SSW Models - Page 3
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: SSW Models

Hi...
    in our forum you can find the installer of the Cavour under "User benefits" thread...there are also others goodies for our customers such airbases or sceneries
    Regards
    Emanuele

Quote Originally Posted by Pluto12 View Post
    Hi...
    becasue of our policy, and our new tecnolgy for combat - multiplayer purpose called vACMI, I can say that no SSW products will be TackPack compatible, but only vACMI compatible...Sorry
    Regards
    Emanuele
    Thanks for the update Pluto. Still a great rendition of a Cold War classic.
    ....my other Stryker is a 2019 Challenger Hellcat Redeye.....

Matt

Anyone else catching extremely slow download speeds from their server? My service has a typical 30-35Mbps download speeds, but this file is only 640 Mb and it's taking hours........

I've run the speed test to ensure it's not on my end, still getting average of 32 Mbps. Thoughts?

Matt

I have to say that my download wasn't the fastest thing I've ever experienced. I didn't know how big the file was mind you (F104G) so I just say tight and kept moving the mouse every now and again to stop the pc going to sleep. In the end.. the F104G weighed in at 640mb (the exe).

ATB
    DaveB

Purchased also the F-104G as also vACMI and waiting for activation keys.
    I have a question about vACMI (though I read the manual) :

Will the functionality of SAM & AAA be available in other planes also apart from the SSW models ?....
    Since I fly in FSX Military Missions exclusively, I'd like to have this option also (single player)...
    Is this feature something you schedule for end of November ?

Thank's.
    My Military Flight Videos :

LOL! I hear ya Dave. I am now at 56% and will let it run it's course through the night. I am looking forward to running it through it's paces.

On a side note, there was mention of freeware scenery in an earlier post by Pluto, I think, but I don't see it on their site. I see their ACMI stuff and service packs for the F-84 and F-104S, but nothing else. Is it on the forums perhaps?

And, speaking of forums, I do not see a place to create an account and when I log on with the account info, I cannot gain access. Is the only way to access the forums is to register via Facebook? I hope not, as I really despise that medium for communications.

Matt

Quote Originally Posted by xpelekis View Post
    Purchased also the F-104G as also vACMI and waiting for activation keys.
    I have a question about vACMI (though I read the manual) :

Will the functionality of SAM & AAA be available in other planes also apart from the SSW models ?....
    Since I fly in FSX Military Missions exclusively, I'd like to have this option also (single player)...
    Is this feature something you schedule for end of November ?

Thank's.
    We are working on a universal gauge vACMI for all other planes to be used in multiplayer session.
    You can use vACMI in single player and multiplayer with all of our models.
    SAM and AAA it's available now only with vACMI native models ( all our models ) .

until today are implemented those functions : SAM - AA and AG attack - AAR start and stop , all integrated in vACMI web interface
    as you can see here

Quote Originally Posted by strykerpsg View Post
    LOL! I hear ya Dave. I am now at 56% and will let it run it's course through the night. I am looking forward to running it through it's paces.

On a side note, there was mention of freeware scenery in an earlier post by Pluto, I think, but I don't see it on their site. I see their ACMI stuff and service packs for the F-84 and F-104S, but nothing else. Is it on the forums perhaps?

And, speaking of forums, I do not see a place to create an account and when I log on with the account info, I cannot gain access. Is the only way to access the forums is to register via Facebook? I hope not, as I really despise that medium for communications.
    Hi guy,

For the SSW forum you will be activated after the activation key . It's a reserved area for consumer only. There you can find some user benefit like manuals , sceneryes apart of
    dedicated forum regarding all of our models.

We don't have any automated system so any activation will be applied manually.

Andrea

Quote Originally Posted by andrea6811 View Post
    Hi guy,

For the SSW forum you will be activated after the activation key . It's a reserved area for consumer only. There you can find some user benefit like manuals , sceneryes apart of
    dedicated forum regarding all of our models.

We don't have any automated system so any activation will be applied manually.

Andrea
    Thanks Andrea. I will get it installed in the morning after a very long download....really long for it's size, just saying. I will then register and look forward to joining that forum as well. Thanks for actively seeking and answering the noob. It's much appreciated.

Matt

Hello Mate

Yup.. as Andrea said in his reply, as soon as your activation key has arrived.. you'll receive further emails saying that you've been registered on the SSW forums along with the username and password you're registered with.
    I had a look through there yesterday and to be honest.. it's a bit hit and miss. Zsolt posted at least one paint there (one of which a couple had problems with) but the links for it don't work despite other users asking for it. There IS scenery available but no screenshots exist (the links are out of date.. I presume due to the new site) so whatever you download.. you won't know what to expect until it's been installed.. if indeed the scenery links are still active. Perhaps this will be sorted in the fullness of time as this site IS new.

In the end.. I hope you find the wait has been worth it. I really like the Starfighter and this model is good.. no doubt about it. It flies much, much better than I expected and is very different from the old Alpha model. The start routine isn't particularly long-winded but I feel something like this should have a 'Quick Start' shortcut as per the Milviz Sabre and F15. The realism is there if you want it or a couple of clicks if you don't. With the 104.. you HAVE to start as per the start routine or you'll get nowhere. I expected more repaints to be available for the 'G'.. especially US repaints.

Have fun out there

ATB
    DaveB

Last edited by YoYo; November 23rd, 2014 at 13:44.
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Thunderstreak is marvellous! Really a hidden gem. One bug though, gear lever function is opposite. Lever down, gears up. Seems to be present also in older versions.

I don´t mind the start up, actually it should be basic feature. Its just irritating how the "big names" have neglected it (Majestic, PMDG, Razbam...)

I find the F-104G VC quite outdated compared to wonderful F-84. Kills the immersion a bit. Otherwise it also flies nicely.

Same problem with the gear (I use Saitek panel), but maybe I must do something before gear up. I didnt read manual yet. Just quick flights .
    It is "too" stupid for bug only (from 2013....) I think. Perhaps whole check list and will be ok.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Pluto, how long does it take to get activated? I sent the automatic activation last night and had hoped it might be in my inbox by the time I got home. Looking forward to flying this around the great Barrier Reef and the PNW.

Thanks,
    Matt

Matt

Pluto, how long does it take to get activated? I sent the automatic activation last night and had hoped it might be in my inbox by the time I got home. Looking forward to flying this around the great Barrier Reef and the PNW.

Thanks,
    Matt
    Hi Matt..
    due our anti piracy policy, the activation keys are "Human-generated" there is a person who generates the keys....it means that can happen to wait a little more to get the keys during the week-end. During the week, normally, the keys are generated in few hours, not the same in the week end because can happen that we are busy with our families and we are not at Home. Sometimes it depends also by the local time of the request because we are in GMT+1 zone
    I am quite sure that the keys will arrive today in few hours.....let me Know
    Regards
    Emanuele

Hi Matt..
    due our anti piracy policy, the activation keys are "Human-generated" there is a person who generates the keys....it means that can happen to wait a little more to get the keys during the week-end. During the week, normally, the keys are generated in few hours, not the same in the week end because can happen that we are busy with our families and we are not at Home. Sometimes it depends also by the local time of the request because we are in GMT+1 zone
    I am quite sure that the keys will arrive today in few hours.....let me Know
    Regards
    Emanuele
    Emanuele,

Sorry, I forgot 1/2 of the world is behind us, time wise. Enjoy your weekend. I will look for it in the next 48 hours. Thanks for the reply.

Matt

Matt

Emanuele,

Sorry, I forgot 1/2 of the world is behind us, time wise. Enjoy your weekend. I will look for it in the next 48 hours. Thanks for the reply.

Matt

No problem Matt....World wide web is a great thing and it happens that we forget the distances...also time-related
    Regards
    Emanuele

Matt

Any news about this bug/procedures of landing gears in F-84F?

Quote Originally Posted by YoYo View Post
    Any news about this bug/procedures of landing gears in F-84F?

And ground shaking effect ?

+1
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=81650&dateline=141228  2824

What's the issue you guys are seeing with the gear lever? AFAIK mine is fine. Handle up - gear up. Handle down - gear down. As labeled. I control my gear through a Saitek X-55 using the Toggle Gear keyboard command on a momentary toggle switch on the throttle side of the HOTAS.

I did 'break' the gear once by accidentally deploying it at high speed - then they sort of hung half open with the handle up.. but I don;t imagine that's what you're all seeing.
    Your English is better than my French, German, Italian, Spanish.... so no worries my friends!

Quote Originally Posted by YoYo View Post
    Same problem with the gear (I use Saitek panel), but maybe I must do something before gear up. I didnt read manual yet. Just quick flights .
    It is "too" stupid for bug only (from 2013....) I think. Perhaps whole check list and will be ok.
    Can you explain what happen with landing gear lever ?

Take a look here ( sorry for low quality vid )

Quote Originally Posted by andrea6811 View Post
    Can you explain what happen with landing gear lever ?

Take a look here ( sorry for low quality vid )

Well I can see what you're all complaining about. Weird! I haven't seen this behaviour yet on my install.
    Your English is better than my French, German, Italian, Spanish.... so no worries my friends!

Hi...
    it is really strange because the landing gear lever has the right behaviour....up for gear up....and down for gear down. Animation are "model related" so it is possible that it is some external software that modified the behaviour.....
    About emergency procedure, as reported in the manual : lever down, and then put it down again to the emergency position (right click on it)...if you cannot get the three green assume a g-negative fly or shacking left to right...( if you cannot get the three green yet...cycle the handle up to down)...

About the "ground shaking", we cannot replicate the behaviour ( and we have differents rigs with differents installation and models)...we had experienced issues due to the accu-feel (but with the Harrier)...so if you have it, try to shut off the program and see what happens.

Regards
    Emanuele

Hi...
    it is really strange because the landing gear lever has the right behaviour....up for gear up....and down for gear down. Animation are "model related" so it is possible that it is some external software that modified the behaviour.....
    About emergency procedure, as reported in the manual : lever down, and then put it down again to the emergency position (right click on it)...if you cannot get the three green assume a g-negative fly or shacking left to right...( if you cannot get the three green yet...cycle the handle up to down)...

About the "ground shaking", we cannot replicate the behaviour ( and we have differents rigs with differents installation and models)...we had experienced issues due to the accu-feel (but with the Harrier)...so if you have it, try to shut off the program and see what happens.

Regards
    Emanuele
    I do not use accu-feel tool.....but still shaking
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=81650&dateline=141228  2824

Members who have read this thread: 4