SSW Models - Page 2
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: SSW Models

Quote Originally Posted by zsoltquack View Post
    And Today?

I have just logged in now and the prize is still 20 euros. ????

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Dibujo.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	37.2 KB 
ID:	15560

Enter code of coupon and click save.
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Quote Originally Posted by jagl04 View Post
    I have just logged in now and the prize is still 20 euros. ????
    Don't forget to use the coupon code - given in the first post of this thread. It does work.

Dave

Thanks, I´ll do it

I know the thread is about the SSW sale but it's titled SSW Models so here's a quick question regarding the F104 sounds. I'd expect the Zipper to split my speakers but all I'm hearing is similar to an inverter sound both inside and out. It's not the APU as this comes on when it's turned on and goes off after the engine has fired up and I've turned it off. What remains is nothing like a furgin' great jet!! What have I missed??

Also, the throttle gate guard. I'd expect this to stop the lever going from idle to fuel cutoff but unless I have the sequencing wrong (likely) that aint happenin'. I've yet to land and taxi to where I want to go to before I've moved the throttle back too far and cut the fuel

Any ideas from you 104 vets??

ATB
    DaveB

Paid and downloaded. The airplane get in pause mode in five seconds intervals, I suppose that is the "time limit" until I get the activation key. Am I right?

Quote Originally Posted by jagl04 View Post
    Paid and downloaded. The airplane get in pause mode in five seconds intervals, I suppose that is the "time limit" until I get the activation key. Am I right?
    You are right , activation key will be sended via e-mail . I'm not tho one who can provide keys, keys are maded manually but not by me. Be patient the key is on the way .

Andrea

Quote Originally Posted by DaveB View Post
    I know the thread is about the SSW sale but it's titled SSW Models so here's a quick question regarding the F104 sounds. I'd expect the Zipper to split my speakers but all I'm hearing is similar to an inverter sound both inside and out. It's not the APU as this comes on when it's turned on and goes off after the engine has fired up and I've turned it off. What remains is nothing like a furgin' great jet!! What have I missed??

Also, the throttle gate guard. I'd expect this to stop the lever going from idle to fuel cutoff but unless I have the sequencing wrong (likely) that aint happenin'. I've yet to land and taxi to where I want to go to before I've moved the throttle back too far and cut the fuel

ATB
    DaveB
    Hei Dave , the sound you hear is the starter sound.When the engine is started after left click on the starter switch , right click on the starter switch and the sound goes off. ( the switch is a start stop switch as real plane gets )

For the engine stop sequence set throttle in idle , click on the throttle override guard ( yellow with black bars ) then left click switch and set throttle to off ( stop ) or click on the shtoff guard cover ( red ) and left click on the switch .Thi is the only way to shutdown engine . If those 2 switch are untouched , the engine wont stop with throttle in off position.

I will make a little tutorial video if my shadowplay come back alive. Hope this help

Also i suggest to download the aircraft manual from the ssw forum in user benefit section under zipper's ( both s & g ) flight manual topic when activated.

Andrea

The F-104G is it differcult to start or a ctrl+e aircraft?

i7-4770K 4.4 Ghz - ASUS z87 PRO - Corsair H100i - 16 gig Kingston Beast DDR3 2166 Mhz - Gainward GTX 1070 GS GLH - CX 750M PSU - CoolerMaster HAF X case

Not ctrl+e but very easy to start, following a few steps. In less than 1 minute you´re in the air
    Flavio - P3D v4.5 - MSFS 2020 - Win 11 Pro 64
    i912900KF 5.2ghz - ASUS TUFZ690 - AIO Cooler Master PL360 Flux Masterliquid - 32gb Kingston Fury 3600mhz - Asus RTX 2080 Super - AGON 32'' AG323FCXE 165mhz -
    MCP 737R 2015 Virtual Avionics - SSDs M2 2Tb+1Tb XPG

Woohoo! Thanks for the heads up on the sale. I added the F-104G to my stable. Without going off topic, are any of the SSW stable Tac Pack compatible?

Thanks for a great looking bird.
    Last edited by strykerpsg; November 21st, 2014 at 17:52. Reason: typo
    ....my other Stryker is a 2019 Challenger Hellcat Redeye.....

Matt

Thanks for the sale SSW... just parked an F84 in the hanger. Just waiting for the activation script.

In the mean time, where's the canopy switch
    Your English is better than my French, German, Italian, Spanish.... so no worries my friends!

Move the yellow handle on left backwards until you hear a "clunk", then drag the canopy down from the knob on the right side of the csnopy. Remember to secure before take-off.

These planes are gems, but obviously the makers don't want to become rich. Buying, paying etc was a bit too demanding. This far I haven't found information why there is so many variations. Are those Ubuntus for Linux OS?

I've wanted the SSW F-104 for a very long time; I, too, was simply ignored by the folks at SSW by never having a registration request answered. I saw this thread early this morning and decided to give it another try. I was amazed when my registration went straight through.

So I bought the F104G, downloaded and installed it right away. That's when the fun started. Fortunately, today was my day off...

The SSW activation process isn't exactly foolproof. The first time I installed the model, the installer didn't ask for activation. I figured out something was wrong when trying to close the canopy and kept getting paused with "Demo model" streaming across the screen. So I reinstalled the model, stumbled onto the correct process, and got activated within minutes.

Back in the cockpit, every bloody step--closing the canopy, starting the engine, getting the INS up, engaging nosewheel steering, etc.--took a trip to the SSW forum, combing through two documents, and browsing Youtube. Thirteen hours later I can finally fly and navigate the thing. I haven't started on weapons yet.

For the record, I think it's a great model, and I will use it very much. But there is no excuse under the sun for the lack of easy-to-use documentation. I like this hobby very much, but I have a job, home, and family, and can't abide this sort of time-consuming foolishness. It's like SSW is trying to make me go through hazing for the privilege of flying the model I paid for.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveB View Post

ATB
    DaveB
    Here a little video, sorry for quality

Quote Originally Posted by andrea6811 View Post
    Here a little video, sorry for quality

Thanks for that Andrea I'd not been right clicking the starter switch and will make sure I keep the idle guard closed

EDIT: Yes and Yes.. not right clicking the starter was the cause of the sound I was hearing and NOT clicking the throttle guard has me going wherever I want. Excellent.

ATB
    DaveB

Quote Originally Posted by Tube and Rag View Post
    I've wanted the SSW F-104 for a very long time; I, too, was simply ignored by the folks at SSW by never having a registration request answered. I saw this thread early this morning and decided to give it another try. I was amazed when my registration went straight through.

So I bought the F104G, downloaded and installed it right away. That's when the fun started. Fortunately, today was my day off...

The SSW activation process isn't exactly foolproof. The first time I installed the model, the installer didn't ask for activation. I figured out something was wrong when trying to close the canopy and kept getting paused with "Demo model" streaming across the screen. So I reinstalled the model, stumbled onto the correct process, and got activated within minutes.

Back in the cockpit, every bloody step--closing the canopy, starting the engine, getting the INS up, engaging nosewheel steering, etc.--took a trip to the SSW forum, combing through two documents, and browsing Youtube. Thirteen hours later I can finally fly and navigate the thing. I haven't started on weapons yet.

For the record, I think it's a great model, and I will use it very much. But there is no excuse under the sun for the lack of easy-to-use documentation. I like this hobby very much, but I have a job, home, and family, and can't abide this sort of time-consuming foolishness. It's like SSW is trying to make me go through hazing for the privilege of flying the model I paid for.

Hi....
    It is strange that we answer about you registration request becasue the entire process is automatic....maybe the old website had some problem in this way, and for this reason we have changed the whole site

from cold and dark to the air our models requires at least 5 minutes....I know that it is not so immediate at the beginning, but I can assure that you can ( In italy the real QRA F104 had to take off after 5 minutes from the call....and so it is possible with the model ....)...for this reason inside the aircarft folder you can find two documents the zipperhints,pdf, and the zipperfordummies.pdf....Inside this documents you can find all the essential informatiosn to get the Zipper into the air.
    Hope this helps
    Regards
    Emanuele

Quote Originally Posted by strykerpsg View Post
    Woohoo! Thanks for the heads up on the sale. I added the F-104G to my stable. Without going off topic, are any of the SSW stable Tac Pack compatible?

Thanks for a great looking bird.

Hi...
    becasue of our policy, and our new tecnolgy for combat - multiplayer purpose called vACMI, I can say that no SSW products will be TackPack compatible, but only vACMI compatible...Sorry
    Regards
    Emanuele

How does one get access to the SSW forums? I can not find register button...

i7-4770K 4.4 Ghz - ASUS z87 PRO - Corsair H100i - 16 gig Kingston Beast DDR3 2166 Mhz - Gainward GTX 1070 GS GLH - CX 750M PSU - CoolerMaster HAF X case

Quote Originally Posted by Montie View Post
    How does one get access to the SSW forums? I can not find register button...
    Hi....there is no registration to the forum, because only customers can register. After purchasing a model you will receive a mail with the credential to acces to the forum.(it requires a little time because it is not an automatic process).
    Inside you can find all our "User-beneftis" as Sceneries, Manuals and others
    Regards
    Emanuele

Quote Originally Posted by Pluto12 View Post
    Hi....
    It is strange that we answer about you registration request becasue the entire process is automatic....maybe the old website had some problem in this way, and for this reason we have changed the whole site

from cold and dark to the air our models requires at least 5 minutes....I know that it is not so immediate at the beginning, but I can assure that you can ( In italy the real QRA F104 had to take off after 5 minutes from the call....and so it is possible with the model ....)...for this reason inside the aircarft folder you can find two documents the zipperhints,pdf, and the zipperfordummies.pdf....Inside this documents you can find all the essential informatiosn to get the Zipper into the air.
    Hope this helps
    Regards
    Emanuele
    And I am grateful your website is much, much better. Zipperfordummies.pdf does not come with the F104G. Maybe it should.

Downloaded, activated and flying. After 60 minutes learning to use it, I was able to land on the Juan Carlos I without problems.

Name:	harrierssw.jpg 
Size:	51.1 KB 
ID:	15603

By the way, I made the textures for the Cavour several years ago, and I supposed the ship was to be included in this package. ¿Can I find the Cavour somewhere in the package, or is it available anywhere?
    In fact, I have it, but since I´m not the owner of the model (I only made and added textures), I use it only in my computer.

Name:	cavour7.jpg 
Size:	57.1 KB 
ID:	15604Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CAVOUR1.jpg 
Size:	48.5 KB 
ID:	15605
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails CAVOUR4.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by Tube and Rag View Post
    And I am grateful your website is much, much better. Zipperfordummies.pdf does not come with the F104G. Maybe it should.
    Thanks for all....I will upload the zipperfordummies and I wil post here the link for all
    Regards
    Emanuele

Here the link

https://www.dropbox.com/s/l3wpy0rci6...mmies.pdf?dl=0

Members who have read this thread: 4