A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category FSX Scenery Objects

Description: Canada Day Fireworks Project for 2012 by Josef of FSXTipline.

Two new places such as Langley, BC & Newmarket, ON added AND the Canadian territorial capitals deleted - please read the readme. Compiled by Google + Google Earth + FSX Acceleration SDK's BglComp.exe from FSX Gold. Enjoy!

FSXTipline.blogspot.com way too occassionally posts updates of my work. I will resolve to post updates more often.

Finally, I've taken a bit of artistic license at places as to length and location - figure you might like that. I can't believe Toronto's Ontario Place isn't having fireworks on the beautiful Toronto waterfront.

===DEDICATION===
From an American to Canada's Armed Forces for your service in helping protect America from WWI to WWII to Korea to OPERATION DESERT STORM to OPERATION YELLOW RIBBON to OPERATION NOBLE EAGLE after 9/11 to Afghanistan... some of us Yanks won't forget and will be grateful.

---HOW TO INSTALL---
#1. Just to be safe, make sure you delete last year's Canada_july_fw.BGL in your Addon Scenery\Scenery folder OR any special folder you created.

#2. Paste the Canada Day Fireworks 2012 folder in your FSX Addon Scenery Folder.

#3. Activate the addon scenery as you would any other scenery package EXCEPT make sure Canada Day Fireworks 2012 is above ALL your ORBX scenery. I did learn thanks to e-mail correspondence this is necessary.

---REFERENCE FILE---
I decided for those who may have trouble finding the fireworks displays to include the XML source file w/ the GPS coordinates rendered from research & Google Earth.

Note: HOD=22,22;MOH=15,55; means the fireworks start locally at 22:15 & end at 22:55 hours.

---FIREWORKS LOCATIONS---
First, apologies for the use of miles instead of kilometers below. But again I am an American trying to be nice. Enuf said.

I picked these communities by either being a provincial or territorial capital or a major city. I am very partial to British Columbia - hence fireworks in Victoria, Vancouver & so many other cities as per below. I skipped Quebec because there are FSX files for Montreal & Quebec City, plus I don't know if they really celebrate Canada Day. If you have a request for a Canadian city, just e-mail me at josefk AT USA DOT com.

Unless noted otherwise fireworks go from 10:15 to 10:55 PM local time... but some ARE noted otherwise. **READ below BEFORE you fly please!**

Canada Day Fireworks are in the following by order of placement in the XML file:

Victoria, BC - in front of the BC Legislature in the harbor several miles south of the international airport right @ the seaplane airport (Free advice: Victoria+ would be a good freeware idea)

Vancouver, BC - 2 places - west of the Lion's Gate bridge & in the harbor both of which several miles north of the International Airport. BOTH go off at 10:30 until 10:55 PM. (Free advice: Buying Vancouver+ would make this better)

St. John's, Newfoundland - just south-southeast of the airport in the city's bay

Halifax, Nova Scotia - 15 miles almost due south of Halifax-Stanfield in the center of town, 4 miles west by northwest of Halifax-Shearwater (now a heliport)

Charlettetown, PEI - 3.5 miles south of the airport, shouldn't miss it

Fredericton, New Brunswick - 10 miles northwest of the airport

Saint John, New Brunswick - About 10 miles west-southwest of the aiport in the harbor

Ottawa, Ontario - Just to the north of the Canadian Parliament

Toronto, Ontario - A special case. I used a list of Toronto Canada Day firework sites from About.com in 2011, then ran them thru Google Earth and just put 1 barge in for most of the events. One fireworks barge goes off at 9:45 at Asbridge's Bay park until 10:45. Another is just west of Toronto Downsview from 10 to 10:45 PM. (Free advice: 10:15 to 10:55 NOT a good time to land on runway 08 or take off from runway 26 from Toronto Island/Toronto City Centre Airport/Billy Bishop Toronto City Airport/CYTZ due to the Ontario Place fireworks you'd have to fly through.)

Hamilton, Ontario - Standard time, about 7.5 miles north by northwest of the airport on the south side of the inlet.

Niagara Falls, Ontario - 10 to 10:45 between the two falls... Around 20 miles northwest of Buffalo International, 9.25 miles southeast from St. Catherines or 6.59 miles west by southwest from Niagara Falls International or 2.62 miles south of the Niagara Falls heliport

Windsor, Ontario - Standard time, three barges, just west of Windsor International & upstream of the Ambassador Bridge on the Detroit River. I just decided to make it Canada Day instead of every Monday of Canada Day week since FSX can't handle picking Mondays and only Mondays to shoot off fireworks. Put differently to shoot off fireworks: You have to pick a date on the calendar.

Thunder Bay, Ontario - 11 until 11:30 (it's their idea not mine), on the waterfront 7 miles northeast of the airport

Winnipeg, Manitoba - 2 sites both 11 until 11:30. 1 is 1.45 miles south of Winnipeg International, the other is 5.23 miles east of Winnipeg International

Regina, Sasketchewan - 1 site from 10:30 until 11 2 miles east of the airport in the lake in front of the Provincial Parliament.

Saskatoon, Sasketchewan - 1 site from 10:30 until 11 4.5 miles south of the airport

Calgary, Alberta - 1 site from 10:45 until 11 at Olympic Plaza. 4 miles south of the International Airport.

Edmonton, Alberta - 1 site from 11 until 11:30 3 miles south of Edmonton Muincipal or 15.69 miles north of Edmonton International

Kelowna, BC - 7 miles southwest of the airport

Kamloops, BC - 4 miles east by southeast of the airport

Prince George, BC - 11 until 11:30 PM 5.25 miles north by northwest of the airport at the CN Centre

Prince Rupert, BC - 11 until 11:30 PM 5.82 miles north of the airport

Campbell River, BC - 11 until 11:30 PM 6.51 north by northwest of the land airport

Comox, BC - 10:30 until 11 PM 3.65 miles of the airport & Air Base (fictional, but since it's a major air base... w/ freeware airport)

Surrey, BC - Standard time 12.79 miles east of Boundary Bay Airport which just had a great freeware release. Also 6.86 miles south of Pitt Meadows - a special airport of Vancouver+. Another special airport of Vancouver+ - namely Langley - is a good idea to just fly west from to find the fireworks. As you will notice, when fireworks are shot from muincipalities w/o photoscenery in FSX it's rather problematic.

-NEW LOCATIONS FOR 2012-

Newmarket, ON - 10:00 PM until 10:30 PM some 23.68 KM/14.72 miles at 344.14 degrees from Buttonville Airport (CYKZ). I'm doing this because a friend of a dear friend is a rebel City Councilor over there.

Langley, BC - 10:30 PM until 11 PM 1 kilometer/.6 mile directly north of Langley Airport. Can't miss it!!!

There you go. Any problems - josefk-AT-USA-DOT-com is my new e-mail addy.

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit Canada_Day_fireworks_2012.zip
The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.