MAW stopped loading

Thread: MAW stopped loading

MAW stopped loading

I recently re-installed MAW and it was working fine. Now all of a sudden it just wont load. When I click on the MAW icon, it gets to the smaller pre load screen, then the full size screen comes up for a few seconds then it disappears. When I try again, I get the "CFS3 didn't shut down properly last time, do I want to view info, blah..blah," you've seen it before, I'm sure.

The only thing I have done is run the config utility and I installed the B-24 from Nachtpiloten. I have installed all the proper files for it and have flown in it MAW just fine. There were no issues at all while I was in MAW. Now, I come back a few hours later, and now it wont load at all. I have my clean install of CFS3 and the ETO version installed and both work just fine. I have windows 7. Any ideas what the problem could be? Nothing has been messed with on this computer.

Thanks.

The airplane you were flying last may be trying to use a non-existent engine sound file. I'd check that first.

You can always go into the game.xml file and set the show UI parameter to false to get it running long enough for you to switch out the offending plane.
    US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorMagee View Post
    The airplane you were flying last may be trying to use a non-existent engine sound file. I'd check that first.

You can always go into the game.xml file and set the show UI parameter to false to get it running long enough for you to switch out the offending plane.
    That was the problem! Thank you MajorMagee! I had already done another reinstall, I was hoping I wasn't going to have to do it again. Thank again!

HOLY CR@P! Thank you soo much MajorMagee and RobH!!!!!

I also had the problem but never thought of asking! Hence I stopped playing and almost deleted the only copy I had!!!!! How funny that it was just this little fix!!!

I'm very happy now and hope to get back into this ever evolving community!!!

Mah gerd soo much thanks!!

P.S. Happy Thanksgiving to all!!!
    You must never ASSUME, because when you ASSUME, you make an ASS out of U and ME!!!!!!!!!-Benny Hill

Members who have read this thread: 0