew names.

Wow, look at that special Tomcat paint: http://theaviationist.com/2014/02/21...-iriaf-tomcat/
    I like that a lot, what do you think?

Sepp

Members who have read this thread: 2