Alabeo Staggerwing vc repaint without the yoke shadows
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Alabeo Staggerwing vc repaint without the yoke shadows

Alabeo Staggerwing vc repaint without the yoke shadows

Has this been done by anyone, please? Why on earth did they put a yoke shadow on the panel??!!
    Many thanks
    Dave
    Windows 8.1 64 bit
    P3D v3.4
    P3D v4.5
    FSX-SE
    X-Plane 11

Hi
    There's a file to change that "staggerwing no yoke shadow.zip" to eliminate the shadow if you want. Canīt remember where I got it or the author. Can send it to you if you PM me think it would be legal...
    Think the yoke shadow has to do with model, not with repaints. Removed mine anda works with all repaints.

Cheers

Many thanks. I got it sorted with a repaint.
    Windows 8.1 64 bit
    P3D v3.4
    P3D v4.5
    FSX-SE
    X-Plane 11

Care to share, for others?

As I recall, it's not that it's supposed to be a shadow, but rather it's supposed to be the "reflection" of the yoke on the "glossy" panel (you'll note too that the seats are "reflected" in the panel as are the braces/posts).

The 'shadow' put me off the aeroplane after I first saw it and from that day deleted it from my virtual hangar. If there is a fix, I would love to know as perhaps in the future would reload the design into my sim. Having a few hours behind the real thing, I was really looking forward to this, but now maybe it's time to give it a second chance.

Many thanks,

Martin

Firekitten and Ron Attwood both produced a vc texture file minus the yoke shadow. If neither of them show up here I'll attach the texture to a post.
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    Firekitten and Ron Atkinson both produce a vc texture file minus the yoke shadow. If neither of them show up here I'll attache the texture to a post.
    Roger,

Many thanks, but a friend of mine sent me the relevant file this morning. Wasn't quite sure where it had to go, but found out by looking in the texture folders first! Got there in the end!

Now, re-installed and hoping to beat my real life time in the days ahead. Currently off work awaiting work on my shoulder so should have some sim time soon. Now got to see if can find a repaint for G-BRVE, the Staggerwing I used to fly in.

This is what SOH is all about. Helping one another when problems arise!

Many thanks,

Martin

Could you please share this file with us?
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by big-mike View Post
    Could you please share this file with us?
    Mike
    Not sure how to do it here and unsure of the legalities, but if anyone wants a copy of the file I have, please by all means PM me and I'll email it over.

Cheers,

Martin

Quote Originally Posted by thefrog View Post
    Many thanks. I got it sorted with a repaint.
    You could say where you got it and who did it.

Here maybe?

Sorry Ron, very rude of me, an unusual oversight on my part. The file did the trick. Many thanks
    Dave
    Windows 8.1 64 bit
    P3D v3.4
    P3D v4.5
    FSX-SE
    X-Plane 11

No worries mate. Glad it works for you.

Could I please get a copy of said file. I hate the shadows on the panel.
    ~Justin

"I fly because it releases my mind from the tyranny of petty things . . ." — Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

Quote Originally Posted by Corpse_Grinder View Post
    Could I please get a copy of said file. I hate the shadows on the panel.
    http://forum.avsim.net/topic/455735-...e-yoke-shadow/

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Attwood View Post
    You could say where you got it and who did it.

Here maybe?

Your link will not allow download of any files.

Quote Originally Posted by T6flyer View Post
    Not sure how to do it here and unsure of the legalities, but if anyone wants a copy of the file I have, please by all means PM me and I'll email it over.

Cheers,

Martin
    I just bout this today and so I would like a copy of the no shadow too please. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by big-mike View Post
    Didn't work for me, i.e., was asked if I wanted to upgrade mediafire account and didn't get a download.

Quote Originally Posted by T6flyer View Post
    Roger,

Many thanks, but a friend of mine sent me the relevant file this morning. Wasn't quite sure where it had to go, but found out by looking in the texture folders first! Got there in the end!

Now, re-installed and hoping to beat my real life time in the days ahead. Currently off work awaiting work on my shoulder so should have some sim time soon. Now got to see if can find a repaint for G-BRVE, the Staggerwing I used to fly in.

This is what SOH is all about. Helping one another when problems arise!

Many thanks,

Martin

I put the replacement file in the texture.common (hope that was right place for it). Now I am wondering where the yoke shadow was. Your panel looks lighter then mine which is a bit darker

Attachment 15795

I don't currently have the Alabeo Staggerwing, although I played with the file Ron has a bit.
    I'll upload sometime soon.

Pay no attention to the backwards lettering as it does not affect the file I created.

Quote Originally Posted by OleBoy View Post
    I don't currently have the Alabeo Staggerwing, although I played with the file Ron has a bit.
    I'll upload sometime soon.

Pay no attention to the backwards lettering as it does not affect the file I created.
    Wow!! looking forward to that. Thanks

You betcha.
    Hopefully this looks alright. A screenshot would be appreciated for my visuals.

Two posts down you'll find the link
    Last edited by OleBoy; November 26th, 2014 at 07:50.

You betcha.
    Hopefully this looks alright. A screenshot would be appreciated for my visuals.
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...d=117&id=19178
    Here is what it looks like on my rig Oldboy, Is this the desired effect? Is the shadow on the top of the dash (Just below the compass) suppose to look like that.
    The bottom part of the panel is lighter and less of contrast from the instruments.

one below is from beaufighter and noted in yellow is splotchy texture in panel areas.

Ahh crap. Not only is it upside down, but the wrong file type.
    This is a perfect example that having the model to test things is the best approach.

This should fix that. http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...d=117&id=19180

Ahh crap. Not only is it upside down, but the wrong file type.
    This is a perfect example that having the model to test things is the best approach.

This should fix that. http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...d=117&id=19180
    Well, here is the changes. I circled in yellow what looks like a mottled look. i.e. a little pixelated with some red squares or reddish tint showing. Don't know if anything can be done about that.

Members who have read this thread: 0