In Memoriam: Paul Clawson (PutPut) - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: In Memoriam: Paul Clawson (PutPut)

It is indeed sad when a beloved member of our community passes away. Although I never communicated with him on the forums, his advice to others and the many contributions to the hobby have helped me many times. Rest in peace.
    Expect banging, belching and an occasional manly fart as you roar down the runway at full power. (I have found that the engine can make similar noises)

I am saddened to hear of Paul's passing. It was easy to see just how much this hobby meant to him. Our own flightsim experiences were made better through his presence and the many contributions he made to the community. He will be missed. Condolences go out to his friends and family.

Thanks for all the planes Paul, Rest in Peace
    Tom Constantine
    -------------------
    TOH Forums
    http://mainescenery.proboards.com/

SOH-CM-2014
    The land where dust is manufactured and people are high temp tested!
    Rest in peace, Paul. I was always amazed at how fast you could make your planes. Great models. I loved that flying wing. That thing was brilliant.

May the Lord bless you with awesome peace and rest up there. You will be missed.
    Humble Poly bender and warrior of Vertices

Alienware Console i7 3770 CPU 3.40 GHz / 16 Gigs of RAM / GTX660 GC w/2 Gigs of VRAM / Windows 7 64 Ultimate
    Running 3X Samsung 840 SSD HD's, 200 Gig each, 500/500 Read/Write

Members +
    Paul... one of the corner stones of this amazing hobby of ours. His legacy lives on with every one of us.
    Happy Landings, wherever you are.

Thank you for being a positive part of this community, Rest in Peace

I did not realize this before now but Paul did an interview over at flightsim.com earlier this year. This is yet another treasure he left us all....

http://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/conten...veloper/view/1

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I'm so sorry to see this... Paul was a beloved member of our world here, and he will be sorely missed. my prayers are with his family at this time.
    His contributions will live on bringing joy to people in flight sim for a long time to come.

Rest in Peace, Paul. He certainly was a prolific and generous contributor to the FS community.

My condolences to his family. Losing a loved one is never easy; even less so during the holidays.
    -Mark

SOH-CM-2024
    My sincere condolences, Paul has been a member of the Flight Sim community since forever, I probably have everything he has done somewhere. His presence will most certainly be missed.

I always enjoyed reading his posts and seeing the models he was working on. He will be missed....one of the good guys! RIP

"Hornets by mandate, Tomcats by choice!"

It's a horrible feeling to open SOH and see a thread such as this.

I always looked forward to seeing what Paul's latest creation would be. He's interest in modelling vintage aircraft was exactly the era that captivates me. It'll make flying his creations all the more special.

Thanks Paul. You made this sim a real joy for me.
    "Somewhere out there is Page 6!"
    "But Emilo you promised! It's postpone"

ASWWIAH Member

What a bummer

Paul was always a gentleman and very helpful. I asked him for his sources to port some of his planes to the Thirdwire games and he always was gracious to provide them and never refused my requests.

Truly a loss to the flight sim community.

My condolences to his family, I just wish that some of messages posted could be read by his family to see how much he was admired and appreciated and that his loss is going to be greatly missed.

May your last flight take you higher and higher into the stars.

Quote Originally Posted by capun View Post
    I just wish that some of messages posted could be read by his family to see how much he was admired and appreciated and that his loss is going to be greatly missed.
    I have informed Paul's wife Jenny of this thread; I hope it will help her (and other family) in dealing with this terrible loss; to read how much Paul, and his contribution to this hobby, was/is appreciated by some many people ....

Rob

Quote Originally Posted by StormILM View Post
    I did not realize this before now but Paul did an interview over at flightsim.com earlier this year. This is yet another treasure he left us all....

http://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/conten...veloper/view/1
    Same here, just reading it now, thanks for the tip. A sad loss. He added immensely to our hobby.
    Intel i5-10600K 4.10 GHz 12 Core CPU
    Asus ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming LGA1200 Z590-E Motherboard
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory
    Water Cooler - CORSAIR iCUE H100i RGB PRO XT
    Corsair 850W PSU
    MSI RX580 Radeon Armor 8Gb
    Windows 10 Home Premium 64
    3 x 21" Acer LED screens

Icon9

R.I.P.
    A Great is gone.....

We all lose a generous person. My condolences

Charter Member 2011
    2nd star to the right...you see that old torino?..ask there
    This is very sad news..
    Just in March of this year i worked with him on doing some stuff in his Skyshark, i had to check my inbox here just to be sure it´s the same person..sadly..he is..
    Rest in Peace Paul...

Prowler

PutPut,

thanks for all your gifts you gave to us.
    Rest in peace...

Christoph

Again,i didnt "know" him,yet we did talk a couple times through PMs,he was allways helpfull and nice.when i see this thread on the sticky,it makes me pause and just think about his planes and everything else he contributed to this community.it also brings a small tear to my left eye,as if im passing a memorial each time..lets all keep Pauls memory in our hearts.
    Dave

My condolences to his family. His work was fantastic.

RIP

Volker Böhme

Charter Member 2015
    Rest in peace Paul.

David

I've been offline with the holidays and just saw this.

Rest in peace, Paul. Thank you for the great conversations, the always friendly and helpful posts, and the awesome and often (wonderfully) obscure planes. Your talent and your presence will be greatly missed.

Blog Entries
    I just saw this. I wish to add my condolences to all of the flight sim community. We have lost a friend. I especially wish to offer my condolences to his family.

RIP Paul
    John

My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II

AMD Ryzen 7 7800 X3D@ 5.1 GHz
    32 GB DDR5 RAM
    3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive
    RTX 3080 10GB VRAM, Meta Quest 3 VR Headset

Members who have read this thread: 8