Jimmie Johnson's Take On the Points System

Thread: Jimmie Johnson's Take On the Points System

Lightbulb Jimmie Johnson's Take On the Points System

He believed, based on performance during the regular season, the finale should have been between Harvick, Team Penske drivers Logano and Brad Keselowski, and Jeff Gordon...
    I agree, these drivers were the class of the field during the entirety of the season.

''We need to do something to drive the viewership up,'' said Johnson, who supports heat races capped by a final A main-style race slotted into a television window.
    ''Maybe we qualify on Saturday and that's televised, and then run some heat races and a feature on Sunday, in a four-hour time window,'' he said. ''It sticks to our roots, sticks with what we've always had and done, gives some natural pauses for the show for the social element at the track. I think that would be a pretty entertaining format.''
    And a great idea. It is all about viewership and attendance, money. Plain and simple, NASCAR is a big money sport and without millions of fans watching and buying tickets, NASCAR withers.
    My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

Hey All,

No argument from me. I think this chase format needs some work but the idea of a "post season" I think is absolutely sound. Grandpa's way just can't cut it in this day and age.

-Ed-
    My heroes have always been cowboys and they all carried guns-
    and they all rode horses-that is all but one.
    When he went to the rescue he flew a Cessna plane.
    His ranch was called the "Flying Crown" and "Sky King" was his name. -Jim Dilly-

The rich man writes the book of laws that the poor man must defend, but the highest laws are written on the hearts of honest men. - Ricky Skaggs-

Members who have read this thread: 0