Aerosoft F-14 Tomcat - RELEASED - Page 7
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Aerosoft F-14 Tomcat - RELEASED

just order my copy of this amazing plane
    Thursday, November 27 2014 I Lost My Best Friend My Uncle! He Was Amazing person He was a volunteer For Las Vegas metro Police he will be missed, I Volunteer with him Many Times With LVMPD And USFS

THOMAS CURTIS
    Thursday Nov 27th 2014

==Punisher of Arizona == Thin Blue Line

I am tossing up to get this, looks realy good
    You take it easy.. and have a nice day

Retired SOH Administrator Ferry_vO's Avatar
    Got mine from pcaviator.com.au last week, as it was the cheapest there (On 10% off Tuesday) with the strong USD compared to the Euro. It is a great aircraft, with some fantastic repaints available!
    Bit heavy on the framerate when the smoke effects are displayed in external view. Makes a nice pair with Dino's F-14D models!

(Would love to see some low-vis VF-111 Sundowners paints though, still missing those)
    Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

got my copy from just flight it was $35.37 with store points used

Last edited by Cirrus N210MS; March 11th, 2015 at 08:23.
    Thursday, November 27 2014 I Lost My Best Friend My Uncle! He Was Amazing person He was a volunteer For Las Vegas metro Police he will be missed, I Volunteer with him Many Times With LVMPD And USFS

THOMAS CURTIS
    Thursday Nov 27th 2014

==Punisher of Arizona == Thin Blue Line

Just peaked around Aerosoft to see if an update for the F-14 was ever released. I purchased mine from PC Aviator and they list ver.1.10 as current, which I've got. Several bugs were noted and passed on to Aerosoft, but after 5-6 month, I dont see any fixes. Has anyone heard anything?

-Jeff
    I pass gas!

Quote Originally Posted by ST0RM View Post
    Just peaked around Aerosoft to see if an update for the F-14 was ever released. I purchased mine from PC Aviator and they list ver.1.10 as current, which I've got. Several bugs were noted and passed on to Aerosoft, but after 5-6 month, I dont see any fixes. Has anyone heard anything?

-Jeff
    Hi Jeff, on Aerosoft the latest download is the same as you have, version 1.10

Hank

AS support forum, posted <abbr class="published" itemprop="commentTime" title="2015-06-08T19:05:32+00:00">08 June 2015 - 21:05 by</abbr> John Cagle:

Hello All, My apologies for the delay. The long pause in communication falls on me; I'm a 4th year PhD candidate (while also working a lab manager in a prosthetic research group) and have been spread particularly thin over the last six months between work and school. With that said, progress on the second service pack is beginning to kick into higher gear. Two major items of note are that a third F-14 driver contacted us in March, and he has been quite helpful in pointing out some subtleties in the cockpit that we can improve and make more accurate. Bad news is that our primary visual systems programmer (JR), has left the team because of personal issues. This means our capacity to improve items such as radar function are going to be limited. Mathijs has been particularly helpful in trying to find someone to fill in the gap.

On the timescale for release. Given the two items above, we're talking about splitting the second service pack into two parts where the first pack addresses some of the more quick and fundamental issues (i.e. bugs) and the latter part addresses parts that will take a little longer to implement. As we reorganize, we'll start to get more detailed about what will be included in which pack. Please feel free to ask questions, and I'll answer to the best of my ability.

Thank you all for your patience

Best,
    John

Quote Originally Posted by hschuit View Post
    AS support forum, posted <ABBR class=published title=2015-06-08T19:05:32+00:00 itemprop="commentTime">08 June 2015 - 21:05 by</ABBR> John Cagle:

Hello All, My apologies for the delay. The long pause in communication falls on me; I'm a 4th year PhD candidate (while also working a lab manager in a prosthetic research group) and have been spread particularly thin over the last six months between work and school. With that said, progress on the second service pack is beginning to kick into higher gear. Two major items of note are that a third F-14 driver contacted us in March, and he has been quite helpful in pointing out some subtleties in the cockpit that we can improve and make more accurate. Bad news is that our primary visual systems programmer (JR), has left the team because of personal issues. This means our capacity to improve items such as radar function are going to be limited. Mathijs has been particularly helpful in trying to find someone to fill in the gap.

On the timescale for release. Given the two items above, we're talking about splitting the second service pack into two parts where the first pack addresses some of the more quick and fundamental issues (i.e. bugs) and the latter part addresses parts that will take a little longer to implement. As we reorganize, we'll start to get more detailed about what will be included in which pack. Please feel free to ask questions, and I'll answer to the best of my ability.

Thank you all for your patience

Best,
    John
    Thanks for the update John; it's much appreciated! Keep making a great aircraft even greater!

"Hornets by mandate, Tomcats by choice!"

This is truly a great aircraft! I have one problem though..... I can't get her to launch from the catapult. Having followed everything to the letter in the instruction I'm at a loss. I read in the Aerosoft forum that I'm not the only one, but I didn't see a solution.

Can anyone here help please?

Cees

I remember I had this problem and the issue is that you have to get to stage 5 A/B setting. My joystick throttle needed calibration for that. Alternatively I think you can use F4 to ensure 100% throttle setting.

Quote Originally Posted by Dimus View Post
    I remember I had this problem and the issue is that you have to get to stage 5 A/B setting. My joystick throttle needed calibration for that. Alternatively I think you can use F4 to ensure 100% throttle setting.
    Yes, but I have done that. Still no cigar.

Cees

Hello Mate

Reading of your problems, I thought I'd give it a go myself. Being one of the great unwashed who bought this set 90% for the carrier and 10% for the F14, I've not spent a great deal of time in the F14 (shoddy I know as this is a stunning model). I can't recall having 'worked' her before on carrier ops so I read the manual (fascinating as Mr Spock would say). Having trapped.. I had the manual open at the relevant section and followed it as best I could. First thing that didn't appear to work for me was shift+w to crouch the nose leg although I have to say it looked pretty crouched. I tried this a few times with no visual indication anything had happened. Anywho.. NWS was working so I'd been able to get to the cat ok. Shift+i got me into launch mode though looking at the manual now.. I guess I should have used shift+l. It was all getting busy and I didn't want a telling off. I only did this a few moments ago and already I can't remember if I did actually hit shift+l too Whatever.. she pulled down and the blast deflectors came up so I presumed all was good. Got a telling off for not being at zone 5 (I thought I was) so pushed the throttles to the stop.. waited for the needles to bend then hit shift+spacebar. I didn't actually leave like a scolded cat but I reckon 150kts was up as I left the deck. I've no idea where the inlet ramp controls are but I didn't sink to the sea so got away with it.

The gear wouldn't come up.. I presumed I'd broken it but it did eventually come up with shift+g.. no, probably ctrl+g.

I love the Tomcat pilots briefing though to do it as 'natural' as he describes would take many many hours so I'll continue to blag it for now. All I can say is that it's worked for me though I have to say, not exactly as described in the manual. I may not have water rudder mapped.. I'll have to check. I'll also make a point of finding where the inlet ram controls are!!

Have you tried using it on any other carrier or just Kitty Hawk?
    ATB
    DaveB

The inlet ramp controls are just above the engine crank switch. If they are not in auto there is a good chance you are going to get a flame out on launch
    A bit above that next to the gear handle is the Kneel switch that you operate before the Shift-I
    At launch, rotate smartly to 15 degrees pitch and you should be off and running.

Cheers Joe Bob

I actually found the kneel switch while trying to get the gear up after launch. Thinking about it.. when I took off from Culdrose, the intention was to load up Kitty and 'land on'. Because of this, I left the aircraft dirty (gear down and flaps 1 notch) rather than cleaning up and loading Kitty.

I really must try and use the F14 more because it really is good. The only downside is that I much prefer the D and habitually go for that version.
    ATB
    DaveB

Cees, what boat are you using? I've never had any major issues with launch, if I did I just moved to a different catapult on Javier's CVs. For those starting out, you can cancel out the engine issue in the ACM prior to take off, otherwise get good at air starts if you are sloppy on the pedals. For newbs, suggest flying the "B" to have tame engines and HUD. Pre-start make sure the ramps are AUTO and the Throttle Mode/Temp are BOOST/NORM (not sure if these are even working). Highly suggest mapping your stick as well, key commands like the wing sweep, flaps, and NWS (needed for autopilot) make the flying less challenging until you get to the boat!
    Fly Navy/Army
    USN SAR
    DUSTOFF/ARMY PROPS

I'm using the Kitty or the Nimitz. Same result. A lot of useful information here! Wether it gets me catapulted? I'll let you know tomorrow. First I must get some sleep and then my pupils are craving for my lessons in Dutch language. Wish it was already weekend!

Night,

Cees

Cees,

The teeter-totter question should be, if you're locked into the CAT, does a green message bar appear when you try to launch? If yes, then it might be setup, and should provide a hint to the problem.

If the answer is no, then it may be deeper. Also, what version of the sim are you running?

Quote Originally Posted by JohnC View Post
    Cees,

The teeter-totter question should be, if you're locked into the CAT, does a green message bar appear when you try to launch? If yes, then it might be setup, and should provide a hint to the problem.

If the answer is no, then it may be deeper. Also, what version of the sim are you running?
    I'll take a look later. I tried it in the Steam edition and in the normal FSX.

Cees

One (major) issue is that there is an error in the latest complete build for FSX Steam. Instead of the Gold/Acceleration fileset, it installs the FSX SP2 fileset (e.g. carrier-incompatible).

To fix it; uninstall the current version and then install the Gold/Acceleration version, and manually point the installer to the FSX Steam directory.

One (major) issue is that there is an error in the latest complete build for FSX Steam. Instead of the Gold/Acceleration fileset, it installs the FSX SP2 fileset (e.g. carrier-incompatible).

To fix it; uninstall the current version and then install the Gold/Acceleration version, and manually point the installer to the FSX Steam directory.
    Yes! That is the solution! Thank you John!

Cees

Great plane!

Great! Glad you were able to get her working.

Great! Glad you were able to get her working.
    I'm having a ball with this magnificent rendition!

Cees

Update (or service pack, as you wish) is really close now...

While waiting for the update... blasting thru the sky in this video!

"Time is God's way of keeping everything from happening at once"

Release of update is now planned for next Wednesday, March 9th.

Members who have read this thread: 2