swordfish

Thread: swordfish

Kurier auf Stube...pauke! NachtPiloten's Avatar

Icon9 swordfish

Need a hand - can someone send me the main folder for the swordfish? I do not have MAW/ETO installed right now and need all the folders and files so I can mod them and get the pylons finished.

(email addy removed by moderator)

Done

Thanks to Firestorm!

Still looking forward to a Swordfish with a prop, Ted!

Why don't you just use the ground crew one with the MAW cockpit and weapons for now??? I did it back then.. and I liked said outcome!!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Shot12-05-14-19-33-06.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	34.7 KB 
ID:	16353Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Shot12-05-14-19-33-14.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	45.4 KB 
ID:	16354
    You must never ASSUME, because when you ASSUME, you make an ASS out of U and ME!!!!!!!!!-Benny Hill

Ted has kindly taken it upon himself to add a prop to the MAW Swordfish, and I'll wager you'll like this outcome even better!

re-member,remem-ma-member popsaka's Avatar
    Many thanx, Ted

The DR_S-fish_Float does not have propeller either, hope that Ted will also address this problem .

The other models were corrected earlier this year. http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...ight=swordfish

It's only the float model that still needs to be addressed.
    US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorMagee View Post
    The other models were corrected earlier this year. http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...ight=swordfish

Where, where, where??? I just sifted through the thread again and found some bits and pieces, and a model that someone said won't render a skin. Are there 2 seat and 3 seat stand alones with the MAW skins? I just looked in the Downloads section and can't find anything either. What'd I miss?

Thanks!!!

Ok, now I'm catching up. I just assumed M3D's with the MAW skins would be uploaded somewhere, but after reading the thread again I think I'm going to have to do the texture fix myself. Can someone recommend a hex editor to use. I guess what I need to do is replace the M3D files for each MAW stand alone with the new files supplied by Ted and then open them with a hex editor and change the texture to the MAW texture for each stand alone. Is that correct?

Thanks! (Can't believe I've been sitting here for over a month waiting for the prop when I should have been doing something myself all along...lol)

Once I replace the texture entries for the default MAW stand alones should I upload the M3D files somewhere so they can be easily used by newbs (like me!)?

Quote Originally Posted by Kodiak View Post
    Once I replace the texture entries for the default MAW stand alones should I upload the M3D files somewhere so they can be easily used by newbs (like me!)?
    You might have to ask the members of the Desert Rats team for permission before you can upload the M3D files once you get them converted for the specific textures. I believe Nachtpiloten had to ask them before he uploaded the updated model with the propeller from the start.

The other swordfish models josepicos mentioned adding a virtual cockpit can be found here :http://www.mrjmaint.com/RegsHanger/G...3%20Planes.php

It's a lot easier to just add a VC to the Groundcrew Swordfish then to figure out how a Hex editor works.

Lt. Heinz Becker

Australia Mate! living the good life in Gods Country
    Hi Guys,

Kodiak, Hex editing is easy. I use a hex editor called XV132, its free just google it. when you open the model file in the hex editor you get to panels of information, the one on the right is where you want to look for texture name editing.

Use the little search tab and search by ".dds" then hit ok, it will take you to the first texture file listed. then simply scroll down reading all the texture names until you see the one you want to edit. then simple type the new name over the top of the old. (note: name must have same number of characters) then hit close and save. You'll need to look in all the model files for a given plane as main textures are used by the cockpit files as well.

delete the .bdp file in your aircraft folder and your good to go. its that simple. it looks complicated at first but once you've used it a couple of times it easy. below is a screen shot of what the hex editor looks like.

Happy to guide you through in more detail if you get stuck.

regards Rob.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails hex.jpg  
    No other success can compensate for failure in the home..

Icon4 Swordfish files

These files are property of the original artists and I was given the source files since I had worked on several other meshes from these folks. I would not modify any files without first seeking permission, which I am certain you will get but ask.

Quote Originally Posted by Capt. Winters View Post
    Hi Guys,

Kodiak, Hex editing is easy. I use a hex editor called XV132, its free just google it. when you open the model file in the hex editor you get to panels of information, the one on the right is where you want to look for texture name editing.

Use the little search tab and search by ".dds" then hit ok, it will take you to the first texture file listed. then simply scroll down reading all the texture names until you see the one you want to edit. then simple type the new name over the top of the old. (note: name must have same number of characters) then hit close and save. You'll need to look in all the model files for a given plane as main textures are used by the cockpit files as well.

delete the .bdp file in your aircraft folder and your good to go. its that simple. it looks complicated at first but once you've used it a couple of times it easy. below is a screen shot of what the hex editor looks like.

Happy to guide you through in more detail if you get stuck.

regards Rob.
    Thanks for the info, Rob. I'll get XV132 downloaded in the next day or so and give it a shot. Thanks for offering to help if I get stuck.

Cheers!

Bill

Quote Originally Posted by NachtPiloten View Post
    These files are property of the original artists and I was given the source files since I had worked on several other meshes from these folks. I would not modify any files without first seeking permission, which I am certain you will get but ask.
    Ok, Ted, I won't upload these files anywhere. Do they want a permission note from each person that updates the textures for personal use, or is it just for upload and distribution? I wasn't trying to make this difficult. How about if I just modify the files to add the stock MAW textures for personal use only. I'll leave it up to those of you more familiar with the ropes around here to get permission for distribution, or not. My original thought was just to make it easy for newbs to run the prop version of the Swordfish with the stock MAW textures, not to stir up any trouble. So I'll stay out of this and just fix them for myself

Bill

How is it comming along ?

As anybody fixed the float model ?

Any update on the subject?

Members who have read this thread: 2