Is this considered stuttering?

Thread: Is this considered stuttering?

Is this considered stuttering?

I know what I have read in regards to stuttering, which is the sim pauses for a second or two, by mine is doing something I have never seen before or read about in a sim. Mine, instead of pausing, seems to rewind itself. What I mean is, imagine watching a DVD movie then hit rewind for a second then hit play.

It only seems to do this in the exterior view, I don't really see this problem in the VC.

I have FSX Gold with acceleration installed. My system is Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E4500 @ 2.20GHz (2 CPUs), ~2.2GHz, 2G of Ram, and a NVIDIA GeForce 8300 GS with 128MB RAM. I know this isn't much of a system, especially when it comes to FSX, and I am working on upgrading it soon.

I have tried all of NickN's suggestions, except the O&O defrager. The sim actually looks pretty good. The aircraft are amazing, the autogen is really slow, which is understandable with my system. I can live with it for now, but would be much more enjoyable without the rewind problem. I have tried turning everything down low, just to see what it might be, and it still happens, just not as bad. It's enough that I can't narrow it down to one particular setting.

I am just wondering what might cause this problem, mainly so I can plan on what needs upgraded the most.

Thank you!

harleyman
    It is a form of stuttering..i believe you will not tweak it out..

I believe its more related to your low amount of ram and video card ram, and may not improve untill you increase that to 4 gigs for the OS and have more ram in your vid card as well....

You have applied all the tweaks,and there is not really one just for what you are describing IMO..

A better system will go a long way in improving everything..I guess till then blink when you switch views... I know thats a lousy answer..but I really have no better if you have infact set up as Nick suggests..Hes a master at this .....

Thanks Harleyman!

I will just be patient until I can upgrade my system.:friday:

harleyman
    FSx also loves its CPU in the range of 3.2 to 3.6

Quad or Duel makes no real difference ......

But a Quad will do more ,for more money too.......LOL

Happiness Consultant
    B .. b .... b... but but but ....

Sorry! couldn't help myself.
    "Trust no man living with power to endanger the public liberty!" John Adams 1772

Snuffy / Ted

harleyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Snuffy View Post
    B .. b .... b... but but but ....

Sorry! couldn't help myself.

Are ya cold Snuffy? LOL