Unsuccesful conversion - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Unsuccesful conversion

Icon22

Quote Originally Posted by Blood_Hawk23 View Post
    you know you can zoom in and out right. its either Z and X or A and S. I forget which.
    Hi John,

The mesh is 1600% bigger than the real scale in order to avoid the mkmdl's "4mm snap", ACM recognize the mesh, but cannot display the parameters and the zoom (with "A" or "S") doesn't work, for ACM the visual model is out of scale, it is indeed, but editing the "azm" and transforming the intermediate files in "bgl", then in "mdl" and editing it with AFCAD we "constrain" FS to show correctly the plane.....

Quote Originally Posted by mvg3d View Post
    Hi John,

The mesh is 1600% bigger than the real scale in order to avoid the mkmdl's "4mm snap", ACM recognize the mesh, but cannot display the parameters and the zoom (with "A" or "S") doesn't work, for ACM the visual model is out of scale, it is indeed, but editing the "azm" and transforming the intermediate files in "bgl", then in "mdl" and editing it with AFCAD we "constrain" FS to show correctly the plane.....

1600%!!! ok never mind.
    "Courage is the discovery that you may not win, and trying when you know you can lose."-Tom Krause

My works Here: http://www.thefreeflightsite.com/JFortin.htm

48.800 N, 118.612 W. North Central Washington State, USA

Unsuccesful conversion

I see. It is somewhat similar to the Luftwaffe/Kriegsmarine situation. Thank you for the insight.

Steve
    AAF Lament:

"Glory! No more regulations!
    Rip them down at every station!
    Ground the guy that tries to make one!
    And LET US FLY LIKE HELL!"

From "There I Was...Flat On My Back" by Bob Stevens

Tune: Battle Hymn of the Republic

Quote Originally Posted by mvg3d View Post
    Hi BloodHawk,

I made the following Italian bombs and bombing devices for my planes in GMax :

- 50Kgs/100Kgs/250Kgs and 500Kgs Bombs (used in Fiat CR.42, Breda Ba.65, C.R.D.A.Cant.Z.1007bis and C.R.D.A.Cant.Z.506B)
    - Submunitions Dispenser (for Breda Ba.65)

I have also the standard Whitehead Italian Torpedo (with tail fins for airborne use) used by all the Italian Torpedo Bombers (by Italianwings, used in Savoia Marchetti SM.79)

Dimensions and shapes are from Regia Aeronautica's original manuals.

If someone is interested.........

Manuele has sent me the Gmax files for his bombs and torpedo.

I must say these are probably the best looking models I've seen for aircraft ordanance. I will have to make some LODs as they are a little high on polys.

The only sad thing is the Submunisions dispencer may not be useable. I can make it as an object easy enough. To have it working in the DP will be a challange due to the limit on hardpoints. Its the same issue I'm up against with my 4 lb incendairies.

It will take a little time to complete. I'm working the next three nights so I won't begin until wednesday. I'll keep you posted.
    "Courage is the discovery that you may not win, and trying when you know you can lose."-Tom Krause

My works Here: http://www.thefreeflightsite.com/JFortin.htm

Quote Originally Posted by kelticheart View Post
    I don't understand what might be wrong with the tailwheel partially retracted, because the below screenies included in MVG3d's FS9 package show it fully extended, so it mustn't be a bug in the original Gmax code......
    Hiya Kelti,

An epiphany... the screenshots you posted are of the C205_H1_MVG.mdl. This is quoted out of the aircraft .cfg for that model.

Almost 27 C.202 "Folgore"s of Italian Cobelligerent Air Force were converted to C.205 "Veltro"'s standard (but without retractable tailwheel) by "Servizio Tecnico Caccia"(Fighter Technical Service) and by "Aeronautica Sannita" (Benevento).This a/c belonged to 21st Gruppo of 51st Stormo Caccia,based at Lecce during April 1944.By Manuele Villa & Italianwings,July 2012.
    So you see, there is no animation. Only in suspension.
    Here are two screen shots. One from FS9 and the other from CFS2 of the Veltro Late.

The same IMHO. Don't you think?

So in all likeliness, this issue is an issue no more.

Cheerz Stef,
    Dave

Well spotted Dave!

Cheers

Shessi

Icon22

Hi Friends,
    I just sent the "Hybrid" source file to Stefano......

Quote Originally Posted by Blood_Hawk23 View Post
    you know you can zoom in and out right. its either Z and X or A and S. I forget which.
    i LEARNED SOMETHING!!!

Icon28

Testing the CANT1007 , I see that we have the same problem with contact points, with the same wheels behavior. I wonder if you guys have such problem solved. Is it a contact point setting problem?
    thanks
    Mario

Fidenza, Northern Italy, 65 miles south of Milano

WIP update

Quote Originally Posted by dvslats View Post
    Hi All, Me again..

Hey Blood_Hawk, The first thing I tried was ACM, but the wire frame is HUGE and made that app pretty much useless.
    Had to go the old fashioned route.

Spent a little time adjusting the C/P to fit the animations and popping on the runway after loading in the sim Kelti.

[contact_points]
    static_pitch = 15.0
    static_cg_height = 5.0
    tailwheel_lock = 1
    max_number_of_points = 12

point.0 = 1, -17.396, 0, -1.005, 1800, 0, 0.43, 90, 0.2, 2, 0.8, 3, 3, 0, 141, 166
    point.1 = 1, 0.9441, -4.5798, -6.075, 2000, 1, 1, 0, 0.50, 2.5, 0.83, 6, 6, 2, 141, 166
    point.2 = 1, 0.9628, 4.5798, -6.075, 2000, 2, 1, 0, 0.50, 2.5, 0.83, 7, 7, 3, 141, 166
    point.3 = 2, 8.5, 0, -5.2, 333, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 4
    point.4 = 2, 8, 0, -2, 3000, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 4
    point.5 = 2, -1, 0, -1.7, 3000, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 4
    point.6 = 2, -17.3, 0, -0.3, 3000, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 4
    point.7 = 2, 1.33, -16.9, -0.66, 800, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 5
    point.8 = 2, 1.33, 16.9, -0.66, 800, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 6
    point.9 = 2, 1.33, -6, -0.66, 1000, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 5
    point.10 = 2, 1.33, 6, -0.66, 1000, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 6
    point.11 = 2, -16.9, 0, 4, 444, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 9
    gear_system_type=1

While I was there, the flaps were tweaked to cfs2 standards.

[Flaps.0]
    type= 1
    system_type=4
    span-outboard= 0.120
    extending-time= 5.0
    damaging-speed=172.0
    blowout-speed=260.0
    flaps-position.0=0.00
    flaps-position.1=15.00
    flaps-position.2=30.00
    flaps-position.3=60.00
    lift_scalar=0.00
    drag_scalar=0.00
    pitch_scalar=0.00

The air file will need "4" flap positions for compatibility.

Tested out ok on my computty. See how they work on yours when you have a chance.

Ok, sack time,
    Dv
    Thank you very much, DV!

I was wondering if the C.205 contact points needed some further adjustment, since the aircraft sat on the runway with the landing gear wheel half buried in the ground.
    As a matter of fact, I was working on that and the static_cg_height but you beat me to it!

I am also happy to report that the bouncing/blow up issue on bumpy terrains was definitely resolved by the Impact Damage Threshold figures you attached before.

Attached below a view of the definitive detail work done over the w-end. Prop disc, gauge-controlled exh effect and a new pilot figure, representing Luigi Gorrini, kindly sent to me by Manuele.

Your post about the tailwheel, confuses me a little. Even if the model pictured in Manuele's screenshots I posted is not the Series 3 Veltro, armed with cowl Breda-Safat machine guns and wing MG151 cannons, a C.205 fully extended tailwheel should look exactly the same in any model, whether it's permanently locked extended or not. But this is not an issue anymore, since we can live with it.
    I remember a few years back the same issue was encountered with Corrado La Posta's C.202 Folgore for FS9 conversion. The difference there was that the tailwheel was displayed backward on the ground and the problem was worked around to show it correctly while in flight.
    Everybody accepted it, since almost 99% of the display time for our planes in CFS2 is in the air and not on the ground. We have the same case here, where MVG3d's converted C.205 tailwheel looks fine in flight. End of the issue.

To Beepee and Chalachew:

I started working on both 2d and VC panels, starting with the splendid pack sent to me by Beepee. Combined with more MVG3d's CR.42 beautiful original intruments converted by Chalachew, we should have a magnificent set of panels for this bird! Thank you very much for your invaluable contribution!
    I keep truckin' on with the conversion! My target is a Christmas Present upload, let's hope to make it!

Cheers!
    KH
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails MVG3d_C205_Gorrini_ANR.jpg  
    My wee mods here at the Outhouse:

FileUploadName=kelticheart

YES!!!!

Lookin' good, Kelti!
    Great to be here......great to be anywhere

Icon22 More progress

Hi everybody!

Some more pictures showing the results of this amazing teamwork that I am enjoying beyond measure!

1. Thanks to Dvslats' contribution, Manuele's Veltro now sits correctly on the ground and endures rough terrains both during takoffs and landings.
    2. I adjusted IS4G's original C.205 damage profile to show properly placed muzzle flashes.
    3. This is the result of the combination between Beepee's 2d panel/converted gauges with Chalachew's converted gauges. Both Beepee and Chalachew did an amazing job in converting MVG3d's original FS9 Italian WWII gauges to CFS2. I added something of mine, for easing the tasks of any CFS2 combat pilot. We all need popup panel icons to control the engine, take a peek at the flight map, control all inboard/drop fuel tanks individually and separately as they did in real life, finally being able to grab and follow an NDB signal to return home after combat. Positively neither GPS nor modern avionic instruments here, only ADF as it was during WWII. To be exact, I shouldn't even add an ADF popup to an Italian aircraft, but flying combat in CFS2 is difficult enough, so some allowances compared to strict history must be accepted.
    4. Same as above, this time VC panel.
    5. My addition of a good rearview in 2d panel mode, in order to check "one's six" at all times. Activated by the joystick hat switch pulled back, it's placed where a rearview mirror would have been. It's an extension of mine to the rearview mirror concept found in Merlin66's YAS Spitfire series, proper credits will be given in the upload pack. Another allowance for a Regia Aeronautica/ANR's aircraft.
    6. Finally, a backup 2d panel done with Alphasim's Veltro bmp. Even if Beepee's 2d panel is the real McCoy, some might like the better forward visibility offered by it.

With the above, I hope Manuele will be happy that the gauges for this conversion project are not translated Allied instruments. There's only one gauge that it's not converted and it's the airspeed gauge, from Morten's Luftwaffe collection. Chalachew included a converted airspeed Italian gauge in his pack, unfortunately it's for MVG3d's Fiat CR.42, its top speed is only 450 kmh, nearly the cruising speed of a C.205. I wrote Chalachew asking him if he could convert the C.205 airspeed gauge, up to 750/800kmh, as well for this project.

But Manuele, you will have to allow me a couple of stock gauges, albeit translated in Italian, because there's nothing else to replace them with.

They are the stock F4F magnetos, Master Switch and throttle panel for propeller pitch and manual mixture controls. I won't use CFS1 Bf109 throttle panel, since CFS1 throttles never worked in CFS2 for me. If anyone has a working Italian magneto switch, I'll be happy to use it instead of the stock one.

Both gauge libraries sent to me by Beepee and Chalachew will be included in the pack, so that you will have fun going back to your Italian airplane fleet and change all the translated gauges with historical ones. DO NOT WORRY! I'll make sure to provide a scheme where all gauge functions are thoroughly explained.

Until next update,

Cheers!
    KH
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails MVG3d_C205_Dvslats_contact_points.jpg   MVG3d_C205_muzzle_flashes.jpg   MVG3d_C205_Beepee_Chalachew_2dpan.jpg   MVG3d_C205_Beepee_Chalachew_VC.jpg   MVG3d_C205_rearview.jpg   MVG3d_C205_Alpha_2dpan.jpg  

Icon4

Wow! Impressive pictures kelticheart.
    And a fitting tribute.

Counting the days off to Christmas.

Icon26 Update #3

Hi everybody!

I am almost done with 2d and VC panels.

The first shot shows the 2d panel with all popups I talked about activated. I made copies of existing gauges, translated and/or corrected them. All compass and directional gyros now have the correct lettering for an Italian gauge, clockwise:

1. N for "Nord" (North)
    2. E for "Est" (East)
    3. S for "Sud" (South)
    4. O for "Ovest" (West)

Lower left popup shows the engine controls window, with translated stock F4F throttle panel/magneto switch/master switch, trim gauges and MVG3d's converted oil temperature gauge. This window will allow you manual mixture and propeller pitch controls, startup, trimming and a quick engine turnoff in case of emergency belly landings via MAPE prop feathering/magneto turnoff gauge. Turning off engine, contacts and fuel before touchdown helps avoiding engine fire and blowups!

Lower right popup: fuel management window with a converted MVG3d's C.205 total fuel gauge and a translated stock CFS1 Bf109 fuel quantity, which shows the selected fuel tank quantity. MAPE fuel switches for: Centrale (Central tank), Sinistro (Left tank), Destro (Right tank), Tutti (All tanks), Chiuso (Off). I still have to translate the Refuel/Dump gauge, I'll do it over the weekend.

Upper right popup: ADF window, with corrected/translated directional gyro, ADF gauge, AP panel, NDB frequency selector. The notes icon allows you to open the aircraft notes window during flight. Aircraft notes is a simple text file, normally present in each aircraft root folder. If you edit the text file, adding a list of all your installed airport NDB frequencies for the theatre you are flying in, you will be able to read the NDB code for the airport you want to reach and enter it in the selector gauge. Then follow the indication of the ADF gauge to fly home. This is my method of instrumental navigation in CFS2.

I also added working ammo counters on top of the historical ones, shown in central lower panel, by the sides of the control stick. If you look carefully at the first shot they are visible.
    I replaced the magnetic compass to the left of the gunsight, it has a better Italian look than the previous one.

The next shot shows the same compass replaced in the VC.

Truckin on!

Cheers!
    KH
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails MVG3d_C205_Beepee_Chalachew_KH_2dpan.jpg   MVG3d_C205_Beepee_Chalachew_KH_VC.jpg  
    Last edited by kelticheart; December 12th, 2014 at 02:53.

Beautiful!

Beautiful Panels, m'Man!
    Great to be here......great to be anywhere

Unhappy A nice headache

Quote Originally Posted by alpha_1 View Post
    Beautiful Panels, m'Man!
    Thank you Alpha_1!

I refined that compass a tad more over the w-end, producing a "clean" version without the external frame. Now it fits both panels real snug and looks very realistic.

I am still trying to figure out how to convert Manuele's original 700 kmh speedometer. The one shown in the pictures above is a Luftwaffe gauge, cleaned by Morton. Replacing the bitmap behind is not a problem, as I did in all of the gauges shown above.

The real problem is that in the Luftwaffe gauge the needle starting point is in the lower left quadrant, while in the Italian is in the upper left quadrant. A nice headache.

Cheers!
    KH

Another WIP update

Hi gents!

The creation of an historically accurate 2d+VC panel is taking longer than expected but I am getting there. I am still trying to shoot for a Dec, 24th upload goal. Beepee and Chalachew came to the rescue, with more accurate Italian gauge conversions and now we have a working ASI. I am still looking for an Italian Attitude gauge, the one below is not it.

Courtesy of Manuele Villa himself, I could rely on the images attached below to get to the new Veltro 2d+VC panel. I also modified Beepee's bitmap slightly because Veltros never had a dual oil pressure gauge on the lower hand side panel. I have still to figure out how to delete it out of the VC as well.

The B/W pictures come from original Regia Aeronautica WWII pilot's handbooks and ground crew's maintenance manuals, among some of the rarest aviation military publications from Italy that one can think of!

As you can see from the last diagram, my latest panel work, I am also working on a specific instruction sheet about Italian metric gauges with proper conversions.

Until next one,

Cheers!
    KH
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Real_Veltro_right_console.jpg   Real_Veltro_left_console.jpg   Real_Veltro_instrumentpan.jpg   Beepee_MVG3dVeltro_2dpan.jpg  

Looking Great, KH!

I'd toast to you with some Italian Chianti or Sangiovese but we only have beer emoticons.......
    Devildog73

Semper Fi
    "Earned RESPECT seldom needs to demand respect"

Members who have read this thread: 4