. Cant.Z.506 "Airone" Postbellico (Post War)

Thread: . Cant.Z.506 "Airone" Postbellico (Post War)

. Cant.Z.506 "Airone" Postbellico (Post War)

Looks like mmanuel is at it again. post-war version. Anyone can get this into cfs 2?

http://simviation.com/1/browse-Vintage-42-0

Icon22

Hi Dmaloof,
    I sent to Mario Misson the Z.506's GMax source files (together with the Z.1007's ones) for the CFS2 conversion, he's working.......
    I think that the post-war edition isn't suitable for a "combat" use..... Mario has the "S" model too.

Icon9

That is true, I runing with some troubles, making changes got troubles exporting and takes a lot of time because the sources are heavy for my machine. Some times after exportin to fs2k4 , then changing .azm file and reconmpiling with bglc, renaming the .mdl and converting to cfs2 with mkmdlc 190 , got convertion failed messages. (so after all this , see it in cfs2)

I did this type of work , ñong time ago, thought it will be easy but was wrong.

Any help will be apreciated.
    Mario

Icon18

Hi Mario,

Try using an earlier version of MDLC to convert to CFS 2. I get much better success using MDLC117beta. You can just drop the exe into your file structure if you're using Morten's windoze front end...

It does mean you then need to hex edit any lightstates/ crashcheck entries to make it mission builder/QC usable.

Hope this helps.

Icon28

Hi to every body!
    Sorry for the late reply!
    Thanks Uncle for your sugestions.
    See , it is more complex, because the source file are very big, and the first step is export the source modified to see if I am on track, it takes 5 minutes (only compiling).
    But there are alot of steps more to do after exporting to fs2004 (because we cant export directly to cfs2!!).

WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR??? The main problem is that MKMDLC can not convert correctly the M.Villa planes, NOT ALL ANIMATIONS WORK!! rudder and elevators and ailerons mainly.

So to fix this problem without scasming, we need to make changes in the source (gmax) file.

After export the gmax file to fs2004 , we need to change the scale! because the plane is 16 times more big than real scale. To fix that I have to change the SUPER_SCALE value in the .AZM file, then run the bglc-9 tool to get the .bgl file then compress such file with win rara for change the extension file from .bgl to .mdl ,,,,then with the .mdl file run it with mkmdlc and the last step see in cfs2 the trial and error.

So in which of all these steps i did the little mistake to get the "conversion failed " message?

I did this type of work for example with the Me262 slats animation of AF Scrub, but the source was very light in comparission and took me little time see the trial and error, because exporting was easy.

U may wonder "why many trial and error? Dont u know what are u doing?"" My answer is NO , to use gmax is not so easy , and more if there is a year without use it like me.

Cheers
    Mario
    Last edited by misson; November 25th, 2014 at 16:50.

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by dmaloof View Post
    hi, thx. no rush. take your time.
    Please dmaloof! my apologies, had hard work here in the south (is summer) , and dont have enought time.

By the way! if there is somebody wants to help please PM to me.

Cheers
    Mario

Icon28 A painfull progress!

Thanks to a good friend (patient indeed) , i ´m progressing, but still are some animations troubles.
    ailerons and rudder are working now but elevator doesnt work yet
    Mkmdlc works when it wants, now it was painfull convert the fs2k4 mdl compiled from gmax.
    Thank u Allen
    Mario

Now is done! all main parts are working !

I have more models to work!
    What wonderfull plane!

Notice this is one of the Cant Z1007 see in next days Cant Z506

Icon4

Quote Originally Posted by misson View Post
    I have more models to work!
    What wonderfull plane!

Notice this is one of the Cant Z1007 see in next days Cant Z506
    Wow! Big accomplishment misson. Nice work.

I'm still trying to learn Gmax. Can appreciate your effort.

Cheerz, Dave

Cant 506b ep!!

Quote Originally Posted by dvslats View Post
    Wow! Big accomplishment misson. Nice work.

I'm still trying to learn Gmax. Can appreciate your effort.

Cheerz, Dave
    Thank u dvslats!!

Now one CANT 506B EP with animations working in cfs2!
    I keep working!

Icon27 Cant Z1007 Bideriva

Main parts working !
    I dont want to overload to Allen, so , I repeat my call for help.
    Airfile and Air files are needed.
    Dp files needed
    I can go for the gauges and textures also (although your gauges beepee looks so good..and would be very welcome), but after finish the models animations.
    Thank u!
    Mario

Members who have read this thread: 1