A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category FSX Scenery Objects

Description: Soul Prana's Weathered Taxiway lines and Airport signs - V 1.0 (www.soulprana.com/msfstaxisigns.html)

Please visit the site to post comments or suggestions. Love to hear your feedback!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Everything around us is affected by wear and tear from usage and also by the environment around us. I always found it annoying that everything in Microsoft flight simulator is neat and tidy, as if airports were recently built. Effects of weathering is hardly introduced in the simulator and and with the texture pack it, will show the effect of wear and tear with regard to the airport signs, taxiway lines, hold short lines etc. I am not including any taxiway surface textures as there are great ones out there that are freeware. I hope this airport signs and taxiway centerline markings will add an extra realism to your flight simming.

Taxiway Markings/Center-line (fs9 only)
1. Taxiway center line and markings shows a weathered look to them.
2. Taxiway lines are clearer and sharper compared to the default taxiway line markings.

Airport Signs (fs9/FSX compatible).
1. Airport signs now have dirt and grime, showing the toll of nature.

Installation Instructions:
----------------------------------

Before installation please make backup copies of these two files that are in your Fs9\Texture folder (default path is C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9\Texture)

1. aptsign.bmp
2. taxiway_marks.bmp

- Installing weathered taxiway center lines

Copy taxiway_marks.bmp and the aptsign.bmp provided with the zip file to your texture folder after you have made backup of your original taxiway_marks.bmp file. You can also copy the texture folder in the zip to the main folder of flight simulator 2004. Please make sure texture folder should NOT go inside the texture folder of FS2004. Only files should go inside the texture folder. Always, restart flight simulator after you have made any changes. You can use the aptsign.bmp for FSX as well, just copy it into the texture folder after making backup of the original bmp file. I haven't worked on the taxiway lines for FSX, maybe in a future release.

Distribution:
---------------------------------------

You can also use these bmp files in any commercial or freeware programs as long as www.soulprana.com is given credit and is absolved from any liability arising from its usage. These files are presented as is and I will not be held liable for any damage to your system or files. You are using these file at your own risk. The files are virus free and are only image/text files. Files can be directly downloaded from the below link which needs to be provided when distributing. Please feel free to distribute.

http://www.soulprana.com/msfstaxisigns.html

Visit the above link for feedbacks and suggestions.
------------------------------------------------------------

Realistic runway/taxiway lighting

If you need realistic airport and runway lighting system please check out http://www.soulprana.com/msfsrunwaylights.html The lights are compatible with FS9 and FSX.

Thank you,

Joe.

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit soulprana_airport_signs_1.zip
The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.