CFS3 WMScenery Alt replacement texture for Summer/Spring

Thread: CFS3 WMScenery Alt replacement texture for Summer/Spring

CFS3 WMScenery Alt replacement texture for Summer/Spring

If anyone interested with my ground texture as seen in my screenshots thread, i can release it "As-Is" but it's for summer or spring replacement only and only tested with WMScenery
    actually this's for my personal use but i think it's good to share it with ppl, i've been using it for my CFS2 as i found some useful texture inside my CFS2 folder
    and i think that's a good idea to put it on CFS3..voilaaa it works well but not in low altitude
    this's not the best but rather as an alternative sight if you're boring with just flat color texture in CFS3 but i recommend you to use it with sweetfx or ENB or maybe combine both

here's my final ( i can also release my enb settings as seen in this samples if anyone like the color - the result might be bit different depends on what your monitor color settings, brightness,saturation,contrast)
    *This sample taken using Nvidia GT745M with ENB - No bloom, No blur, No DOF..just color correction and full customized configoverrides setup)*

Cheers,
    Woki

Here's download link *A bit big*
    Make sure you make backup first in case you didn't like it

For WMScenery only (i dunno if it works also without WMScenery installed)

i also included my enb setting, if ENB doesn't work at first try to press Alt+Tab then press Alt+Tab again to back ingame
    Never turn on ENB at the same time you start turn the engine on at first take off or it will crash

http://www.mediafire.com/download/p2...er_ENB_ETO.rar
    Last edited by wiekniera; December 4th, 2014 at 22:33.

SOH-CM-2020
    Thanks a lot, always good to try new things!

Quote Originally Posted by Daiwilletti View Post
    Thanks a lot, always good to try new things!
    Thanks ! hope u enjoy it but i need some screenshots so i can compare it how far the diffrence...can you post yours?

SOH-CM-2020
    Have not as yet installed it, sadly. Current ETO is "wobbly" because of all the new stuff being tested. I want to get a stable install first so have decided to wait for the Christmas Version!!

@Daiwiletti
    Ahh i see..everyone is waiting for it including me..time for another experiment

btw someone ask how much the difference with or without enb? here's i give comparison between my enb & original look
    (fyi: i don't recommend it to play on night mission or dusk with my enb as they're not design to play at dark)

Original without ENB

With ENB

Finally after tweaking WMscenery a bit, this fs2004 stuff looks beautiful on my CFS3...Thanks to WMScenery Team effort for making this addon, without this addon seems pretty hard to use some fs2004 stuff!
    now the ground texture looks more solid & really nice at high distance than before even playin without enb/swetfx still great !

Last edited by wiekniera; December 13th, 2014 at 10:31.

Last edited by wiekniera; December 13th, 2014 at 08:01.

Sulphur,South West Louisiana in the good'ol USA
    Blog Entries
    Fantastic!

i'll release soon another version of FSX land texture as wmscenery alternative replacement spring/summer
    All credits goes to original creator not me, as im only convert & tweak the color just for fun because it's all about an idea

Here's some preview without ENB/SweetFX still using old Shader.xml and old Ankor shader not the newest 1.50

Last edited by wiekniera; December 18th, 2014 at 19:10.

Looking really good.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    www3.telus.net/murrdaka/

Again these later ones great!

Cato said "Carthaginem esse delendam"
    I say "Carthago iam diu deleta,sed enim Bellum Alium adhuc aedificandum est"

Thank you Led zeppelin & Mongoose !!

It's already on final stage now but due to my Internet provider stil on maintenance and so slow for uploading the file so i've to delay the release, as it's was plan to be released on night of the Christmas and i hope before night of new year

Btw this's high res 1024x1024 24bit tiles but in game it's has scaledown to 384 due to the ETO map design, i think it's the best game setting for the looks as it will show most of the part in texture file also this can be forced to 512 but sadly losing some good part of the texture itself, yet stil lookin good
    If ETO team can increase the map or makin new map for the tiles of 512 setting for images 1024x1024 that looks would be much much better, as i've seen 512 settings is lookin best also but just lose some part of texture if use this fsx 1024x1024 tile
    Im only beginner at all this stuff, I' just saying from what im experimenting but im not an expert at all this stuff, this's just an idea that came cross of my mind
    Last edited by wiekniera; December 26th, 2014 at 01:29.

here's some preview of the latest build with SweetFX (still using MAW suneffect.xml, Shader.xml 1.40, cubictest 1.40 and Old Ankor self shadow)

I prefer the previous ones with the P47. ;-)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    www3.telus.net/murrdaka/

@led zepplin
    that one without sweetfx? hmmm that's still unfinished but i still use that some of texture and maybe because that sweetfx and different angle so looks different but they're the same one. the last pic is the final one with adding some highres city and farm

SOH-CM-2021
    Blog Entries
    WOW!! I like the darker set up personally.
    I am using your files in my advanced CFS3 install, and in my Advanced ETO install.
    testing and changing (Water colors) to experiment with.
    Learning what settings for my monitor and video card to work best for my machine.

I need to reinstall WM scenery 4.7 am working from files I set up Many Many years ago. in my advanced CFS3 install.
    Learned to pick it apart( reverse engineering) back in the day and select what I wanted to load and set up in the assets folder.
    Back then, I had a small Hard drive and only used what I wanted, to save space on the hard drive, now that isn't a problem..

So I will reinstall WM scenery into a stock CFS3 install and pick it back apart adding the Winter texture (full snow)
    to my ETO advanced set up and a few other items.
    I know will enhance the various installs.
    again back into learning and experimenting mode..

CFS3 advanced Win 7.
    Morning, Autumn with snow, WM scenery. P-39 > B-24 Autumn (no snow) afternoon WM scenery..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails CFS3 AD 003.jpg   CFS3 AD 001.jpg   CFS3 AD 004.jpg   CFS3 AD 002.jpg  

@Hobbit
    it's darker because of sunlight effect when the clouds fill it so the ground become darker
    oh i just upload my 2nd texture owen, go get it and make some of your best action shots with it !
    btw why there's lot of trees on your map?? is that WMscenery?? i never see that much trees

SOH-CM-2021
    Blog Entries
    I learned to pick apart WM scenery years ago, and use the bits I wanted.
    And with the various files in the assents folder I use, learned to increase the amount of ground objects, trees. buildings and such.
    I can send you the files for this, compositescenerybudgets, compositetexturebudgets, meshbuilderbudgets.

Have a big factor on what you see, and how you see it, the ones I use are from, Master David,(Daiwilletti) (Meshbuilderbudgets_v2) uploaded to SOH.
    I just tweaked them to increase amounts of objects.
    I like the effects from this, more to see on the ground.
    Hobbits likes trees..

my pleasure owen...send it pls, worth to try !

Members who have read this thread: 0