Aerosoft F-14 Repaints - Page 3
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Aerosoft F-14 Repaints

Doublecool, the same to you and all here at SOH. It is early Sunday morning on the west coast of the U.S. All six Aerosoft F-14 uploads should start sometime this a.m. Hope they live up to expectations.

Update -- All six Aerosoft F-14 repaints have been uploaded awaiting acceptance.
    Last edited by stovall; December 21st, 2014 at 10:03.
    Regards, Tom Stovall KRDD

Bless you sir, you hit the nail right on the head with the VF-201!!! Christmas just came a little early for me. Many, many thanks!

"Hornets by mandate, Tomcats by choice!"

Got 'em. Many, many thanks from me as well.

Cheers
    -- WH

If at first you don't succeed, try, try,try again. ... or go read the manual.

One of my textures on the F-14B models is incorrect. Thanks to Domingo Everth Fersaca for point it out. The gun pod is incorrect. Changes in the works and will be posted tomorrow in a single download. Sorry for the problem.

All F-14B model textures are correct now. Also four of the six uploaded schemes now has pilot designations on the canopies. Get the new textures at the Warbirds Library. The readme has installation instructions.

Seems I remember a request for this version of the VF-101 Grim Reapers. Must admit she is a real beauty color wise.

One more picture with the AIM-9 Practice Sidewinders.

Last edited by stovall; December 24th, 2014 at 20:32.

VF-101 Texture

Hi Tom,

Thanks so much for doing the VF-101 "Reapers" texture that I requested. It will undoubtedly be my favorite F-14. I do note that your screen-shots, as well as possibly the photo that I provided, show a somewhat "pastel" (faded - washed out?) look to the red upper color. In real life, on the occasions that I saw her, the actual red on the bird was a "stronger" (more intense) color. I hope all these not very descriptive words make sense. In any case, I am going to love this texture. Thanks for a great Christmas present (even if the delivery man comes later).

Best regards, Bill

Bill, your comments are just what I needed to hear. I will make the red color more intense. I have numerous model pictures and a few of the real thing. The model pic show a more intense red color. I have made several other changes to accommodate what the aircraft looked like in real life. The pictures posted are definitely a work in progress. Back with more later. Again, appreciate the help and comments.

I think AD101 looks great as is. I'm not sure how bright one can go with the colors in FSX without it no longer looking 'real' in the sim. That's my concern.

Here is a short movie using the new Top Gun liveries. I think it's a great tribute to the movie:

Dang in neutrino, now I want to watch Top Gun and will probably go and buy the Aerosoft Tomcat.

Great video and soundtrack mixing.

-Jeff
    I pass gas!

Great video neutrino. Now I gotta go that scenery.
    Don H

AMD Ryzen 5 7600X
    MSI MAG B650 Tomahawk WIFI/BT
    64GB Corsair Vengeance 6000MHz DDR5 C40 (4x16)
    Sapphire Pulse AMD Radeon RX7900XT 20GB DDR6
    Corsair 5000D Airflow Case
    Corsair RM850x 80+ GOLD P/S
    Liquid Freezer II 360 water cooling
    C:/ WD Black 4TB SN770 Gen 4 NVMe M.2 SSD
    D:/ Crucial P3 PLUS 4TB Gen 4 NVMe M.2 SSD
    Samsung 32" Curved Monitor
    Honeycomb and Saitek Flight Equipment

Great job neutrino, there has to be some Viper and Jester repaints for the Virt A-4 somewhere.
    Fly Navy/Army
    USN SAR
    DUSTOFF/ARMY PROPS

Quote Originally Posted by stovall View Post
    Doublecool, the same to you and all here at SOH. It is early Sunday morning on the west coast of the U.S. All six Aerosoft F-14 uploads should start sometime this a.m. Hope they live up to expectations.

Update -- All six Aerosoft F-14 repaints have been uploaded awaiting acceptance.
    Thanks stovall

Ready to upload VF-101 Grim Reapers. In the meantime here is a version of the VF-33 Starfighters.

Tom, that's probably the best paint scheme ever on a Tomcat. Very nice.

Two new Aerosoft F-14s in the Warbirds Library.

F-14A of the VF-33 Starfighters.

F-14B of the VF-101 Grim Reapers, early logo.

Very nice. Thank you for taking time and doing these, I enjoy them very much.

Quote Originally Posted by neutrino View Post
    Here is a short movie using the new Top Gun liveries. I think it's a great tribute to the movie:
    COOKING .. I .. Mav .. We .. Sorry Goose tried this out in multiplay , "Dang this guy is good" and so is that Video

One thing Blake aka 'Waka172rg' pointed out while in the the Virtavia Skyhawk chasing me was how close some scenes really were to the movie, one heck off an experiment and a lot off fun.

Here is the real low viz F-14B VF-101 AC 111.

Here is the FSX / P3D version.

Brilliant paints everyone!

I'll have to seriously consider getting this bird!
    FAA ZMP
    PPL ASEL

| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | EVGA GTX1080 Ti | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X |

Members who have read this thread: 2