Aerosoft F-14 Tomcat - RELEASED
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Aerosoft F-14 Tomcat - RELEASED

Aerosoft F-14 Tomcat - RELEASED

The Aerosoft F-14 Tomat is finally released after 3 years in development. You can get it here: http://www.aerosoft.com/products/f-14-x/f-14-x.html

The package also includes the USS Kitty Hawk (CV-63).

Downloading.

Dave

looking sweet
    Thursday, November 27 2014 I Lost My Best Friend My Uncle! He Was Amazing person He was a volunteer For Las Vegas metro Police he will be missed, I Volunteer with him Many Times With LVMPD And USFS

THOMAS CURTIS
    Thursday Nov 27th 2014

==Punisher of Arizona == Thin Blue Line

Take my breath away..
    Intel i5-2500K - Zotac GTX 750 Ti - 4GB G-Skills - Gigabyte B75M - Simbada 500 W PSU - 17' LED

Can other aircraft be used with the Kittyhawk, or just the F-14?
    If you know the avatar, you know the man!
    M/B: Asus Z170 Deluxe - CPU: i7 6700k - RAM: 16Gb Corsair DDR4 3200mhz - Vid: Asus GTX970
    Windows 10 (x64) on M.2 SSD - FS Software on: Sata SSD

Quote Originally Posted by dougal95 View Post
    Can other aircraft be used with the Kittyhawk, or just the F-14?
    You can use any aircraft. It is a fully functional carrier compatible with AICarriers utility. The FLOLS will even adapt to the current aircraft you are flying to compensate for hook-to-eye distance, so for example if you are flying Dino's T-45 and keep the ball centered, you should be able to trap the 3 wire.
    Last edited by neutrino; December 4th, 2014 at 08:44.

Holly Molly, comes with the Kittyhawk! That's a surprise.

Quote Originally Posted by neutrino View Post
    You can use any aircraft. It is a fully functional carrier. The FLOLS will even adapt to the current aircraft you are flying to compensate for hook-to-eye distance, so for example if you are flying Dino's T-45 and keep the ball centered, you should be able to trap the 3 wire.
    Now THAT makes it a REALLY interesting and worthwhile package....
    If you know the avatar, you know the man!
    M/B: Asus Z170 Deluxe - CPU: i7 6700k - RAM: 16Gb Corsair DDR4 3200mhz - Vid: Asus GTX970
    Windows 10 (x64) on M.2 SSD - FS Software on: Sata SSD

Awesome - congrats for the release!

Btw. the best way - to do whole check list, it isnt very long.
    Just some of practice and will be fine.

If You like to start always on the carrier deck on Your favorite place:

1/ take a free flight with F-14
    2/ use a carrier list from TacPack Menu (if You have) - 2, next 0, next 3 (take the USS Kittyhawk), create it before You (remember about the water )
    3/ land on the deck and stop the carrier, turn off all systems and engines of Tomcat or push C&D.
    4/ Take P key (pause) and save a flight and close FSX
    5/ go to Your saved flights (C:\Users\user\Documents\Flight Simulator X Files...). Take this save file. Locate the line SimOnGround=True and change to SimOnGround=False. After saving theflight it should now load in FSX with the aircraft on the flight deck
    6/ now You can take every time Your save flight with F-14. Model will be saved as C&D in the air, You will have Pause - take TacPack menu and create USS Kittyhawk in Your place: You will be on the deck. If You want use "Y" key to change a posiotion of aircraft on the deck of carrier.

You will start from the deck . You can move the carrier too.

Enjoy.

btw. for examle I created some of this place with save files for carrier - from real scenarios - near Iraq, near Lybia, near US border, ect.
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Great job. It is a pleasure to see a couple of my ships sailing in such a great project

Congratulations

I've got to say I'm very surprised by the price. Considering all the extras (Kitty Hawk) and functionality, I was honestly expecting this to be a $50+ package...but it's not even $40! That's a pleasant shock.

I'd be curious to hear some first opinions after people have had a few days to play around with the Tomcat. I'm not usually a military flyer, but this looks very tempting....particularly at that price point.
    -Mark

Quote Originally Posted by jagl04 View Post
    Great job. It is a pleasure to see a couple of my ships sailing in such a great project

Congratulations

Just to be clear this is an F-14A? Dino's is an F-14D. Nice to have two versions as I am completely satisfied with Dinos work but with the Kittyhawk and a different version F-14, thats another deal.

Congratulations on the release! Quite an impressive work! Got it straight away!

Disappointment though came right after trying a carrier scenario in P3D. The carrier and other ships wake effects are still 2d and not compatible with P3D 3d waves. Quick and dirty screen below:

I was promised a screenshot in the development thread for this exact thing and although I never got one I was sure this would have been implemented. Flying mostly in P3D these days this is quite annoying. Couldn't find anything in the documents about this either.

Is something going to be done about this? I don't want to belittle the overall awesomeness of this package but for me that little thing was quite an important decision factor. Apologies for mentioning a P3D issue in the FSX forum but this is the F-14 thread.

GORGEOUS ! just simply that

Hello Dimus, i have p3d too and i saw this effect here. The same.
    I´m not an .fx expert, but did you try to exchange the effect in the Kitty Hawk sim.cfg?
    The parameter is "wake =". Tried to exchange to a .fx p3d default effect to see what happens?
    Flavio - P3D v4.5 - MSFS 2020 - Win 11 Pro 64
    i912900KF 5.2ghz - ASUS TUFZ690 - AIO Cooler Master PL360 Flux Masterliquid - 32gb Kingston Fury 3600mhz - Asus RTX 2080 Super - AGON 32'' AG323FCXE 165mhz -
    MCP 737R 2015 Virtual Avionics - SSDs M2 2Tb+1Tb XPG

Charter Member 2010
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Peg o my heart View Post
    Take my breath away..
    I don't think most people got the pun (or if you intended it that way), but well played. Can't wait to add this one to my hangar, but in honor of the moment hear it is woot woot!!!

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/Bx51eegLTY8" frameBorder="0" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>
    Steve
    FSX Hours: 3000+

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ejoiner View Post
    Just to be clear this is an F-14A? Dino's is an F-14D. Nice to have two versions as I am completely satisfied with Dinos work but with the Kittyhawk and a different version F-14, thats another deal.
    Correct Eric - A model. The earlier avionics and TF30 P&W engines ...

dl

ps - yes, got Peg's joke the first time - bravo!

Quote Originally Posted by ejoiner View Post
    Partly correct. It also includes a re-engined B model, but no D.

Quote Originally Posted by mgchrist5 View Post
    I've got to say I'm very surprised by the price. Considering all the extras (Kitty Hawk) and functionality, I was honestly expecting this to be a $50+ package...but it's not even $40! That's a pleasant shock.

I'd be curious to hear some first opinions after people have had a few days to play around with the Tomcat. I'm not usually a military flyer, but this looks very tempting....particularly at that price point.
    I was shocked too by the low price. I just made the purchase and waiting for download link.

It's a great model (both the A & B) and there's lots of features with & without TacPac. The Flight Dynamics are incredible and as anyone who flies her will notice, it's not at all forgiving of ham handed pilots. If you check the Engine Fires & Compressor Stalls for the TF30 powered A model, things get even more tricky. Note that with the GE F110 powered B model, de-selecting the Compressor Stalls(and possibly the Engine Fires setting) is probably more accurate as the F110 is more care free in throttle movements than the TF30. All in all, if you learn to master this model, you can pretty much fly anything but at least with this package you do have the option to tone down certain trickier aspects of F-14 operations. BTW, I really like the Intercept Missions Flights!
    Attachment 16328Attachment 16327Attachment 16326Attachment 16325

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

All these screenshots look very nice, but I can't believe no one has posted a video. I realize it's just release but all I could find were months old, I assume from beta testers. I would thought there would be an "official" trailer at least.

Steve

My first impression,
    That looks absolutely amazing. And to have this in Prepar3D, oh am I ever tempted.

The aircraft carrier, can it be moved to another point easily. Like what's mentioned about moving the aircraft around the deck with the "Y" key and then saving flight. Can the whole scenario be moved like this and then save flight? Will the carrier stay there? Or is there a traffic pattern that would need to be made that it needs to follow?

I know, too many questions. LOL

Members who have read this thread: 2