FSX: The 1940 Fokker T.5 bomber released - Page 11
Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181921 ... LastLast

Thread: FSX: The 1940 Fokker T.5 bomber released

Haha Huub! I'll try my best! I found a way to make it easier for myself...

Since I don't have a lot of information and modelling of the mid- and rear-fuselage sections interior, it's hard for me to get texture sheets right, and organize materials, and the like. So, I decided to put a simple plane between the first and second pilot's compartment. The nose section will the first section to be finished and included in release. Otherwise, I wouldn't be able to make progress until mid-2017 (when all modelling is finished), which will draw the entire process as well.

So, now I focus on texturing the nose interior and programming the stuff.
    dutcheeseblend.blogspot.nl

Living by the grace of our Lord

The yoke, I'm texturing it.

And the finished Van Heijst control panel.

The Fokker yoke is really an interesting thing. I can't recall I have ever seen an other manufacturer using a similar design.

Cheers,
    Huub

The Embrear ERJ springs to mind. Not quite same but the general idea is the same I think.
    Ziet er mooi aan Daan. Petje af voor je ontwerpvaardigheden
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails yoke1.jpg  
    Anneke

A few screens from FSX.

The nose section: the hinged panel of the commander/observer/bombardier. No glass in front of the gauges yet.

The desk of the very same crewmember. Next to it, the Van Heijst panel.

As it's all about that yoke, 'bout that yoke:

The two horns behind the pilot, with a part of the fire extinguisher. I'd like to refer to this photograph for the real one: http://www.nederlandseluchtvaart.nl/...73&postcount=9

Thanks!

That's looking very good Daan!

Wow!

Cees

nederlandseluchtvaart.nl is down... The place where I got most of my information, where I met new people, where I got my inspiration...

I understand the admin's decision. Now I want to express my feelings:

Its a real pity Daan. I will miss the place too. The knowledge there was incredible.

A sad Huub

Hmmm, just today Edwin H was mentioned on my LikedIn list. Coïncidence?

Indeed a pity!

Cees

Finally, the bomber starts talking back to me! I started on the labels, which is coming along nicely.

The panel at the right fuselage side. Everything is incomplete in multiple ways, but, anyway... Note: the fuseholders have got their correct color designation.

Engine and trim controls at the left side.

The rotatable console of the observer/commander/bombardier.

Have a nice one!

Daan

Looks great Daan . Its funny to many detail which you also will find in the G-1.

Have a nice Sunday!
    Huub

Very nice Daan! This is an incredible labour of love!

Cees

Blog Entries

L'incroyable c'est ci!

Stuff like this leaves me speechless...
    Can't wait to see this project finished...

Amazedly yours,
    G.

SOH-CM-2023

Ohhhhhhhhhhh, past is coming realy to live

Daan,

I can reply with the usual, amazing, incredible, etc. But I don't have any other words for it. Indeed great work on a bird we Dutch like very much.
    The crewchief has already opened the hangar and can't wait to service this bird.

John

T.5 is back on track! I've been busy with gauges, animating and programming.

These are the engine controls. The yellow levers are the throttles, the black are the prop levers and the blue one is the automatic mixture control. Normaal is something like auto-rich and Arm is something like auto-lean. The latter can only be used in cruise flight, I assume somewhere between 45-55% of throttle. Both engines are controlled with this one blue lever.
    Between the two (yellow) throttle lever, there is a kind of unlocking pen, which should be lifted to allow the throttles to pass 80%. Because this is pretty unuseful in-sim, I decided to animate it only, no mouserect.

Done some work on gauges as well. I have transferred some of these from my D.21 made by Huub, some are made by myself however. Red marked gauges are still incorrect, as is the artificial 'Wendehorizont'. I have to revert from blue to black...

Startup procedure is programmed as well. Magnetos on, fuel tanks open (white knobs with Open - Links - Dicht and Open - Rechts - Dicht), ignition (bobine) engaged, engine selected (with the L.motor-0-R.motor knob) and hit Starten.

The observer/commander uses a direction commander (by Askania) to command the pilot. He switches on the device and controls either the left or right foot lever. Respectively, the red or green lamp (both for the observer and the pilot, see above) will light up.

Thanks!

Great news Daan! Been some time since the last post!

Looking good!

Cees

Switches, dials, pull, click, turn, push! I want the plane just for the cockpit detail. Absolutely beautiful work.
    And I'm sure the rest of the plane will be equally well done.

Looks really great Daan!

I see you need an other speedometer 0-500 km/uur, two new RPM-meters Weston 600-3500 t/min and a Kollsman vacuum meter 0 25 cm hg for one panel
    And for the other panel you need two new Kollsman 180-01 fuel tank meters 0-750 liter

When I'm able to find some time I will do them.

Cheers,
    Huub

Quote Originally Posted by huub vink View Post
    Looks really great Daan!

I see you need an other speedometer 0-500 km/uur, two new RPM-meters Weston 600-3500 t/min and a Kollsman vacuum meter 0 25 cm hg for one panel
    And for the other panel you need two new Kollsman 180-01 fuel tank meters 0-750 liter

When I'm able to find some time I will do them.

Cheers,
    Huub
    You're making gauges these days Huub?

Cees

Quote Originally Posted by Cees Donker View Post
    You're making gauges these days Huub?

Cees
    Just the drawings Cees. I did them for the D.21 as well and I'm currently also busy on the gauges for a real size replica of a G-1 cockpit.

Cheers,
    Huub

Hi everybody,

So, I posted this a few weeks ago at www.nederlandseluchtvaart.nl already. In the last two weeks, I've been terribly busy for school: we did a aircraft wiring harness design project but we misplanned the deadline... In the end, we saw we had only one week left instead of two... Ouch! But, we got there!

Anyway, I was talking about doing some preliminary work on the Flight Dynamics of my T.5. This involves struggling with the .air and .cfg files. To prevent making fundamental mistakes as I made with my D.21, I prepared myself a little better by reading Yves Guillaume's paper: http://library.avsim.net/download.php?DLID=170811
    Best starting point, and the point where it went wrong with the D.21, is the weight and balance section of the .cfg:

Code:
    [WEIGHT_AND_BALANCE]
    max_gross_weight= 
    empty_weight= 

reference_datum_position=   
    empty_weight_CG_position=  

empty_weight_pitch_MOI= 
    empty_weight_roll_MOI= 
    empty_weight_yaw_MOI= 
    empty_weight_coupled_MOI= 

max_number_of_stations=
    station_load.0=
    To fill this properly, I needed the following table, as copied from the T.5 handbook:

(OK, I know, it's in Dutch AND Metric...)

The grey faces are to be included in the FSX empty weight baseline.

The maximum gross weight of the T.5 is 7650 kg. This is not corresponding to the table mentioned above but derived from another loading case. Basically, the bomb load differs and thereby increases the total weight by 400 kg. In the end, max_gross_weight will equal to 16856 lbs.

Next on is the empty weight. Microsoft defined it as Total weight (in pounds) of the aircraft minus usable fuel, passengers, and cargo.
    This would result in 5700.9 kg (TOTAAL GEWICHT - white and coloured faces).

Now we get to the reference coordinates. FSX has four sets of them:
    - VMO: Visual Model Origin, origin of the 3D model and important for pitch, roll and yaw moments;
    - reference_datum_position, used to locate all other points;
    - Aerodynamic center wing, could be set in the .air, otherwise being calculated by FSX. Only influences pitch moments;
    - Center of gravity.

To keep things simple, I decided to keep ref_datum, AC and VMO at the same location. To complete this action, I set the AC in the .air to (0,0,0).
    In order to do this, I need to find the wing AC. Done with some calculations from the handbook. The handbook uses a plane, mid of the front spar, as a reference for all weight calculations. See figure below.

The leading edge of the Mean Aerodynamic Chord is at 0.395 m in front of the Vertical Plane. The MAC has a length of 3.385 m. AC is generally located at quarter chord: 0.395 - 0.25*3.385 = 0.45125 m behind the Vertical Plane. This is the AC and should therefore be the ref_datum and VMO. I set the ref_datum to (0,0,0) in the .cfg and translated my models to this point (tricky action... but done).

Now the CG location of the empty-weight state has to be entered. To this end, the total moment from the third column is divided by the empty weight (grey faces thingy taken into account). The resulting value is relative to the Vertical Plane, so subsequently corrected for the location relative to VMO. However, according to the manual the CG will shift backwards 1.1% due to landing gear retraction. This correction is taken along, resulting in a -0.022 ft longitudinal location of the CG with respect to VMO.

Moments of Inertion for pitch, roll, yaw and coupled. Microsoft states that the latter one generally equals 0, so I take that. If someone disagrees, please tell me.
    However, according to Guillaume, FSX doesn't calculate the MOIs of the loaded states correctly, resulting in too low values. Guillaume recommends to use the zero fuel weight MOI instead of empty weight MOI.

That's it Cheers!

Blog Entries
    Those panels are a MASTERPIECE! WOW!!!
    Ted
    Vivat Christus Rex! Ad maiorem Dei gloriam

Testwork... Flight Dynamics... Doin' it better than with my D.21...

Here we peek over the pilot's shoulder, just like soldier Plasmans...

A nice pic of the 856 at Woensdrecht AB.

And another one above Brabant (southern part of the Netherlands).

Cheerio, Daan

Oh, and in a while: http://www.13mei1940.nl/index.php/he...g-13-mei-2016/

Smile

What a beauty! My dad build a model from scratch onces, at about 1/20 scale (from paper, wood and some tin cans ) I allways thought that this was a rather modern looking plane for that time. (like the G-1 and perhaps to some degree the D-21 while it was conceived). Can't wait to fly this one

The T.V is a very interesting aircraft and I'm glad to see you are still making progress!

Cheers,
    Huub

Members who have read this thread: 3