RFN Carrier gauge in Dino's F-14?

Thread: RFN Carrier gauge in Dino's F-14?

RFN Carrier gauge in Dino's F-14?

Hi folks,

I attempted to install the RFN carrier Gauge in Dino's F-14D v2.35 and it disappears instantly after invoking it via the Views/Instrument Panel menu.
    I'm usually pretty good with this stuff, but, this one has me stumped. I also tried it in his latest T-45C release...No-Go.
    Anyone have a working RFN gauge in either of those birds? If so, please, tell me what I'm doing wrong!...Don
    HAF 932 Adv, PC P&C 950w, ASUS R4E, i7-3820 5.0GHz(MCR320-XP wet), EVGA GTX 970 FTW, 16GB DDR3-2400,
    128GB SAMSUNG 830-Win 7 Ult x64, 512GB SAMSUNG 840 Pro-FS9/FSX/P3D, WD 1TB Black-FS98, ROF, etc. WD Black 2TB-Storage/Backup,

Well now Don that's funny you ask. I have got caught up in that other thread and excited about the forthcoming Aerosoft USS Kitty Hawk (and that fighter jet thing that it comes with . .) and just happened yesterday to spot your VF-114 paint at flightsim for Dino's "D" model, downloaded it and am flying her in your paint right now as I write this.

I have successfully got all the RFN and ARS4 stuff (essential also in your Crusader cockpit - which is my naval ops test bed these days - thanks again) into Dino's F-14D. It all works - using the popups -with the one exception that when I tried to place the actual visual RFN TACAN gauge in the VC (tried replacing the round default Baron HSI) it just leaves a hole dashboard that you can look down through and see the ocean!

Might have something to do with VC gauge hot spots and backgrounds, or something. Dino comes by here so he should chime in soon. At least I can find my way home now . .

Regards,

expat
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

On another note if you have Norton antivirus it may delete the RFN gauge. I had a hard time getting it to work in any aircraft because as soon as I copied the gauge out of the zipped folder and placed into the FSX gauge folder it was being deleted by Norton antivirus. Don't know why. Had to add the RFN gauge to the Norton antivirus exception list now everything works as it should in any aircraft I have added it to including some helos.

Quote Originally Posted by expat View Post
    ...I have successfully got all the RFN and ARS4 stuff ... into Dino's F-14D. It all works - using the popups ...
    Thanks, my friend. At least now I know it can be done.
    I've tried numerous times withot luck. Mind sharing your panel.cfg edits? TIA...Don
    HAF 932 Adv, PC P&C 950w, ASUS R4E, i7-3820 5.0GHz(MCR320-XP wet), EVGA GTX 970 FTW, 16GB DDR3-2400,
    128GB SAMSUNG 830-Win 7 Ult x64, 512GB SAMSUNG 840 Pro-FS9/FSX/P3D, WD 1TB Black-FS98, ROF, etc. WD Black 2TB-Storage/Backup,

LOL !!!! When I have the same problem - not infrequently with a new aircraft - I go back to YOUR AS F-8 as the working reference!! In fact, that is how I got it to work in Dino's Tomcat last night.

My guess is that you may be mixing older version RFN gauge entries (Sylvain changed these over newer versions) with the newest RFN xml guages in your main gauges folder. Has more than once for me caused a no show or even CTD's.

Entries in the VC section are I think essential if you are only using the popup visual gauge(s). My F-14D panel.cfg attached.

PANEL.zip

Thank You! I put your panel.cfg in it, did a new free flight it worked great. I loaded my saved F-14D test flight...NO-GO!!!! Whaaaaaat!
    Then I thought maybe, just maybe, it's my test flight, not the gauge, not the plane, not the panel.cfg.
    Reboot, Launch FSX, Create a new flight...Viola! Works a charm. Both your and my panel.cfgs...Go Figure...
    Anyhoo, I'm a happy guy right now. Thanks again! Made me use the ol' nugget...Don

Members who have read this thread: 0