Looks like Rob Richardson's at it again!!!

Thread: Looks like Rob Richardson's at it again!!!

Looks like Rob Richardson's at it again!!!

Venom NF2 In the works!! Can't wait for this! I've been hoping this one would warrant his attentions for sometime! nice one Rob

http://www.robertjamesrichardson.co.uk/

Rob is my hero! His collection of British early cold war aircraft is among my favourites in FSX.

He posted a picture for some time ago of the NF venom, maybe it was by mistake as it was soon removed. But it is a very welcome model indeed, Soon we will have both of the first gen RAF night fighters in FS!

Best regards
    Jens-Ole
    Repainting since FS5..

Quote Originally Posted by JensOle View Post
    Rob is my hero! His collection of British early cold war aircraft is among my favourites in FSX.

He posted a picture for some time ago of the NF venom, maybe it was by mistake as it was soon removed. But it is a very welcome model indeed, Soon we will have both of the first gen RAF night fighters in FS!
    Glad to see Robs site is back up. I note that he has the F106 listed, but it appears to be version 1. he had released version 2, which I have, but it had a small problem with the VC. he withdrew it and i suppose was going to fix it. Anybody know status on that?

E

Sorry the version I have of the F106 is V 1.0 I'm afraid so cant help there, But whilst were on the subject of Mr Richardson's creations does anybody know if there was ever a paint kit for the Supermarine Attacker I have a few ideas for repaints.

Hooky

I ran in to that one on Robert's page earlier today. Gonna be another great addition to my "RR" hangar
    One day without laughter, is one day without living.
    One day without Flight Simming, is one day lost living.

Quote Originally Posted by ejoiner View Post
    Glad to see Robs site is back up. I note that he has the F106 listed, but it appears to be version 1. he had released version 2, which I have, but it had a small problem with the VC. he withdrew it and i suppose was going to fix it. Anybody know status on that?

E
    I have had a few problems with the company that host my site, they were taken over by another outfit and I was unable to upload anything for a while.
    The “Six” upgrade was a casualty of the confusion (web hosts fault) at the time as unknown to me, an old model was displayed (my fault).
    I moved on to something else and filed the F106 away, when I realized there was a problem I re-posted the old model.
    It takes forever to set up for a new model ( or an old model for that matter ) so the F106 upgrade will have to wait for a while.
    The upgrade was just a small missing texture problem so probably not noticeable to anyone except me ( and a few experts experts of course)!

RobR

Quote Originally Posted by Hooky722 View Post
    Sorry the version I have of the F106 is V 1.0 I'm afraid so cant help there, But whilst were on the subject of Mr Richardson's creations does anybody know if there was ever a paint kit for the Supermarine Attacker I have a few ideas for repaints.

Hooky
    Sorry, there is no paintkit for the Attacker, I just never got around to it!

RobR

Always good to more classic British aircraft.

Many thanks Rob.

The upgrade was just a small missing texture problem so probably not noticeable to anyone except me ( and a few experts experts of course)!
    Hi Rob, the v2 F-106 had a bigger issue than that, though I am not sure how big a problem it is to fix. There appears to be a merge between the interior and exterior mdl files that causes a "bar" to appear across the middle of the VC. I think this can be fixed by adjustment of the interior model placement within the exterior mdl? Im not a modeler, so if Im talking out of my hooter here, then OK!

but that was the noticeable problem to me and others! Otherwise, superior work.

What i personally loved about your model was that it had the bubble canopy. The virtavia model has the split canopy and the F106B. So between yours and theirs you get a nice little variance thats great.

Eric

Blog Entries
    Great news Rob!

A Cold war jet - and a slightly rarer one at that - what's not to love.

thanks for your work.

dl

Rob, if you don't have time for wrapping up the Six, send it over, tell me what's left to be done and I'll do it for you.

Hi Rob, the v2 F-106 had a bigger issue than that, though I am not sure how big a problem it is to fix. There appears to be a merge between the interior and exterior mdl files that causes a "bar" to appear across the middle of the VC. I think this can be fixed by adjustment of the interior model placement within the exterior mdl? Im not a modeler, so if Im talking out of my hooter here, then OK!
    Unless Robert had other intentions with it, it looks just like a stray polygon, nothing more.

Quote Originally Posted by Bjoern View Post
    Rob, if you don't have time for wrapping up the Six, send it over, tell me what's left to be done and I'll do it for you.

Unless Robert had other intentions with it, it looks just like a stray polygon, nothing more.
    Still an issue that inteferes with visibility of the panel in the VC. Would be great if (someone) fixed it!!!

E

Still an issue that inteferes with visibility of the panel in the VC. Would be great if (someone) fixed it!!!

E
    Just download the model that's now on my site.

RobR

Thanks Rob!

Wow! I totally didn't put a name to a face, so to speak. Thank you very much Rob for adding your magnificent F-106 back to your webpage. I had been too distracted to realize what was in front of me all this time.

Matt
    ....my other Stryker is a 2019 Challenger Hellcat Redeye.....

Matt

Just recently pulled the Delta Dart out of the hangar. A handsome devil and an outstanding bit of freeware. (Like your Cessna twins and Venoms too!). Thanks again Rob.
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Members who have read this thread: 9