FSX: The 1940 Fokker T.5 bomber released - Page 12
Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 24567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: FSX: The 1940 Fokker T.5 bomber released

An outstanding project built from the 'Heart'.
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Straight from the Heart, Wombat!

Wanted to make a video of the FSX beauty I encounter sometimes. Please enjoy!

dutcheeseblend.blogspot.nl

Living by the grace of our Lord

On May 4, at 8:00 pm, everybody in the Netherlands is silent for two minutes. In these two minutes, we remember those who died for freedom in World War II up until now.

"Let us remember that freedom is not only freedom for the complete society, but also freedom for minorities, also freedom for individuals."

Commemorated to those who died for freedom.

SOH-CM-2023

I'm speechless

Daan,

wondefull job, outstanding video and can't wait to fly over Holland in my own FSX world!!!!!!!!

Thanks for the Fokkers.

John "Siebolt"

Very nice video Daan! And thank you for doing this complex model.

Cheers,
    Huub

Ok, getting the dust of my T.5 off again... Have been busy finishing the Avem Ferro AF-01 project lately, finishing the last term, now it's time to get to my T.5 again.

Well, she appears to be allright... At the Schipholgebouw of Aviodrome, Lelystad Airport.

Peeking through the commander's side window to his panel. I finished/modified all gauge textures. I also did a bit of programming, but you can't see that from here.

A look at the main panel, which is curiously mounted at the opposite side of the fuselage. One can only hope no one strikes the panel. Hmm, I could add a warning sign there: "Pas op! Laag!" or something like this.
    Again, gauges textured and programmed. Some gauges are not the exact exact type, but they at least approximate the original very well. The only bits left here are the valves for the suction system, which will be mounted on top of the placard shown.

And the side panel, which is about electrics, hydraulics and engines. Same applies for the main panel. The hydraulic and electric system will be investigated deeper in the coming weeks.

The show must go on...

Started work on the instrument lights. I do however not know where the lamps themselves are located.

Part of this lighting has been made for the D.21, some other have been made by myself and some are not done yet.

Looks great Daan, you have achieved much more that I ever dared to hope for . I will have a look whether I can find a clue where the lamps were hidden.

Cheers,
    Huub

Thanks Huub, if you're willing to! I'm quite satisfied, although there are a few open spots left. However, I think the model shows pretty much everything which can be known of the T.5.

Interior lighting is done now. Job at the moment is to update the exterior model with respect to the current interior.

T.5 startup video

Hi all,

In the past few days, I've been working on a custom, authentic startup procedure for the engines. It's pretty much finished now, so I shot a video of that:

https://youtu.be/dReM7bdLqgo

Thanks!

Daan

Edit No. 1001: Why doesn't it just embed??

Retired SOH Administrator Ferry_vO's Avatar
    Great video Daan, and I also watched some of your other T.V videos. Can't wait to fly it myself!
    Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

Hi Daan,

Based on the statement, in the Fokker T.V handbook (Pages 79 and 93) that the instruments were illuminated by invisible light I can only conclude that the same system as in the D.XXI and G.1 was used in the T.V. A description how the lights worked can be found on page 80 from the handbook.

There was one light in the observer section, there were two lights in the main cockpit, and there was one in the second cockpit. I haven't been able to find a clue where they were mounted, but due to the principle I assume it can't be very far from the instruments. In addition to these lights there were "Plafonniers" (ceiling lights), mounted in the observer area, radio hut and in the tail gunner section.

I afraid its all I could find on this subject. No real answers, but perhaps just a conformation that there isn't much information.

Cheers,
    Huub

Quote Originally Posted by huub vink View Post
    Hi Daan,

Based on the statement, in the Fokker T.V handbook (Pages 79 and 93) that the instruments were illuminated by invisible light I can only conclude that the same system as in the D.XXI and G.1 was used in the T.V. A description how the lights worked can be found on page 80 from the handbook.

There was one light in the observer section, there were two lights in the main cockpit, and there was one in the second cockpit. I haven't been able to find a clue where they were mounted, but due to the principle I assume it can't be very far from the instruments. In addition to these lights there were "Plafonniers" (ceiling lights), mounted in the observer area, radio hut and in the tail gunner section.

I afraid its all I could find on this subject. No real answers, but perhaps just a conformation that there isn't much information.

Cheers,
    Huub
    Thank you Huub! I can't find the things on photographs either, so I'd have to find a logical placement. Will be OK I guess...

I guess there are less favourable workplaces for testing activities...

Quote Originally Posted by Dutcheeseblend View Post

Very good mate, I like your both planes keep it up

Quote Originally Posted by eagleye100 View Post
    Very good mate, I like your both planes keep it up
    Thank you sir!

Yesterday I went to the Aviodrome archives to find some more data on the performance of the plane, adjusted the FD accordingly. I think I'm pretty close now, but I will probably visit the National Archives as well.
    I've also tried some interior weathering, you can see it here:

Image is slightly darker due to ReShade.

It looks really impressive Daan!

Cheers,
    Huub

Quote Originally Posted by Dutcheeseblend View Post

Beautiful work... window frames are so clean, nicely done!!!

"Time is God's way of keeping everything from happening at once"

Looking good Daan!

Cees

Thank you all!

Working on weathering, here we see the pilot's seat. Not too bad, but still difficult job. Spec maps haven't been done for the interior yet.

Beware!

Bomb bays open. I still need to adjust the textures for the inner bomb bay doors and inner gear doors to be more convincing. Also need to add bomb doors actuators and gear doors rubber bands.

Low-altitude ops. Also used as evasion maneuvers during the war: HuBoBe (huisje-boompje-beestje, house-tree-animal..)

I added autopilot in my T.5! WOT? Autopilot? Yes! Why? Well, the bombardier has an electrical device with some lamps, with which he could instruct the pilot to turn either left or right. To enjoy the aircraft and to find a nice application of this Askania Direction Commander, I decided to make a simple autopilot of it. It's switched on with this knob and has default altitude hold. Probably will change that, but I don't have any historical accurate disquise for it.

When the AP is on, the bombardier can increase or decrease the AP heading bug with the right or left foot pedal. One of the lights will then flash.

Enjoy! Daan

Thinking of Holland
    I see wide rivers
    flowing slowly through
    the endless lowlands.

rows of implausibly
    wispy poplars
    like feathers
    at the distant horizons;

and sunk in that
    tremendous space,
    the farms
    all over the countryside,

copses and villages,
    lopped-off towers,
    churches and elm trees,
    in a greater unity.

the skies are low
    and the sun is,
    in banks of grey,
    slowly smothered,

and in all regions
    the voice of water,
    with its eternal disasters,
    is heard and feared

Remembering Holland, by Hendrik Marsmanfree translation by me inspired by David Colmer

Hendrik Marsman wrote repeatedly about the menace that water poses for the Dutch. He drowned when the boat he was on was torpedoed by the Germans......

Cees

Beautiful shots Daan! The chair is trully a piece of art . Funny you are quoting Hendrik Marsman (Nice translation BTW) as he had left the Netherlands already in 1936 and lived in France. I think he must have hated the Netherlands as he also said:" Holland is and remains a misery, as he who stamps on the ground, will sink into the mud" .

Cheers,
    Huub

Interesting to hear more about this man, Huub and Cees. His poem just came in my mind, as it often does, during a test flight.

I started working on the radios. Here we see the installation in the mid-fuse section of the plane. The big transmitter above, and the receiver below. On the table, there is a morse key, which actually works (well, it only produces a sound ).

The radio has two main wavelengths on the transmitter: short and long! The left two knobs are for the shortwave and the right two knobs for the longwave. I mapped them COM1 and COM2, respectively, where the two-arms knob selects whole mHz and the red/blue knob is used for finetuning.
    The placard in the frame gives some instructions for rapid use. There's four wavelength modes on the installation, which I converted to FSX-able modes: ADF, NAV1, COM1 and BOTH. This works also in the receiver. The switch below the placard is used for COM1/COM2 switching. I couldn't find a destination for the knob below that one, so I removed it and applied a bit of tape: Broken!

Actually, there was never such a thing like ADF or NAV on this bomber, but it's the only way in FSX we can receive morse.

The receiver is used to select the mode. COM is always on in FSX, so selecting mode 1 Blue will get you to receive any desired ADF and COM. Mode 2 Red will get you to receive any desired NAV1. These only work if the selector "Telephony - Telegraphy" is switched to the latter. Mode 3 Green will only receive COM active (and morse if the switch isn't set back) and Mode 4 White will receive COM1 and COM2

Every crew member has an intercom device. I made one inspired by the actual device of a Fokker G.1, but I'm not sure if it's 100% authentic for the T.5. Especially since drawings reserve quite a bigger space for these devices.
    Every crew member has to turn on the switch, subsequently a red lamp lights up at his own device and a yellow one at the other's.
    C = Commandant (Commander)
    P = Piloot (Pilot)
    T = Tweede bestuurder (Second pilot)
    M = Marconist
    S = Schutter (Tailgunner)

I probably need to fit plugs in these sockets as well, although I like these sockets.

Also changed prop mesh and material.

Cheerio, Daan

Members who have read this thread: 3