Aerosoft F-14 Tomcat - RELEASED - Page 4
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Aerosoft F-14 Tomcat - RELEASED

Yep, a very cool feature of the intercept scenarios. You can swap out the included Su-27 Flanker or Tu-95 Bear for anything else -- friend or foe.

Quote Originally Posted by zsoltquack View Post

Quote Originally Posted by scaber View Post
    Yep, just watched it again about 3 weeks ago. Obviously we are all living in the glorious past in our simming world! But it's the best place to be imo. I wasn't planning on getting this as I alread fly Dino's one, but after looking at all the great screen captures I can feel myself being drawn into serious temptation . . ..
    I do believe Nick aka: 'choppernut' sat back and watched the movie again last night ... might have him hooked into a multiplay
    Quote Originally Posted by waka172
    Nice shot it was a great night
    Great trying out the little A4 against the F-14 , great night nights MP

I did Today video tutorial for catapult launch.

Watch in HD, the best way I think .
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Quote Originally Posted by YoYo View Post
    I did Today video tutorial for catapult launch.

Watch in HD, the best way I think .
    YoYo, awesome video, I felt like I am watching the movie More, more, more !

Very nice YoYo!
    Flavio - P3D v4.5 - MSFS 2020 - Win 11 Pro 64
    i912900KF 5.2ghz - ASUS TUFZ690 - AIO Cooler Master PL360 Flux Masterliquid - 32gb Kingston Fury 3600mhz - Asus RTX 2080 Super - AGON 32'' AG323FCXE 165mhz -
    MCP 737R 2015 Virtual Avionics - SSDs M2 2Tb+1Tb XPG

Fantastic video Yoyo, perfect for a noob like me. thank you for generating and posting.

Matt
    ....my other Stryker is a 2019 Challenger Hellcat Redeye.....

Matt

Outstanding video, YoYo. I could almost smell my sweaty flight suit!

Really well done tutorial vid... I actually like the music even though everyone plays it haha!
    FAA ZMP
    PPL ASEL

| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | EVGA GTX1080 Ti | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X |

Really well done video! I've been following the checklists, and I appreciate how you've condensed it down into the essentials.

Good stuff there!

Blog Entries
    Hi,

Two questions for the group:

• what are the included liveries?

• How are FPS compared to other full-detailed, comparable avionics aircraft? Say, Razbam A-7 series?

thanks,

dl

Great video Yoyo! Watching the start-up procedure has left me wondering how Maverick ever got his machine into the air?!

I have to admit I'm still on the fence over this one. I've looked at a ton of screen shots and I can't help be feel the both the VC and external shots I've seen have a bit of a 'cartoony' look. Have I got this totally wrong?

This video does a nice slow pan around and inside the aircraft:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iwYJL2VYmPA

It has helped me to get a sense of what's causing my hesitation. What I'm not seeing are some of the texturing details that I've come to expect.. the spectral sheen of the sun off the fuselage, the metallic gleam of the gear struts and VC switches, VC shadows.. this sort of thing.
    Your English is better than my French, German, Italian, Spanish.... so no worries my friends!

Quote Originally Posted by odourboy View Post
    Great video Yoyo! Watching the start-up procedure has left me wondering how Maverick ever got his machine into the air?!

I have to admit I'm still on the fence over this one. I've looked at a ton of screen shots and I can't help be feel the both the VC and external shots I've seen have a bit of a 'cartoony' look. Have I got this totally wrong?

This video does a nice slow pan around and inside the aircraft:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iwYJL2VYmPA

It has helped me to get a sense of what's causing my hesitation. What I'm not seeing are some of the texturing details that I've come to expect.. the spectral sheen of the sun off the fuselage, the metallic gleam of the gear struts and VC switches, VC shadows.. this sort of thing.
    Looks great in Prepar3D Also keep in mind that there are 300+ switches inside that cockpit so we had to think about performance too.

Quote Originally Posted by neutrino View Post
    Looks great in Prepar3D Also keep in mind that there are 300+ switches inside that cockpit so we had to think about performance too.

That's one of the best screenies I've seen so far! To be fair, while I've come to expect a lot of eye-candy I have to say that the apparent systems depth and FDE seem outstanding. The compressor stall, flat spin and air restart video John Cagle posted on Youtu.be is impressive.
    Your English is better than my French, German, Italian, Spanish.... so no worries my friends!

Thanks YoYo for the start up video. I saved it as a tutorial for my efforts at cold start. The music brings back memories and the desire to check out "Top Gun" again.
    Regards, Tom Stovall KRDD

Nice job on the tutorial vid. I don't see it in the AS manuals, but my "D" NATOPS (flight manual) has an abbreviated "alert" launch checklist. The crews sitting alert would have already done a full systems check. Also, no lights on deck.
    Fly Navy/Army
    USN SAR
    DUSTOFF/ARMY PROPS

This is excellent, Nice work by all involved.
    One question (so far)- anyone have trouble launching from Kitty Hawk?
    I have full flaps set, launch bar engaged in (imaginary shuttle) and aircraft in tension (shift+ i), throttles firewalled (equivalent of zone 5) and aircraft wont launch after pressing Shift+spacebar. Handler (ACHO) is yelling at me to select zone 5 - can't get any higher up on the throttles, and mashing F4 doesnt change anything.

So, "suspend cat" (1,2,3 or 4 - doesnt really matter), and off we go on the "taxi of shame" back to the six pack.
    Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.
    Deke

Have you checked your hardware calibration? There's code written into the F-14 to go to Zone 5 with a double tap of F4 (once for MIL, second for Zone 5). The only way that should be able to be changed is if a hardware input then selects less than Zone 5.

I would encourage to look here if you use FS-UIPC:
    http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?...on-in-fs-uipc/

and follow-up here if you are still having issues so we can get back to you quicker. (I know this is fast response time, but I check the support forums much more frequently)
    http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/forum/686-f-14-x/

P.S. Great screenshot Noddy!

I had the same problem at one time. My throttles weren't quite getting to 100% and thus setting off the "Not Zone 5" logic. Have you tried recalibrating?

F-14A by Aerosoft ILS Landing on USS Kitty HAWK

Ahh, yes, its a my "old" video with ILS>TACAN of CV-63, not edited, nothing special, just from FSX .
    Thank you for your attention @gray eagle.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

A question to the Aerosoft team: If there is going to be a patch or update for any reason later on, Is it possible to make the USS Kitty Hawk a separate model that go's into the aircraft folder and is made drivable with maybe 6 camera views or less , a basic control bridge nothing fancy, all this to be added to your TOMCATX package for people to multi-play. I know one person has to drive/command the carrier - be the CAG so to speak, it would be one heck of an added feature.

Quote Originally Posted by delta_lima View Post
    Hi,

Two questions for the group:

• what are the included liveries?

• How are FPS compared to other full-detailed, comparable avionics aircraft? Say, Razbam A-7 series?

thanks,

dl
    F-14A Pre 1986:
    VF-1, 1976
    VF-14, 1976
    VF-24, 1976
    VF-114, 1977

F-14A Post 1986:
    VF-2, 1991
    VF-32, 1989
    VF-41, 1991
    VF-111, 1989
    VF-154, 1998

F-14B:
    VF-101, 2004
    VF-102, 2002
    VF-103, 2005
    VF-143, 2005

I have the A-7 packages but haven't really flown them in a while so don't recall to compare. I can say that there is little if any FPS impact on my one year old system with this F-14 package.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by fsafranek View Post
    F-14A Pre 1986:
    VF-1, 1976
    VF-14, 1976
    VF-24, 1976
    VF-114, 1977

F-14A Post 1986:
    VF-2, 1991
    VF-32, 1989
    VF-41, 1991
    VF-111, 1989
    VF-154, 1998

F-14B:
    VF-101, 2004
    VF-102, 2002
    VF-103, 2005
    VF-143, 2005

I have the A-7 packages but haven't really flown them in a while so don't recall to compare. I can say that there is little if any FPS impact on my one year old system with this F-14 package.

Perfect - thanks Frank!

dl

Hello,
    the new tutorial for F-14. Now the time to show some of functions of radar AN/AWG-9 and how to operate AIM-54 Phoenix - the one from biggest and advanced air to air missiles in aviation history.
    Beyond Visual Range attack.

For full operations (like in video) You need TacPack but many of these functions work without TP too.
    Here is example key bindings from lua file (FSUiPC), so not many "mouse clicks" for "military keys" in VC too.
    I hope You like it.

Members who have read this thread: 2