Alpha Gripen
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Alpha Gripen

Alpha Gripen

Has the Alphasim Gripen been added to their freeware catalogue? I've just seen a Gripen on FlightSim which seems to have been inspired by Alphasim.

It's one of the many just posted by Mohammad Faali.
    I've no idea how good it is.

Dave

I checked it out and it is the (still) payware Virtavia Gripen. It surprises me this Mohammad Faali character is allowed to upload stuff like this at Flightsim.com... Besides that, he has been uploading a lot of other peoples work lately (such as Bill Wolfgren's Flankers) without crediting the developers in the library file description. Are they sleeping at Flightsim.com?

Quote Originally Posted by dhazelgrove View Post
    It's one of the many just posted by Mohammad Faali.
    I've no idea how good it is.

Dave
    I was trying to suggest in a subtle manner that it might not be strictly legitimate.

Noticed that too...thought that he was a prolific author but he is just assuming ownership "By Mohammad Faali"

If we take a look at aircraft.cfg we can find the names of real owners. Can´t understand how they allowed this in FlightSim...is this piracy or not?

regards

He's even left the original "readme" in the zip, which states:

COPYRIGHT INFORMATION

These files are a commercial product and should NOT be treated as freeware.
    These files may not be copied (other than for backup purposes), transmitted or passed to third parties or altered in any way without the prior permission of the publisher. Any breach of the aforementioned copyright will result in the full force of law being brought to bear on those responsible.

All rights reserved - ALPHASIM 2007

Not all files anywhere get checked in that detail on upload.
    Simply email Nels (his contact is on the FlightSim site) and suggest they may be improper and should be checked (include your concerns).

or choose the "It's someone else's problem" option

"To some the sky is the limit. To others it is home" anon.
    “Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.” -Albert Einstein

Looks to be the original model and panel that comes with the Gripen model from Alpha/Virtavia. I have a licensed copy of the FS9 jet. I DON'T have it installed in FSX. I saw this same offering this morning at Flight Sim but didn't give it much consideration until reading this thread. Seems to me that this individual has possibly taken ownership of something that does not belong to him, I would say that you could call that piracy.

BB686
    "El gato que camina como hombre" -- The cat that walks like a man

I don't have the Alphasim/Virtavia in my hangar to compare but I have sent a message to FlightSim.

Guys,
    thanks for the heads up. I have sent Phil an email informing him of the situation.

Someone might want to notify him that despite not being available under the Alphasim brand anymore, the SAAB is still sold by Virtavia.
    He should also give credit every time he uploads a complete package, not just here and there.

Looks like the Gripen was taken down immediately. This guy has no business uploading payware and promoting it as freeware. That's what we call pirating!

He needs to be informed of this fact if he doesn't alreday know it.

He been busy alright... http://www.fsxaddons.com/addons/auth...mad-faali/184/

Looks like he has "stolen" my IRIAF "Alicat" textures as well..

Best regards
    Jens-Ole
    Repainting since FS5..

I saw this guy post a F/A-18F and Mirage 2000 over at Flightsim.com today but immediately I recognized the models and belonging to KBT and Rollus. I hope somebody gets the word out to block this guy from doing what he's doing.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I'm a bit surprised that flightsim didn't pull all his items once the Gripen was removed.

If one's bad the others must surely be suspect.

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by dhazelgrove View Post
    I'm a bit surprised that flightsim didn't pull all his items once the Gripen was removed.

If one's bad the others must surely be suspect.

Dave
    As an admin for a graphics site [Wincustomize.com] when a 'rip' is uploaded/discovered it automatically taints every/all uploads by the same person. We look a little deeper [recheck the others] and typically IP-ban the person outright. [as well as withdraw all the submissions] ...

I have asked D'Andre from AirDailyX to take a look and post a warning - many simmers follow his Daily News.

Just noticed this thread but have been concerned about this Mohammad Faali guy for some time. He fails to credit anyone for the work he bundles up. Nor does he include any documentation. And what's the point anyway? Gripen aside, You can get all the stuff he bundles legally from the usual download places.

Some of the freeware stuff he had collected and redistributed was supposed to be only available from specific sites or not at all. Thor's Hammer's Rafale, the VPA Rafale, and the Gmax Academy Mirage 2000 series are three examples. I'm just waiting for him to bundle up Roland's Rafale C/M or Mirage 2000. Given the history of that I expect Dassault will come down hard on any webmasters who host those files. That will teach them to stop blindly (automated) accepting uploads.

Quote Originally Posted by fsafranek View Post
    Just noticed this thread but have been concerned about this Mohammad Faali guy for some time. He fails to credit anyone for the work he bundles up. Nor does he include any documentation. And what's the point anyway? Gripen aside, You can get all the stuff he bundles legally from the usual download places.

Some of the freeware stuff he had collected and redistributed was supposed to be only available from specific sites or not at all. Thor's Hammer's Rafale, the VPA Rafale, and the Gmax Academy Mirage 2000 series are three examples. I'm just waiting for him to bundle up Roland's Rafale C/M or Mirage 2000. Given the history of that I expect Dassault will come down hard on any webmasters who host those files. That will teach them to stop blindly (automated) accepting uploads.
    He did credit Pierre Marchadier (GMAX Academy) for the model in his posting of their Mirage 2000 over at Flight Sim, but that's about it. There was a lot more to that package than just the basic plane including multiple repaint skins, panel with gauges.... etc. I get angry when I read that someone has laid a claim to something that IS NOT THEIRS. We have nearly lost several good developers because of this...

BB686

It seems Mr Mohammed Faali is still at it, uploaded the alphasim v22 osprey for fsx to flightsim today. I could be wrong but im pretty sure that's also still a payware product. Messaged flightsim & Virtavia just to bring it to their attention.

Allen

Quote Originally Posted by assassinezzio View Post
    It seems Mr Mohammed Faali is still at it, uploaded the alphasim v22 osprey for fsx to flightsim today. I could be wrong but im pretty sure that's also still a payware product. Messaged flightsim & Virtavia just to bring it to their attention.

Allen
    It is, just purchased a few months ago to get my Osprey fix in. Noticed it ready for download today.
    Fly Navy/Army
    USN SAR
    DUSTOFF/ARMY PROPS

Quote Originally Posted by Victory103 View Post
    It is, just purchased a few months ago to get my Osprey fix in. Noticed it ready for download today.
    What disappoints me is that over 130 people have already downloaded it.
    I hope that flightsim pulls it quickly.

Dave

At Phil's request I contacted Nels at Flightsim this morning.

Hi Nels,

There is a real issue with uploads from Mohammad Faali. His latest is the V-22 Osprey. This is the original Alphasim model still sold in Pilot Shop under Phil's new company name of Virtavia. There have been 200 downloads (one by myself to verify -- check the cab file and the cfg in the panel folder -- he removed all other references). That product is currently selling for $25. That's $5000 I believe or about $1500 out of your pocket, not to mention lost profit to Phil and the rest of us who are still a part of Alphasim/Virtavia .

I urge you to stop automatically accepting uploads from this guy.

Best regards,
    Frank Safranek
    - Alphasim/Virtavia
    - Team SDB Scenery
    I just checked and the file has been taken down.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackbird686 View Post
    He did credit Pierre Marchadier (GMAX Academy) for the model in his posting of their Mirage 2000 over at Flight Sim, but that's about it. There was a lot more to that package than just the basic plane including multiple repaint skins, panel with gauges.... etc. I get angry when I read that someone has laid a claim to something that IS NOT THEIRS. We have nearly lost several good developers because of this...

BB686
    When Pierre and the GMAX Académy stopped making their aircraft available publicly following a lot of criticism of the FDE of their Mirage 2000 series they did agree, following a lot of pleading and assurances on my part, to make the Mirage 2000 series available from two sources: my website and the Virtual French Air Force website. I don't think it says that in any of the seven packages though.

The Rafale M from Bruno Mérelle (alias "Thor's Hammer" in the forums) is supposed to be available only via the Virtual French Air Force website. And the Rafale B/C from VPA was only supposed to be available from their website. That was one of their agreement points with Dassault. Both are over at Simviation but I've emailed Peter about it.

I was over at Simviation at around 11:00 MST this morning and I didn't see either the VPA or "Thors Hammer" Rafale packages, nor the GMAX Academy Mirage 2000. The admins must have yanked them from the library.

BB686

Members who have read this thread: 0