In Memoriam: Paul Clawson (PutPut)
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: In Memoriam: Paul Clawson (PutPut)

In Memoriam: Paul Clawson (PutPut)

Hi All,

I was shocked to hear today that Paul Clawson (PutPut) has passed away last october (19th) at the age of 82.
    As far as I understand from a sudden heartattack, in his home in Longbeach, California.
    I was informed by Dutch family of his wife Jenny.

Paul was a very active member of the flightsim community, and designed/contributed loads of excellent freeware aircraft and ships, especially from the WW1&2 era.
    See these forums and the library here.

Besides that, Paul was a very kind and helpfull person.
    I worked closely with Paul on one of his project (the Corsair Pogo for FS9), for which he asked me to design a VTOL-like solution.
    Since then, I had many conversations with Paul and we exchanged a lot of design idea's.
    I even met Paul twice IRL, when he was visiting his wife's family in the Netherlands.
    (they did that every 4-5 years, and had plans to come over next year again).

As I understand, no one has access to his PC anymore, so if one of you had pending conversations with him, you now know why.

My deepest respect and condolances to his wife Jenny and other family.
    R.I.P. Paul .......
    You'll be missed very much !!

Regards,
    Rob Barendregt

Sad news indeed, I'm very sorry to read this. I enjoyed using many of his models.

Mark
    My scenery development galleries:
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/x0skkam7xu8zz8r/DFwnonB1nH

Solomon 1943 V2 Open beta download: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/download...on-1943-V2.zip
    Solomon 1943 V2 update 2013-02-05 download: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/download...2013-02-05.zip

Current Project: DHC-4 / C-7a Caribou by Tailored Radials
    Dev-Gallery at https://www.dropbox.com/sh/qjdtcoxeg...bAG-2V4Ja?dl=0

im sorry to read this,he was a good man,he helped me via email to get a plane from another developer to work on my PC...he did it was joy and enthusiasm for the hobby...nice guy,will be missed.

Very sad news indead,can`t hardly believe that---what a loss.
    I also enjoyed many of his nice planes.
    My condolences to his family and friends.
    Mike

Indeed that's sad to hear. Great to know that he lives on in his creations.
    Anneke

RIP PutPut!!

My most positive thoughts go out to him.

Dumonceau

This is indeed sad news to hear. I'd wondered where PutPut had been. He and I spoke several times via PM about modeling and repainting. He was very active in the hobby and had a passion to "create", learn, and share with anyone it seemed to me. An inspiring type he was.

To the family, Paul will be missed in our virtual world, as yours. My thoughts are with you.
    May you rest in peace, Paul. Fly the friendly skies.

Sad news. May he rest in peace.
    dutcheeseblend.blogspot.nl

Living by the grace of our Lord

SOH-CM-2023
    My most sincere condolences to Mr. Clawson's family. He will be missed.

Very sad news.Paul was a prolific modeler and I enjoyed his efforts re-creating many Golden Age Aeroplanes.Condolences from all of us at G.A.S....he will be missed greatly.

The kind of news that kinda slaps you in the face. Very sorry to hear of his passing. . .I guess none of us really knows when an event like this will happen, but when it does it's always a shock. Paul seemed to be a very nice guy and as it appears many of us had "conversations" with Paul via PM's or e-mails about modeling, or something else sim-related. He was always willing to pass on any advice he could to help. Sad to hear. . .and my condolences to his family. RIP "PutPut".

So sad to hear this Rob and thanks for sharing this with us.

Paul was amazing for his age and still modelling up to his death and I will miss him a great deal.

RIP Paul.
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

Ugh very sad - prayers for his family!
    FAA ZMP
    PPL ASEL

| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | EVGA GTX1080 Ti | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X |

Such sad news. His contribution to our hobby was immense, not just through his wonderful models but with the time & patience he invested in helping others to find their way up the learning curve. He will be greatly missed.

Keep the blue side up PutPut.
    Andy

Sorry to see him go. RIP. He will be missed.

Sad news indeed. Worked with Paul and others at MAIW on a couple of projects a few years ago. Never realized he was just up the road.

That's very sad news. A great contributor to this hobby. He's going to be missed.

Mike

Speechless, God Bless Him.
    T Square

The Load Toad

WEAPONS
    LOADER CREED
    We, the unwilling
    Led by the unknowing,
    Are doing the impossible,
    For the ungrateful.

A very sad day for the flightsim community. Rest in peace, Paul.

Brian

Very sorry to read of his passing. I was flying his Skyshark only last night. He and his contributions so freely given to our hobby will be greatly missed.

I am sad to hear this, my condolences, my thoughts are with his loved ones. RIP Paul.

i7-4770K 4.4 Ghz - ASUS z87 PRO - Corsair H100i - 16 gig Kingston Beast DDR3 2166 Mhz - Gainward GTX 1070 GS GLH - CX 750M PSU - CoolerMaster HAF X case

Paul was someone you recognised as properly part of the FS scene and he'll really be missed. My condolences to his family.
    Tom
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________________
    Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding. Proverbs 4:7

Very sad to hear this. R.I.P Paul you will be missed. S~

Joe
    I7 6700K @ 4.8 / Gigabyte Z170X UD3 / 16GB G.Skill TridentZ 3200mhz / EVGA GTX 1070 Ti FTW Ultra 8GB / EVGA SuperNova 750 G2
    Samsung 960 Evo NVMe M.2 250gb Boot Drive / 960 Evo 1 TB SSD - Game Drive / WD Blue 500GB SSD - Sim Drive / WD Black 1TB HD
    Fractal Design Celsius S36 AIO Cooler / Fractal Design Define R6 / LG
    32GK850G-B 32" 1440P 144Hz G-Sync Monitor

Very very sad news. I had to read the message several times before I fully understood what it said. Paul one of those guys who were always there. One who would always answer your question. I will sure miss his presence here at the SOH, although I quite sure he is watching us from above, enjoying a Grolsh beer.........

Rest in peace Paul and thanks for all the things you have given to us.

Huub

RIP Paul.You gave us so much.

Anthin.

Members who have read this thread: 8