SSW Models - Page 6
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: SSW Models

Quote Originally Posted by YoYo View Post
    Just a question (but I have no idea than its a model of F-84F of SSW or something else). Last two times I noticed than after long flight on Thunderstreak (solo model, more than 40 minutes of flying) I heared "windows error sound" few times but without any messages, pause of FSX ect.

Its a something like recurrent sound of error only. Someone noticed too same or its my phobia only? ; >
    Sounds like the FSUIPC OOM (Out Of Memory) warning, aka the sound of death. The longer you fly and the more scenery is loaded in the sim, the more VAS memory is used and when you are reaching the limit, you get the warning sound and your flight may end with a CTD. There is lots of reading and advice on this topic on the internet. Some addons are more memory hungry than others due to complex models/VC's, hi res textures etc. One of the solutions is to reduce scenery settings.

Thank You, I will investigate it .

The flight is continued but actually, as I took a late end of flight in FSX the simulator had CTD in the end.
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Quote Originally Posted by zsoltquack View Post
    Hello SSW Team,

LAU-10 bug?
    I noticed when I use the rocket pod LAU-10 it after shot not eliminated the rocket count
    The last rounds disappears LAU-10
    Is it a bug?

Zsolt
    This phenomenon only G model
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=81650&dateline=141228  2824

Quote Originally Posted by hschuit View Post
    Sounds like the FSUIPC OOM (Out Of Memory) warning, aka the sound of death. The longer you fly and the more scenery is loaded in the sim, the more VAS memory is used and when you are reaching the limit, you get the warning sound and your flight may end with a CTD. There is lots of reading and advice on this topic on the internet. Some addons are more memory hungry than others due to complex models/VC's, hi res textures etc. One of the solutions is to reduce scenery settings.
    You can monitor the VAS usage using this Application http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/s.../bb896653.aspx

3 question
    1 : How about your fsx.cfg? can you send it to me please pvt ?
    2 : Dll.xml ? Can you send it to me?
    3: Scenery.cfg? Can you send it to me ? ( c:\program data\microsoft\fsx )

Thank you. If possible to send me also your rig ( cpu , graphic card , sysop etc )

Thank you
    Andrea

Lr-25

F-104G:

The LR-25 missile total bug

- first shot I not see the shooting
    - the second shot the rocket POD disappears

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=81650&dateline=141228  2824

Just as reminder for All.
    We have a support forum for all the questions regarding our models and for bugs report. In this way it is easier for us to have a situation awarness about all the problems and bugs.
    Thanks to all
    Emanuele

Quote Originally Posted by Pluto12 View Post
    Just as reminder for All.
    We have a support forum for all the questions regarding our models and for bugs report. In this way it is easier for us to have a situation awarness about all the problems and bugs.
    Thanks to all
    Emanuele
    Why? There I get an answer to the problem?

Zsolt

Why? There I get an answer to the problem?

Zsolt
    Very simple
    Because we have an official forum as all the other SH and it is not this one...simply and clear!
    Emanuele

And I just recently heard from a friend who had his computer die on him, that in order to reïnstall his product, he had to buy a new license...

In other words, they "made him an offer he couldn't refuse"...

Not so nice...

I replaced my machine last January and you need a new register entry for each aircraft. Install the aircraft, load once and a .ssw file appears in the FSX main directory. Email that to SSW and a new register file will be sent back free. AFAIK....!

DaveQ
    'Always do sober what you say you'll do when you're drunk. It'll teach you to keep you mouth shut' - Ernest Hemingway

I've replaced 2 times different components of my pc, and every time, in few hours, I've received the new key files, free of charge. If you don't change your simulator from FSX/P3D 1.x to P3D 2.x you don't need to buy again anything, it's clearly wrote in their site!

Quote Originally Posted by DaveQ View Post
    I replaced my machine last January and you need a new register entry for each aircraft. Install the aircraft, load once and a .ssw file appears in the FSX main directory. Email that to SSW and a new register file will be sent back free. AFAIK....!

DaveQ
    This is not true!
    The email system is not working!

SSW:

you have buyed a single licence key for your pc .

You have request the second activation for the second pc . For the second pc you have to buy a license ( 50% off ) .

For the 3rd pc is the same , you have to buy a new license ( 50 % off ) .

For the 4th Pc you have to buy a new license but without discount.

In case of you have to reinstall win7 is different , you have a valid license and we can reactivate it without problem's for the 1st , 2nd , 3rd , 4th pc.

We always check hw info and we know if you are installing license in one your pc or if you're installing on a new pc ( not your or new pc ) .

In case of one of the 2,3,4 pc demaged or have been substituted just inform previous, and we can find a solution.

I have buyed a license for the ASN , for my pc n1 , for my pc n2 , i have payed for a new license FULL PRICED without any discount, Same for the VRSf18 , same for the PMDG .

This is only an example, but that's is.

This fair business policy?

Quote Originally Posted by cortomalteseit View Post
    I've replaced many times different components of my pc, and every time, in few hours, I've received the new key files, free of charge. If you don't change your simulator from FSX/P3D 1.x to P3D 2.x you don't need to buy again anything, it's clearly wrote in their site!
    That's interesting, I'm waiting for a week for the second key
    How do you do it?

That's interesting, I'm waiting for a week for the second key
    How do you do it?
    Simply writing an e-mail, or opening a ticket...

From SSW:

"Hi Zsolt,
    what we need to do to convince you to use the help desk?
    we have written too many times that we can not provide support via email,
    we won't not respond to your email'sany more.
    Please use the help desk.
    /SSW
    BTW
    which second key are you meaning for ?
    we receive just a payment and a request for the F-84F activation key which has been processed and sent.
    No request nor payment received for a second key."

I have to say, the Help Desk does not help!

I'm over this... LOL

The installation of the model as well, I asked for a new key, it does not respond

This is not true!
    The email system is not working!

SSW:

you have buyed a single licence key for your pc .

You have request the second activation for the second pc . For the second pc you have to buy a license ( 50% off ) .

For the 3rd pc is the same , you have to buy a new license ( 50 % off ) .

For the 4th Pc you have to buy a new license but without discount.

In case of you have to reinstall win7 is different , you have a valid license and we can reactivate it without problem's for the 1st , 2nd , 3rd , 4th pc.

We always check hw info and we know if you are installing license in one your pc or if you're installing on a new pc ( not your or new pc ) .

In case of one of the 2,3,4 pc demaged or have been substituted just inform previous, and we can find a solution.

I have buyed a license for the ASN , for my pc n1 , for my pc n2 , i have payed for a new license FULL PRICED without any discount, Same for the VRSf18 , same for the PMDG .

This is only an example, but that's is.

This fair business policy?
    No it is not. IMHO it is not right...

A legit buyer should be able to install it on another PC when the first one died/crashed/went to computer heaven.

But asking people for money after a mishap is something that I would expect from banks or insurance companies, not from FS firms.

Hell, those firms have the buyers name, IP address and so forth. Nothing wrong in trusting your customers if and when the firm itself is legit. If they do ask for money, then that to me is a serious concern...

I know for a fact that any firm trying to do this in my country would find themselves in serious problems.

IMHO SSW should put this right. if only to save face.

Sorry for the rant.

Dumonceau

Here the Harrier
    Years ago I bought!
    Order date: 2012. 06. 17.
    Now I want to use this I get this response:

"What are you meaning? Maybe you have buyed an harrier? If so , you have buyed it before the new site and new policy due to piracy prevent.
    Since 01/09/2014 one license , 1 Pc , before that datge i don't know .

I'm in customer support since 01/09/2014 .

I see only a new purchase since 01/09/2014 order 97850127 f84f 1 license , 2 request for activation , 1 payment.
    when you buy a new license for the new pc , you will be activate for the new pc.
    other are updates to new models installer.

I'm sorry but i can't do more for you.

For any other question refer to help desk in main site.

Andrea"

Unfortunately, the help desk reject!
    This is what attitude?

Zsolt

Maybe I have misunderstood SSW policy on replacement keys but after my old PC crashed in 2013 and I bought my current PC soon after, they supplied me new keys free of charge when I sent them an email explaining the situation. They didn't hesitate and had me up and running again when I followed the procedure for normal install & validation. The way I've always interpreted 2nd or 3rd PC key purchases from most software outlets is for actual multiple installations (on different PC's) at the same time and I know people who have multiple PC's or PC users within their families or businesses who in such cases needed multiple installations which they had to purchase. My current PC is the only one I have my SSW & other copy protected software running on for FS but if/when I need to replace an HD or the entire system, yes, I believe a paying customer should be allowed to retain the right to utilize their original single PC use license without having to pay again.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

This is very similar to Windows when MS started monitoring how many times a copy was installed. They took a snap shot of your hardware and could tell how different subsequent installs there were. After one or two they wouldn't activate it anymore. If you changed out the HD or video card, no worries. If you added more memory, no worries. If you change out the mother board that could be a new computer and you would have to phone them to explain.

As was written above and is pretty universal for any software, you are buying a license to use the software on ONE personal computer and if they allow, you can make a backup copy. You are not buying a site license for use on several computers. But it sounds like if you want to do so you can and at a discount (50% off #2 and #3).

I've been in software development for 20 some years now and I've seen months of work be bought once and then that copy be made free to dozens of pirate site subscribers the same day. SSW are just protecting they time investment and sweat equity. Granted it is a real pain in the ass for those of us who fly right but it is the way it is.

Storm and I must have been on the same wave length.

Quote Originally Posted by fsafranek View Post
    This is very similar to Windows when MS started monitoring how many times a copy was installed. They took a snap shot of your hardware and could tell how different subsequent installs there were. After one or two they wouldn't activate it anymore. If you changed out the HD or video card, no worries. If you added more memory, no worries. If you change out the mother board that could be a new computer and you would have to phone them to explain.

As was written above and is pretty universal for any software, you are buying a license to use the software on ONE personal computer and if they allow, you can make a backup copy. You are not buying a site license for use on several computers. But it sounds like if you want to do so you can and at a discount (50% off #2 and #3).

I've been in software development for 20 some years now and I've seen months of work be bought once and then that copy be made free to dozens of pirate site subscribers the same day. SSW are just protecting they time investment and sweat equity. Granted it is a real pain in the ass for those of us who fly right but it is the way it is.
    So,

I am a customer, who all SSW model bought!
    So far, I have been polite, the patience runs short

Here the Harrier
    Years ago I bought!
    Order date: 2012. 06. 17.
    Now I want to use this I get this response:

"What are you meaning? Maybe you have buyed an harrier? If so , you have buyed it before the new site and new policy due to piracy prevent.
    Since 01/09/2014 one license , 1 Pc , before that datge i don't know .

I'm in customer support since 01/09/2014 .

I see only a new purchase since 01/09/2014 order 97850127 f84f 1 license , 2 request for activation , 1 payment.
    when you buy a new license for the new pc , you will be activate for the new pc.
    other are updates to new models installer.

I'm sorry but i can't do more for you.

For any other question refer to help desk in main site.

Andrea"

Unfortunately, the help desk reject!
    This is what attitude?

Zsolt
    Zsolt this is a private conversation trying to explain you what happened.

here you can see

Several times you have emailed us

Long time ago you have buyed f104 g and you have had your new activation key

And more from the help desk

You were not correct you used private conversations. You got all the answers to your questions, I think it's time for you to stop saying things that are not true.
    Have you been told once that if you wanted a second key you had to pay with a discount.

If you have had purchased harrier and you need the activation key because you downloaded a new model, this will be emailed as usual. When you ask for a second installation You have to pay with a discount (50%)

Andrea

Quote Originally Posted by fsafranek View Post
    Storm and I must have been on the same wave length.
    Frank, we are/have been a long time now!

Zsolt,

I don't really wish to get personally involved in this matter & was hoping to offer advice and a "medium of understanding" regarding how most of these matters work. Yes, having to deal with such matters can exhaust one's patience but I hope that you and SSW can get this matter taken care of in a timely manner. Perhaps in light of this, this is a good opportunity for Developers to make clarification and/or amendment of policy regarding existing customers who suffer catastrophic hardware failures so that they may still access their software. Understandably, both the developer/seller & end customers rightfully wish to protect their investment.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Members who have read this thread: 4