OT...AICarriers Question

Thread: OT...AICarriers Question

OT...AICarriers Question

Does anyone know if there is a limit to how many entries AICarriers will accept? I was able to get to [formation.30]title=CVN65 Enterprise 90s Empty, but nothing appears after that entry.

Hey Mal - that's quite a few! I have never made up more than about a dozen so have never maxed out on number of formations. Have several for each period, e.g., WWII, Korea, SEA, contemporary. Can't have enough carriers! Long winded way for me to say, "I don't know!"
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Quote Originally Posted by mal998 View Post
    Does anyone know if there is a limit to how many entries AICarriers will accept? I was able to get to [formation.30]title=CVN65 Enterprise 90s Empty, but nothing appears after that entry.
    I have several .cfg files all of which get loaded by aicarriers. One of those files goes up to [formation.46], another one containing Nimitz and Enterprise goes to [formation.35], another one containing Soviet subs goes to [formation.15], and so on... In total, I have probably about 70-80 entries showing in the aicarriers popup. So, the answer is no, I don't believe there is a limit. If I were you, I'd carefully check the 31st entry in your cfg file, make sure everything referenced does exist.

Just create a new cfg and name it what ever, then put the entry in it and save. Then just place into the config folder. I have all my cfg's setup for different navies and time periods, makes it easier to add new ships as they come out of dry dock or off the slip way.

Joe
    I7 6700K @ 4.8 / Gigabyte Z170X UD3 / 16GB G.Skill TridentZ 3200mhz / EVGA GTX 1070 Ti FTW Ultra 8GB / EVGA SuperNova 750 G2
    Samsung 960 Evo NVMe M.2 250gb Boot Drive / 960 Evo 1 TB SSD - Game Drive / WD Blue 500GB SSD - Sim Drive / WD Black 1TB HD
    Fractal Design Celsius S36 AIO Cooler / Fractal Design Define R6 / LG
    32GK850G-B 32" 1440P 144Hz G-Sync Monitor

Thank you guys!

I'm up to 61 in my normal config but that doesn't include the many entries I have in my conf.d folder. As noted above, any significant error in the config as well as the original model folder can cause issues. I have managed to screw up my fair share of them only to find the error was a single mistype!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Actually Mitch I think it's because after the Enterprise what more do you need?

Members who have read this thread: 0