Douglas A-1H Skyraider

Thread: Douglas A-1H Skyraider

Douglas A-1H Skyraider

Does anyone know or have an updated FDE for the original A-1H Skyraider done by Tim Conrad "Piglet"?
    It likes to bounce on landings and is slow on landing decent to the runway.

Look for this file over at Flightsim.com: a-1jupt.zip or search for FSX A-1J Skyraider FDE Update.

I put it together with a little help from a couple of folks.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by StormILM View Post
    Look for this file over at Flightsim.com: a-1jupt.zip or search for FSX A-1J Skyraider FDE Update.
    I put it together with a little help from a couple of folks.
    Thanks for the HU Storm. Didn't realize this was out there.

Roger that Ed, give it a shot & see what you think. I was darn lucky to get some expert tutoring on the contact points (which still drive me nuts!). The rest of the FDE stuff was pretty much surgery & not outright replacement. Tried to get it to fly like my old FS9 Razbam A-1 as best I could although it's not quite as good IMHO.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks for the information about that FDE update. I was not aware of it.
    Is there also any update for the engine sound ? On my computer, the engine sound is very low, as if the engine were 100m away from me. I already tried to alias the sound to the A2A P47, but this had no effect on the engine volume :/

I use my old FS9 type Razbam A-1 R-3350 sounds which are very good. Those sounds are very aggressive & loud like the real aircraft. The Razbam A-1 Vol 2 is on sale over at FS Pilot Shop for $12.50 which IMO is worth it for having those accurate R-3350 sounds.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I think my problem does not come from the sound set, but from the aircraft configuration.
    The sound set of the A2A P47 is excellent as well, but the engine volume gets as low as the Skyraider default sound.
    I believe I can alias the sound to any other plane in my hangar, the sound volume will always be an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Daube View Post
    I think my problem does not come from the sound set, but from the aircraft configuration.
    The sound set of the A2A P47 is excellent as well, but the engine volume gets as low as the Skyraider default sound.
    I believe I can alias the sound to any other plane in my hangar, the sound volume will always be an issue.
    I'm sorry, but that is just not the case. Like Storm, I use the Razbam sounds and they work a treat! Loud and vibrant!

Dumonceau

Quote Originally Posted by Daube View Post
    I copied all files from the A2A P47 sound folder into the sound folder of the A-1H---and it works fine.
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Dumonceau View Post
    I'm sorry, but that is just not the case. Like Storm, I use the Razbam sounds and they work a treat! Loud and vibrant!

Dumonceau
    +1 I concur

Dumonceau
    Same here. When Tim released his version of the Skyraider I went right to my old Razbam folder and moved the files over. Excellent sound set.

Dumonceau
    Same for me.
    My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

Razbam sounds are appropriately beastly sounding on this beast!
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

I tested again, I aliased to another warbird and this time, I'm getting some decent sound volume.
    The engine sound is still a bit low, but still, much higher than before

Quote Originally Posted by expat View Post
    Razbam sounds are appropriately beastly sounding on this beast!
    Thanks, I'll transfer the sounds over to Piglet's Skyraider.

Members who have read this thread: 2