That's funny...

Thread: That's funny...

That's funny...

can anybody tell me what is remarkable in this pic?

You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

yup, the plane outside the field.

Cees

Dunno Jan.. is the aircraft you're flying the same as the one in the field on jacks below you?

ATB
    DaveB

Quote Originally Posted by Cees Donker View Post
    yup, the plane outside the field.

Cees
    I took that for a "gate guard" or museum aircraft?

the fact you havent spun that big bird into the ground as yet?

*runs for his life........"

ooh, you're all so clever!
    DaveB is right, the aircraft on the ground is the same one as I just painted and am taking out for a test flight here.
    The whole story: C-47B-30-DK c/n# 32877 44-76545 was built by Douglas and went to the RAAF in april 1945 as A65-84. It flew with 2 ATU with call sign VH-HJM and was later assigned to 34 squadron. After the war, it remained with the RAAF until 1975, when it was one of seven C-47's that were donated to the Papua New Guinea's Defence Force, where it was assigned the serial P2-002. It flew with the PNGDF until the late 1980's, when all C-47's were phased out. The aircraft was retained for display, and can currently been seen standing on pylons at Jackson Airport.
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

When I was in Colombia, I saw all kinds of gate guards/static displays of retired FAC aircraft, P-47's, F-86's, T-33's, C-46 & C-47's, retired 707's piled on top of each other awaiting the scrapper's torch yet flying in and out of the field were Basler BT-67's and not far from there, several old C-47's & DC-3's in stark contrast with the modern jets and turbo props. The old Douglas seems the most timeless of vintage birds!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

There is actually 3, one is in the Airways hotel, and another on the other side of the airport (over near the WWII revetments)

JanKees-

The old girl is lovely in her new clothes... as usual with your work... but what scenery is that? Looks great too!

Carl

Members who have read this thread: 0